Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Will you ever bring Estusa back? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=249877)

gsntech1 03-11-2009 08:37 PM

Will you ever bring Estusa back?
 
You guys used to sell the Estusa Power Beam Pro some years ago. seeing now that you've brought the Donnay pro one back, is there any chance of the same for the much beloved Estusa frame? i loooove that frame, but my 3 remaining frames are almost done. here's the only remaining link i found on it -

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Revi...PBPReview.html

much thanks!!

Paul

SFrazeur 03-11-2009 09:07 PM

I have always loved the elegant look of the Puma/Estusa molds. I think Boris Becker owns the mold(s).

-SF

max 03-12-2009 07:01 AM

This is a good idea.

Capt. Willie 03-12-2009 11:39 AM

Haven't we been through this before?

scraps234 03-13-2009 07:37 PM

i say we bring em in!...

Hankenstein 03-14-2009 01:45 AM

H*ll yea!! Great idea! Estusa was a really nice manufacturer! I used the Pro Legend Classic Pro , and it was like a clone of the Wilson PS Classic 6.1 without the PWS.

The "Becker" frame was the bomb for the S&V player! I think there is a market for this classic brand, so PLEASE TW, bring em back!!

DNShade 03-14-2009 01:51 AM

As stated before....I believe TW is quasi working on this...but they have to get the "guy" who owns the mold to agree before anything can move forward.

Serpententacle 03-17-2009 10:58 AM

I'd like to add my vote for Estusa. I would love to see some offered, and would probably buy one or two off of TW. I really would like to see the frame Connors used back in 1991 US Open reissued... or at least an iteration.

kkm 03-17-2009 12:50 PM

Would be cool to see Estusa again.

In the longer term would TW be able to bring back the Pro Staff 6.0 85 & 95, once the KPS88 furor has died down a bit?

SFrazeur 03-17-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkm (Post 3218922)

In the longer term would TW be able to bring back the Pro Staff 6.0 85 & 95, once the KPS88 furor has died down a bit?

The 6.0 85 and 95 are dead. The 85 especially as it has a direct replacement.

People can argue that the KPS 88 is no PS 85 all they want, however, that does not change the fact that it the bluster doesn't matter.

-SF

kkm 03-17-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 3219805)
The 6.0 85 and 95 are dead. The 85 especially as it has a direct replacement.

People can argue that the KPS 88 is no PS 85 all they want, however, that does not change the fact that it the bluster doesn't matter.

-SF

I definitely see your point in general, but couldn't one reasonably argue that there are two fairly similar rackets which could legitimately stake a claim as successor, the K90 and the KPS88?
Also, there were so many variations of the PS - Chicago, Saint Vincent, Taiwan/China, braided, non-braided and so on. Could be nice to make a PS today with a true 17mm beam, braided, etc.

SFrazeur 03-17-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkm (Post 3219920)
I definitely see your point in general, but couldn't one reasonably argue that there are two fairly similar rackets which could legitimately stake a claim as successor, the K90 and the KPS88?

Aside from the KPS 88, there have been three box beam midsize racquets from Wilson that could make claim: Pro Staff Tour 90, nCode 6.1 90 and the [K]Factor 6.1 90.

Were those racquet painted like a direct successor to the PS 85 and endorsed by Sampras, with his signature, as the KPS 88?

Quote:

Also, there were so many variations of the PS - Chicago, Saint Vincent, Taiwan/China, braided, non-braided and so on. Could be nice to make a PS today with a true 17mm beam, braided, etc.
Lack of quality control and production consistancy is hardly an argument for there willingness to revive a dead racquet.

I'm not try to be a jerk and tell you "your racquet is dead, get over it," or anything. I just think that at this point the chances of them reviving it are none.

-SF

kkm 03-17-2009 08:10 PM

Point well taken, SFRazeur, thanks for pointing out some important info. :-)

Serpententacle 03-19-2009 06:48 AM

Hijacked
 
^^^

Why are you both talking about Wilsons in an Estusa thread?

kkm 03-19-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpententacle (Post 3226461)
^^^

Why are you both talking about Wilsons in an Estusa thread?

Must be ADD and/or dyslexia! ;-)

Kidding aside, it's because the topic in a broader sense is about bringing back something that was discontinued.

proracketeer 05-21-2009 07:41 AM

Back to topic:
Bring back the Puma/Estusa Mold!

TW Staff 05-21-2009 08:28 AM

We have some Becker prepared ones coming up in the Bosworth collection but no head-way on getting the original molds back in production.

Chris, TW

ericsson 05-21-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 3448608)
We have some Becker prepared ones coming up in the Bosworth collection but no head-way on getting the original molds back in production.

Chris, TW

Alrighty!!! good news, thanks Chris.

DNShade 05-23-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 3448608)
We have some Becker prepared ones coming up in the Bosworth collection but no head-way on getting the original molds back in production.

Chris, TW

Chris,

Good to hear. Give us a little heads up if you could on when you are going ot get those in.

I assume BB is still the one with the molds right? I may bump into him at some point here so maybe I can slyly bring it up...

D

plasma 05-24-2009 06:14 AM

Becker Estusa's coming up in the Boz section...seriously??? haven't seen prostock like that in the vintage section for years. ..any idea on a time frame....????


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse