Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Novak should return the money (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=251318)

barry 03-20-2009 03:16 PM

Novak should return the money
 
The 5 million Head paid Novak to use the new racket is not worth it, he would be lucky to win a match on the WTA tour with that racket.

If I were him, I would do what Safin did, and say I can't play with this piece of S33$. He is no longer competive in the top 25.

sk8ing 03-20-2009 03:20 PM

i agree just saw him get his @$$ kiked by roddick
djokovic kept missing

od_sf 03-20-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8ing (Post 3231835)
i agree just saw him get his @$$ kiked by roddick
djokovic kept missing

jeez, you just ruined the match for me (@ work, was going to watch the match tonight, tivo'ed it) - please keep current match results in the "pro match results" forum. :evil:

foLster 03-20-2009 04:00 PM

Thanks for ruining it for me man!

pabletion 03-20-2009 04:05 PM

wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saram 03-20-2009 04:13 PM

I knew the hate would flow in this spoiler of a thread considering the match was televised and people could have recorded it.

mary fierce 03-20-2009 07:45 PM

The OP's argument eludes me. If Head made a lousy racquet for the guy, they should pay him MORE money for continuing to use it and damage his ranking.

Ronny 03-20-2009 07:48 PM

he won dubai with it....so no he should not return the money...sounds like a money jealous fan who is crying

vandre 03-20-2009 07:57 PM

gee bar, truth be told, he's probably more likely than not using the same racquet he used when he was with wilson (which if you read other posts on this topic, you'll read that the consensus was he was using a custom head racquet with a wilson pj).

so it's really likely its the same racquet he won the 08 ao with. that means the racquet isn't the problem. if i had to guess, i'd say the problem is between his ears.

if anything is gonna give any money back, maybe nole's brain should issue his behind a refund check.

p.s. this prolly isn't a good place to post match results.

dr325i 03-20-2009 08:06 PM

What a bunch of nonsence (OP).
Roddick has been playing great lately, he's been in top of shape and IMO he was a favorite before the match. Novak did not improve at all since second half of 2008 with Wilson or Head...

BTW, he did beat a few top players lately (Simon, Ferrer, Cilic...) so, the WTA comment makes the OP look really stupid...

He's definitely having tough time these days and hopefully will return to more competitive form soon. However, currently, he's still clearly the top 10 player on the tour...

RFRF 03-20-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry (Post 3231800)
The 5 million Head paid Novak to use the new racket is not worth it, he would be lucky to win a match on the WTA tour with that racket.

If I were him, I would do what Safin did, and say I can't play with this piece of S33$. He is no longer competive in the top 25.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nicley put!

Okazaki Fragment 03-20-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry (Post 3231800)
The 5 million Head paid Novak to use the new racket is not worth it, he would be lucky to win a match on the WTA tour with that racket.

If I were him, I would do what Safin did, and say I can't play with this piece of S33$. He is no longer competive in the top 25.

There are worse things than losing to Roddick. Just ask Nadal in a couple of days.

saram 03-20-2009 09:50 PM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=17764

barry 03-21-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okazaki Fragment (Post 3233197)
There are worse things than losing to Roddick. Just ask Nadal in a couple of days.

Did you watch the match? Could you see how he was holding up on his shots, lack of confidence? Very apparent, this new frame is not working out for him.

He is really struggling, doubt he will remain in the top 20 by year end. He must have made 40 unforced errors. To bad, he is an excellent player, just not with the Head Crappy frame, but I guess 5 million is a lot of money and Head needs someone.

featherlight 03-21-2009 05:02 AM

Nole is just having a bad start to the year

Rickson 03-21-2009 05:04 AM

Very distasteful thread.

tomstennis 03-21-2009 05:07 AM

Head goes to Novak and say "We want to sponsor you"

Novak says "Recreate this frame I'm using right now and I'll play under the Head name"

= Racquet not any different :)

dr325i 03-21-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomstennis (Post 3233643)
Head goes to Novak and say "We want to sponsor you"

Novak says "Recreate this frame I'm using right now and I'll play under the Head name"

= Racquet not any different :)

That could have happened, but it did not...

dr325i 03-21-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry (Post 3233554)
Did you watch the match? Could you see how he was holding up on his shots, lack of confidence? Very apparent, this new frame is not working out for him.

He is really struggling, doubt he will remain in the top 20 by year end. He must have made 40 unforced errors. To bad, he is an excellent player, just not with the Head Crappy frame, but I guess 5 million is a lot of money and Head needs someone.

Did you???
He had 29 UE, not 40.

He's just having a down period that most likely will cause him to drop a few spots if it lasts. Out of top 20??? Nonsence. He's still in the top 10 easily.

Fed had a slow down period last year, he faked Mono and blamed it for it. Later it was "proven" not to be true. Novak is blaming the racket...

Anyway, no points to defent in Miami, therefore, he will get back whatever he lost at IW, the second part of the year favors him, ranking (points) wise...

Rickson 03-21-2009 05:25 AM

I'll take a wild guess that 325 is a Novak fan.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse