Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Brad Baughman (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=250305)

SoCalDominates 03-14-2009 06:58 PM

Brad Baughman

Deit was playing next to me today if you dont know who i was i was the one messing around that won. i hear you were talking about a fox news special on deit. love to hear about it. fill me in please

BradBaughman 03-14-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3209848)
Deit was playing next to me today if you dont know who i was i was the one messing around that won. i hear you were talking about a fox news special on deit. love to hear about it. fill me in please

So Cal give me a jot through my youtube account ill fill you in there , dont care to talk on here about it but will let you know what's up ! BTW how was your match easy or hard ,Deit was doing well, I worked on his opponents shoulder cause he was hurt and was able to keep the match going ,get that working on the enemy to keep hitting lol

SoCalDominates 03-14-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBaughman (Post 3209865)
So Cal give me a jot through my youtube account ill fill you in there , dont care to talk on here about it but will let you know what's up ! BTW how was your match easy or hard ,Deit was doing well, I worked on his opponents shoulder cause he was hurt and was able to keep the match going ,get that working on the enemy to keep hitting lol

easy haah 1 and 1. tomorrow will be tougher though. how did deit do? did fox news come today or not? aha

BradBaughman 03-14-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3209872)
easy haah 1 and 1. tomorrow will be tougher though. how did deit do? did fox news come today or not? aha

he won 1 a 2 ,, they didn't show but are doing a profile on him. talk with me tomorrow ill fill you in ,take care of business tommorow. see you their ill try and watch you if i can

SoCal10s 03-14-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3209848)

what is messing around? I hope you didn't disrespect your opponent just because you can hit the a tennis ball better.. if you have that kind of attitude,you can kiss your tennis future good bye...

SoCalDominates 03-15-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal10s (Post 3210086)
what is messing around? I hope you didn't disrespect your opponent just because you can hit the a tennis ball better.. if you have that kind of attitude,you can kiss your tennis future good bye...

I wasn't disrespecting my opponent in any way. the kid wasn't very good and he was yelling curse words and throwing his racket. if anything he was disrespecting me. by messing around i mean when deiton came next to me i was already up 6-1 3-0 and i wasn't playing my best. i was merely working on different aspects like serving and volleying on the majority of points and going for more just to work on it. by messing arouns i meant not playing my normal game

SoCal10s 03-15-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3210705)
I wasn't disrespecting my opponent in any way. the kid wasn't very good and he was yelling curse words and throwing his racket. if anything he was disrespecting me. by messing around i mean when deiton came next to me i was already up 6-1 3-0 and i wasn't playing my best. i was merely working on different aspects like serving and volleying on the majority of points and going for more just to work on it. by messing arouns i meant not playing my normal game

OK good luck today, looks like you have a tough 2 rounds.Deit's draw is easier.. too bad Deit could draw Nikko, that would have been interesting...

SoCalDominates 03-15-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal10s (Post 3210937)
OK good luck today, looks like you have a tough 2 rounds.Deit's draw is easier.. too bad Deit could draw Nikko, that would have been interesting...

thanks. i won the first one 6-2 6-0 and the second one 6-3 2-6 6-2. playing very well. deiton fell in his first match 4 and 6 to a solid guy. plenty of controversy in that match over calls, score and god knows what else. overall i thought deit played very solid the other guy was better then his ranking. hes a kid from Weill in Ojai

BradBaughman 03-15-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3212069)
thanks. i won the first one 6-2 6-0 and the second one 6-3 2-6 6-2. playing very well. deiton fell in his first match 4 and 6 to a solid guy. plenty of controversy in that match over calls, score and god knows what else. overall i thought deit played very solid the other guy was better then his ranking. hes a kid from Weill in Ojai

It was a bad call on a key point but the kid in no way was the kid cheating just a bad call, it was in the shadow and Deit let it get to him then the ref told deit he wasn't allowed to pump his fist towards us his parents ,but over all the other boy played steady and deserve the win!

