Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Treasure hunting…. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=243874)

jorel 02-05-2009 04:02 AM

Treasure hunting….

I love the bay… I feel like a treasure hunter

Finding these gems under all that dirt for dirt cheap prices….

I got a Wilson Kramer for 99 cents and found maybe my most beloved favorite racquet of all time for $10 bucks

But now after writing this…. Everybody will probably start looking and the prices will skyrocket

Maybe I shouldn’t post this….

O well

atatu 02-05-2009 08:03 AM

If they have Cragislist where you are, you might check that out also, I have found some great frames there, just last week I picked up a mint condition, never strung Prince Graphite II Midsize frame from a former WTA pro.

plasma 02-05-2009 08:05 AM

my genuinely psychotic and uncontrollable addiction to the bay has come to and end...lasted about a year or so, was really scary, racquets non stop, an inner voice told me I was rescuing them or something...??????...I can safely say I won't buy any more r's this year, infact I'm donating a lot and trimming down and tightening up my collection
I have included a photo of a hill sculpture in my basement inwhich my racquets are stored, don't know why I built it, but it took a lot of time, should help to keep my mind off racquets for a while

it's almost complete!!!!!!

important stuff!

anirut 02-05-2009 08:51 AM

^
^
That sure's a well decorated basement!! hahahaha ...

lpicken 02-05-2009 11:40 AM

I can relate. Racquet hunting on the bay has all but ruined my life.

Virginia 02-05-2009 11:50 AM

i've just sworn off the bay for (probably) good. Due to the exchange rate with the New Zealand dollar going from .8 to .5 in the last 6 months, I have to pay double the US dollar value for any racquet I buy there, plus a hefty shipping fee of usually no less than $35.

My last purchase was good though - an Elektra Master (with the creamy white CAP grommets) in mint condition for $25, a Prince Response 110 (in 9/10 condition) for $20 and a new aluminium Wilson (Triumph) with PWS for $10. Shipping was $51, only a fraction less than the total cost of the racquets!

I'm trying to give up my addiction.... now I've reached the target of 300. Actually the target less than a year ago was 60, but I don't know what happened there... haha

gymrat76 02-05-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasma (Post 3102610)
my genuinely psychotic and uncontrollable addiction to the bay has come to and end...lasted about a year or so, was really scary, racquets non stop, an inner voice told me I was rescuing them or something...??????...I can safely say I won't buy any more r's this year, infact I'm donating a lot and trimming down and tightening up my collection
I have included a photo of a hill sculpture in my basement inwhich my racquets are stored, don't know why I built it, but it took a lot of time, should help to keep my mind off racquets for a while

it's almost complete!!!!!!

important stuff!

C'mooon!!! U know U want to buy uno mas AIR RIFLE!!! :)