Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Reason for recent Federer loss (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=243675)

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol 02-04-2009 03:57 AM

Reason for recent Federer loss

I overheard the commentators during the match of Nadal having a big advantage as far as coaching. Apparently, Roger doesn't have a proper coach as like Rafa.

He better get a coach, because he's losing the big ones. Nadal is the obvious hardest worker on tour and deserved to win the Aus Open.

Opinions?

TopShelf 02-04-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsongaEatingAPineappleLol (Post 3098589)
I overheard the commentators during the match of Nadal having a big advantage as far as coaching. Apparently, Roger doesn't have a proper coach as like Rafa.

He better get a coach, because he's losing the big ones. Nadal is the obvious hardest worker on tour and deserved to win the Aus Open.

Opinions?

When he is wining without a coach he gets high praise and when he is losing, he is seen as mistake ridden "because of no coach".

Either way, a coach is only going to help a minor amount and how much is that minor amount? Enough to not lose 6-2 in a 5th set? Doubt it

Sentinel 02-04-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf (Post 3098973)
When he is wining without a coach he gets high praise and when he is losing, he is seen as mistake ridden "because of no coach".

Either way, a coach is only going to help a minor amount and how much is that minor amount? Enough to not lose 6-2 in a 5th set? Doubt it

How about 6-0 in the 3rd ?

fuzz nation 02-05-2009 08:47 AM

Pat Mac has a little too much to say given the limits of his wisdom. I suppose the talking heads in general are paid to second guess guys like Fed through their ups and especially their downs.

Roger has done a historic job without much of a coach, so it's odd for me to hear people say that he obviously needs one now. Number one... Number one in the world... For years...

If he takes on a coach, it will be someone he trusts. If that trust in a person existed for him now, he'd have that person in his camp I think. Keep in mind that Federer retaking the number one spot isn't entirely up to him. It could be the case that Roger, as great as he is, will never catch up with Rafa, even with a coach. The only thing that slowed Nadal down last year was the Mt. Everest of a schedule that he played. The Olympics aren't in the way this year and given that he's still improving, I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal completes the true Grand Slam of tennis perhaps this year or the next.

Right now I think that Rafa losing the top rung in the world is up to him and what he does to keep it.

byealmeens 02-05-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf (Post 3098973)

I agree that he needs very little assistance to "work on his game". However, he may need someone to help support him through the tough times he's faced. I realize he has Mirka, but perhaps someone with tour experience can help strengthen the support system. You don't necessarily need someone with the answer when you're struggling - sometimes you just need someone willing to find it with you. A coach with experience could possibly offer the perspective he needs. Personally, I can't help but feel Roger looks and feels alone out there.

TopShelf 02-05-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byealmeens (Post 3103805)
I agree that he needs very little assistance to "work on his game". However, he may need someone to help support him through the tough times he's faced. I realize he has Mirka, but perhaps someone with tour experience can help strengthen the support system. You don't necessarily need someone with the answer when you're struggling - sometimes you just need someone willing to find it with you. A coach with experience could possibly offer the perspective he needs. Personally, I can't help but feel Roger looks and feels alone out there.

Very true, but I am sure he is still getting "assistance" but just not enough to make it known??

danb 02-05-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 3099043)
How about 6-0 in the 3rd ?

That is coming - give him time :twisted::twisted::twisted:

pushing_wins 02-05-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsongaEatingAPineappleLol (Post 3098589)

Opinions?

if i posted this on one of the numerous rogers threads, no one would pay any attention

happens to me all the time

tennisenthusiast 12-10-2011 11:54 AM