SoCalDominates 03-15-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBaughman (Post 3212867)
It was a bad call on a key point but the kid in no way was the kid cheating just a bad call, it was in the shadow and Deit let it get to him then the ref told deit he wasn't allowed to pump his fist towards us his parents ,but over all the other boy played steady and deserve the win!

deit looked real tight in the breaker in the second. i thought he had him at 6-5 but he kinda tightened up a little. the kid he played was having an unusually good day. i thought deit played pretty well. ur thoughts? the one thing deit doesnt have that will come as he gets older is a killer serve. the thing i noticed about the guy deit was playing was that he could win free points when he needed off his first serve. just a thought. deit will develop a bigger serve as he gets older though. other then that he has all the shots

SoCal10s 03-15-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3212069)

congrats on making it to the main draw... a few eyebrow raised by who made it and who didn't... Nikko who's been on a real tear in the 14s,didn't make it.. and Deit also... good win over CB

BradBaughman 03-16-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3212880)
deit looked real tight in the breaker in the second. i thought he had him at 6-5 but he kinda tightened up a little. the kid he played was having an unusually good day. i thought deit played pretty well. ur thoughts? the one thing deit doesnt have that will come as he gets older is a killer serve. the thing i noticed about the guy deit was playing was that he could win free points when he needed off his first serve. just a thought. deit will develop a bigger serve as he gets older though. other then that he has all the shots

Deit does have a pretty nice serve (big) he tends to always aim for placement rather then power during tight matches ,were trying to get him to cut loose a little more i think it will take some time (hes 12). He really let the call get to him yesterday which suprized me but in the end i saw how big he can play and realized he can dominate the age division if he wants and he so young even though he's my son i stand sometime amazed at what he can do .As for the other boy he played solid and like i said deserved the win!!

SoCal10s 03-16-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBaughman (Post 3214336)
Deit does have a pretty nice serve (big) he tends to always aim for placement rather then power during tight matches ,were trying to get him to cut loose a little more i think it will take some time (hes 12). He really let the call get to him yesterday which suprized me but in the end i saw how big he can play and realized he can dominate the age division if he wants and he so young even though he's my son i stand sometime amazed at what he can do .As for the other boy he played solid and like i said deserved the win!!

hey Brad ,are you saying that Deit can dominate the 16s boys in So Cal at age 12?

SoCalDominates 03-16-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

well from what i saw his serve is placed well but tht doesnt do it when u play real good 16 year olds. u need power and placement. the only reason i won yesterday was my serve was huge. high %, high mph, good placement. 16s and 18s is all about holding serve. and i really think as deit grows he'll get stronger and be able to bang it. i wouldnt worry about. just a thought i had. he;s incredible for 12.

BradBaughman 03-16-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3214410)
well from what i saw his serve is placed well but tht doesnt do it when u play real good 16 year olds. u need power and placement. the only reason i won yesterday was my serve was huge. high %, high mph, good placement. 16s and 18s is all about holding serve. and i really think as deit grows he'll get stronger and be able to bang it. i wouldnt worry about. just a thought i had. he;s incredible for 12.

weve been working in practice and he can get up to about 85-90 but in the matches depending on the returner he tends to go right to placing it 55-65 ,But you are right it will not work at the higher age groups they will get a read on it and its over!! Im gonna have him read your words it might provoke him Thanx

BradBaughman 03-16-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal10s (Post 3214368)
hey Brad ,are you saying that Deit can dominate the 16s boys in So Cal at age 12?

He can do what he wants but will he?

SoCal10s 03-16-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDominates (Post 3214410)

SoCalDominates: well part of this is true but I think you need to go around the block a few more times.. when you start playing excellent returners,unless you can ace or get winners serves with no returns all the time, I can guarantee you,you won't win without a solid groundstroke game or dominate with a volley game .. great returners will eventually get used to your serves and if you don't have enough game to back it up,you cannot win... if you ever get a chance to play guys like Spinosa ,Nguyen, Mkrtchian, or Wang in singles,you'll know what I'm talking about.. you can have a good serving day but after a while they'll come back and get you if you cannot match up with them on the other parts of the game...
I've watched Clay Thompson serve great and still lose a match because of a few points turn around where he cannot stay with the rallies ,and Clay's serve is almost always on...

