Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   which one have you think be the most durable tennis shoes? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=2425)

dollars 04-01-2004 05:43 PM

which one have you think be the most durable tennis shoes?

Hello, everyone here!
I have been troubled by one question of tennis shoes.
I had tried several tennis shoes of different brands and most of them are not durable! It spent me about two months abrading out of the outsole.(Average 5 hours per week.)
Did you meet the same troubles, dear tennis funs? Could you recommend one kind of tennis shoes for me?
Hoping your reply!

Ben

Hawaii 5.0 04-01-2004 11:48 PM

Well most warranty shoes will survive only 5 hrs a week.Most have a 6 month warranty, but proportionally Fila's Evergrind 7 month warrantied outsole is more durable than Adidas,Head,Prince,Wilson,Nike,NB, or any other shoe I've tried,they aren't my favorite shoes, but on sheer rubber durability.

AAAA 04-02-2004 03:55 AM

Were those K-Swiss shoes with hard dura-plugs in the sole long lasting?

tykrum 04-02-2004 02:17 PM

I have had very good success with the Fila Axilus (I don't know if they still make it) and the Nike Resolve. Both have warranties, and have held up well. I used to play quite a bit more than 5 hours a week too. Both of those shoes were very comfortable and they both look nice too.

dollars 04-05-2004 04:59 PM

How about the Prince tennis shoes?

TennsDog 04-10-2004 04:42 PM

on prince shoes

STAY AWAY FROM PRINCE. For any serious tennis player, I would definitely suggest staying away from Prince shoes - they offer very little support and durability is not great. Note that no pro (anyways that I have seen) wears Prince shoes...there is a reason for that! I have had two pair of Prince shoes (QT's and NFS Precisions) and they were both the same, very cushy, no support, and poor durability. They are not IMO performance shoes. Comfy, yes, but that is all. The NFS Precision 2002's are cheap, I guess you get what you pay for.

BreakPoint 04-10-2004 09:16 PM

No pros wear Prince shoes because Prince doesn't pay pros millions of dollars to wear their shoes NOT because they're not good shoes. There's a reason why Barricade III's cost $105. It's because a lot of that money goes to pay the Adidas sponsored pros like: Safin, Henman, Coria, Bryan brothers, etc. So what you're really getting is a $70 shoe for $105. On the other hand, when you pay $70 for a pair of Prince shoes, you're actually getting $70 worth of shoes. BTW, I've worn many different models of Prince shoes in the past and have found most of them to be very comfortable and supportive. I also find the overall build quality to be much better than most other brands of shoes out there, especially Nike and Reebok.

Swan Song 04-10-2004 09:21 PM

Lisa Raymond wears NFF. The pro who used to be famous who wore Prince was Jana Novotona.

failurebydesign 04-10-2004 09:38 PM

I use Nike Air Resolves for practice (17.5 hours a week) and Nike Air Implosions for game days. Air Resolves are really nice shoes after you break them in. They are very durable and comes with warranty. They're a bit wide but it's not much of an issue even for my narrow feet.

PHSTennis 04-11-2004 07:17 AM

Barricade 2 works best, other shoes are too hard and I cant move as well, they last a long time too my first pair was about 6 months, they dont look pretty bad either, if you rip them in 6 months or less Adidas will send a new pair to you, pretty good deal end up paying about 40 each if you go through shoes quickly. :P

Hawaii 5.0 04-11-2004 02:07 PM

Prince makes good shoes and I wont let anyone bash them without really having expereince.I have worn just about every shoe out there and can say that although only the new Prince QT FastCourts are one's taht fit me they make excellent shoes.Prince's rubber isn't as hard or durable as Adidas or Wilson or many other warrantied shoes, but they do have plenty of support if they fit your foot right and are used at every level regardless of sponsorship.People can get away with playing with racquets that don't fit, but not shoes.You wear what works for you.Prince's QT Scream's have slightly wider forefoot area's as well as having medium heel and instep area's,they come in mid's and low's and use a softer leather than most shoes.The NFS Viper 2's come in a mid or low and are slightly heavier and much more supportive, but have a boxier toebox and have a higher arch.All Prince shoes have a warrantied outsole regardless of how soft their rubber is compared to other companies.Just cuz the shoes didn't fit you doesn't make them bad shoes.