Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [Merged]Stick a fork in Roger! Done and should retire (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=251502)

Inner Game 03-21-2009 07:10 PM

[Merged]Stick a fork in Roger! Done and should retire

Sad to say Rogers done.....too much jet setting, endorsement appearances and not enough attention to tennis...Now he's lost a step and he'll never win another major unless its a fluke upset or injury to the other top 5 guys....I bet even Tsonga could kick his butt now!

federerdomination 03-21-2009 07:13 PM

Why should he retire? He loses to someone who is of a very high caliber. That is not shocking. In fact, considering the H2H going into this match, one could argue that Fed was the underdog.

So fed has trouble with a few players but can't beat just about everyone else on tour....

Therefore he should retire? WHAT???

Then everyone not named Nadal or Murray (or Djokovic) should also all retire because they can't beat Nadal or Murray either? What about all the people who lost in the first round? Should they retire?

What about the people who didn't even make it into the tournament? Should they all retire at this instant?

Should we make the ATP tour a 2 man battle with Nadal and Murray playing each other for every title?
Copy from other thread:

Even the best of the best lose sometimes. What about Nadal's 6-0, 6-1 (something like that) loss to Youzney (spelling) or Tsonga's beatdown of Nadal at AO 2008? What about when Murray lost to Fed at the USO?

Do u think they should have retired after those losses?

New material:

How do u know he won't win a major again? Let's see. He's been in the semis at the past 19 GSs!

To anyone who knows anything about tennis, it is obvious Fed gives himself a shot at winning every slam very consistently. Should I also mention he's been in the past 3 GS finals?

Nadal_Freak 03-21-2009 07:14 PM

I agree. Fed should've retired by now. What's the hold up?

VivalaVida 03-21-2009 07:15 PM

Yawn! The guy loses one match and he is down the gutter :rolleyes: Let me know when Roger starts to lose during the first week of all majors. Next!

GameSampras 03-21-2009 07:17 PM

Its only Indian Wells and he lost to Murray. Its not like he lost to Roddick at a slam final

Okazaki Fragment 03-21-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Game (Post 3236612)
Sad to say Rogers done.....too much jet setting, endorsement appearances and not enough attention to tennis...Now he's lost a step and he'll never win another major unless its a fluke upset or injury to the other top 5 guys....I bet even Tsonga could kick his butt now!

Nah. The guy's problem is that he has too much empathy. Look at what happened today. He was about to take control of the match until Murray had a bad spill. Didn't win a game after that.

Federer needs to stop caring about his opponents. He doesn't have to have utter comptempt for them like Nadal but he does need to stop crying. He needs to embrace his dark side and become Darth Federer.

federerdomination 03-21-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VivalaVida (Post 3236635)
Yawn! The guy loses one match and he is down the gutter :rolleyes: Let me know when Roger starts to lose during the first week of all majors. Next!

Exaxtly. Fed is still getting very far in the majors and more consistently that bascially everyone else on tour. If Fed loses early at a couple majors in a row, then ur point has more validity.

icedevil0289 03-21-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okazaki Fragment (Post 3236651)
Nah. The guy's problem is that he has too much empathy. Look at what happened today. He was about to take control of the match until Murray had a bad spill. Didn't win a game after that.

Federer needs to stop caring about his opponents. He doesn't have to have utter comptempt for them like Nadal but he does need to stop crying. He needs to embrace his dark side and become Darth Federer.

Fully agree!!!

T1000 03-21-2009 07:30 PM

FAIL. Fed consistently goes deep in tournaments and never goes out early. when he starts losing first and second rounds to nobodies then he should reitre.

Inner Game 03-21-2009 07:31 PM

I love Roger....but the old Roger was much tougher mentally! He wasn't Mr. nice guy....He was a mean SOB....He kicked butt....he threw racquets when he missed easy shots and actually had some fire in his belly....
Now he's to soft....too contented....nothing wrong with that....but unless he gets that mean streak back he's done...I guess a couple of hundred million dollars would make anyone content...

luckyboy1300 03-21-2009 07:32 PM

federer needs to fix his backhand! ASAP! it's what letting him down and what will let him down more in the future.

S H O W S T O P P E R ! 03-21-2009 07:52 PM

[IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/SLASH_N_DASH/*********S.jpg[/IMG]

I'm done for today.

BONZO13 03-21-2009 08:10 PM

.........You people arent even worth my time to tell you why you are so terribly wrong.

oneguy21 03-21-2009 08:10 PM

There is no reason for him to retire when he's inside the top 3.

JStar7 03-21-2009 08:26 PM

cut this guy a friggin break....he just came off of injury and made it to the semi finals of an ATP 1000 event...what more can u expect?....

samster 03-21-2009 08:30 PM

I saw today's match with Fed/Murray. Fed has lost the mental toughness and confidence (at least at this time). We all know in tennis, confidence and mental toughness are important to win close matches. These two things are what Fed is lacking right now.

kimbahpnam 03-21-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S H O W S T O P P E R ! (Post 3236780)
[IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/SLASH_N_DASH/*********S.jpg[/IMG]

I'm done for today.

LOL.........

Mungo73 03-21-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1000 (Post 3236693)
FAIL. Fed consistently goes deep in tournaments and never goes out early. when he starts losing first and second rounds to nobodies then he should reitre.

then he should have retired last year :twisted:

hotseat 03-21-2009 09:02 PM

so when murray beats nadal tomorrow are we going to debate how nadal should retire too?

egn 03-21-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mungo73 (Post 3237108)
then he should have retired last year :twisted:

Count the ammount of tournaments he went out to nobodies..Doha..unless you want so Karlovic or Simon was a nobody..Simon was top 10 last year Karlovic I guess you can say he should have won but he wasn't some ranked 80 guy. He went out early in noteven half the tournaments he played. Not even a third.. I think it was 4 out of 19 in total and one was to a rising top player who would beat both number 1s of last year.