SoCalDominates 03-16-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal10s (Post 3215474)
SoCalDominates: well part of this is true but I think you need to go around the block a few more times.. when you start playing excellent returners,unless you can ace or get winners serves with no returns all the time, I can guarantee you,you won't win without a solid groundstroke game or dominate with a volley game .. great returners will eventually get used to your serves and if you don't have enough game to back it up,you cannot win... if you ever get a chance to play guys like Spinosa ,Nguyen, Mkrtchian, or Wang in singles,you'll know what I'm talking about.. you can have a good serving day but after a while they'll come back and get you if you cannot match up with them on the other parts of the game...
I've watched Clay Thompson serve great and still lose a match because of a few points turn around where he cannot stay with the rallies ,and Clay's serve is almost always on...

I agree. ur making my point for me though. im not saying you only have to have a serve. u have to have good groundstrokes too. But you have to have a good serve too. thats what im saying. all the guys u mentioned: Mkrtchian has a huge serve, Wang good serve very well placed and hard, spinosa (played him over a year ago) huge serve, Nguyen i havent seen enough. the point is you have to have a big serve as a weapon and good grounstrokes, volleys, etc. If you dont have a semi big serve its tough to win at a high level

tenniscp 03-16-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

DOMINATING THE 16'S AGE DIVISION WOULD MEAN RELATIVELY EFFORTLESSLY BEATING GUYS LIKE JACK SOCK, DENIS KUDLA, MITCHEL FRANK, RAYMOND SARMIENTO JUST TO NAME A FEW.

aRE U SERIOUSLY MAKING THIS CLAIM IN YOUR RIGHT MIND? I DO LIKE DEIT'S GAME AND THINK HE IS VERY TALENTED, BUT SOME STATEMENTS THAT YOU MAKE FORCE ME TO QUESTION THE SANITY OF THE AUTHOR.

LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY HERE, DEIT IS GOOD FOR A 13 YEAR OLD, BUT TO CLAIM THE DOMINANCE OF AN AGE GROUP AFTER COUPLE OF "GLORIOUS" LOCAL LEVEL WINS IN THE SECTION.....COME NOW, BRAD. LET'S NOT START FLYING BEFORE WE LEARN TO CRAWL. YOU MAY DO SOME DAMAGE TO DEIT'S IMAGE WITH YOUR OUTLANDISH STATEMENTS. DO YOUR OWN KID A FAVOR, DO NOT TURN INTO RICHARD WILLIAMS, LET THE KID DEVELOP AND BE.

SoCalDominates 03-16-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenniscp (Post 3216966)
DOMINATING THE 16'S AGE DIVISION WOULD MEAN RELATIVELY EFFORTLESSLY BEATING GUYS LIKE JACK SOCK, DENIS KUDLA, MITCHEL FRANK, RAYMOND SARMIENTO JUST TO NAME A FEW.

aRE U SERIOUSLY MAKING THIS CLAIM IN YOUR RIGHT MIND? I DO LIKE DEIT'S GAME AND THINK HE IS VERY TALENTED, BUT SOME STATEMENTS THAT YOU MAKE FORCE ME TO QUESTION THE SANITY OF THE AUTHOR.

LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY HERE, DEIT IS GOOD FOR A 13 YEAR OLD, BUT TO CLAIM THE DOMINANCE OF AN AGE GROUP AFTER COUPLE OF "GLORIOUS" LOCAL LEVEL WINS IN THE SECTION.....COME NOW, BRAD. LET'S NOT START FLYING BEFORE WE LEARN TO CRAWL. YOU MAY DO SOME DAMAGE TO DEIT'S IMAGE WITH YOUR OUTLANDISH STATEMENTS. DO YOUR OWN KID A FAVOR, DO NOT TURN INTO RICHARD WILLIAMS, LET THE KID DEVELOP AND BE.

agreed. saying a 12 year old will be dominating the 16s is a little insane