Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Wilson Pro Tour 90 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=242318)

bumfluff 01-29-2009 10:32 AM

Wilson Pro Tour 90
 
What is this racket like? Looking at the specs, it seems to have a very similar weight distribution to the PSC6.1, am I right in thinking this? How does it compare to the PSC in other regards, I don't think it is as stiff which would be an advantage for me.

Anyone got a good opinion on this frame?

Also, there is a review on TW for a Wilson Tour 90, is this the same thing? The specs seem to differ from other places.

jorel 01-29-2009 10:42 AM

its not really a classic

bumfluff 01-29-2009 10:47 AM

Sorry, its discontinued, I thought that was also a critereon for this section.

Can anyone tell me how much a new one of these should be worth aswell?

jorel 01-29-2009 10:50 AM

My little story about this racquet

I was playing with a Wilson 85 chicago and broke a string..and had a tour 90 in the car so decided to grab it and keep playing

After about 2 minutes with the Tour 90 I stopped///
\
I refused to keep playing… it just wasn’t right .. in the sense of right and wrong …. to keep playing with the Tour 90 after coming from the Chicago… night and day feel and performance…

But the Tour 90 is a good racquet just wrong in the sense of coming from a Chicago 85

The Chicago 85 being right in the sense of right and wrong (should I say it again?)

jorel 01-29-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3069441)
Sorry, its discontinued, I thought that was also a critereon for this section.

Can anyone tell me how much a new one of these should be worth aswell?

brand new... i think they are going on the bay for about $140 or so....

bumfluff 01-29-2009 10:58 AM

Do you know how mobile it is compared to the PSC 6.1?

jorel 01-29-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3069493)
Do you know how mobile it is compared to the PSC 6.1?

did you read the TW review???

should be the same racquet... some places list strung specs and other places list unstrung....

TW always lists as strung

The comments of Granville would be the one to focus on in the review... he has extensive experience with the 6.1

bumfluff 01-29-2009 11:08 AM

http://www.tennisracquets.com/racket...stafftour.html

They list it as 12.5 Strung.

jorel 01-29-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3069533)

yep.. looks about right depending on the type of string...

here ya go

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Revi...T90Review.html

bumfluff 01-29-2009 01:07 PM

One thing I still can't comprehend is if this swings anything like the PSC6.1, the specs look close but can anyone tell me?

morten 01-29-2009 01:14 PM

it does swing a bit like the PSC6.1 yes... It is way better than K90 IMO, but something was not quite right for me... hard to explain, maybe a bit dead in upper hoop and lacked some feel... Only way i can describe it.

jorel 01-30-2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3069957)
One thing I still can't comprehend is if this swings anything like the PSC6.1, the specs look close but can anyone tell me?

well , if you read the tw review... Gran thinks its slightly clumsy and he was at that time using the 6.1 ( a version of it anyway.)

bumfluff 01-30-2009 09:34 AM

I did read it, not in incredible depth but I don't think it was the Classic he was using which is a heavier one. Thanks for all the input guys. Sorry Jorel if you feel this isn't worth of the classics :)

bumfluff 01-31-2009 01:13 AM

I've gone a bought a matched pair of these, one is brand new the other barely used. Cost me 150 but the bay sent me a 10% discount voucher yesterday which was handy so it comes in at about $194.

Can't wait to try one.

jorel 02-02-2009 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3078112)
I've gone a bought a matched pair of these, one is brand new the other barely used. Cost me 150 but the bay sent me a 10% discount voucher yesterday which was handy so it comes in at about $194.

Can't wait to try one.

enjoy///

i remember placing some lead at 3 and 9 and 6 counterweighted in the handle and the racquet really plowed thru the ball with nice feel. if u can handle the extra weight.... might even be similar to the new k88 and saved urself a bundle of cash

bumfluff 02-02-2009 12:00 PM

It sounds like it would bbe a little more manouverable than that.

Jorel you know how you showed me that review for the PST90, is there a TW one for the PSC6.1? I tried looking but couldn't find any.

jorel 02-03-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3091986)
It sounds like it would bbe a little more manouverable than that.

Jorel you know how you showed me that review for the PST90, is there a TW one for the PSC6.1? I tried looking but couldn't find any.

not if yu customized it like how i suggested...

no there isnt one of the psc6.1 (too old ;).. the closest u will find are the reviews for the newer versions of it... the Kfactor 6.1 might be the one closest in play to the original

bumfluff 02-03-2009 11:13 AM

PST90s arrived today. Won't have a chance to try some serves with them until Friday/Saturday and will be playing dubs on Sunday.

My god I think they are the most beautiful rackets I have ever seen. They are really quite something to behold.

ag200boy 02-03-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumfluff (Post 3095989)
PST90s arrived today. Won't have a chance to try some serves with them until Friday/Saturday and will be playing dubs on Sunday.

My god I think they are the most beautiful rackets I have ever seen. They are really quite something to behold.

exactly what i thought when i got mine :D

bumfluff 02-03-2009 01:53 PM

Seem to be a little bit heavier than my pSC6.1 so I hope I can cope with it. Will have to wait and see.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse