Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Nike Stuff+ (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=2576)

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 04-04-2004 09:29 PM

New Nike Stuff+

Incase anyone missed it, the new Nike stuff is in. Barely seems to be anything new. Only new stuff is the Global Subliminated Top, Global Sphere Polo, Global Tie-Break shorts, and Global Advantage Polo. Not much added. I wanted to get a yellow top for the heck of it, but none of these are really cutting it for me. The Global advantage polo is funky too, not a real polo really, looks more like a biker top or something. The new shorts are extra long though, 8 inch inseem. The sphere polo looks pretty good though, gotta admit, but I already like have all those colors, so no real point. When is the green gonna come back.....

david aames 04-04-2004 09:53 PM

It's not the whole thing I'm afraid. The stuff you will see on the tour is not in yet. The T-Shirts are missing as well

jun 04-05-2004 03:37 AM

I have been really disappointed with Nike clothing line over past 2 ~3 years or so. I only like few of their products now.

I used to love Nike line from 1998~2000....I should have never sold mine...

James Brown 04-05-2004 04:03 AM

blah.....wheres the poly polos??!?! shirts suck, more polos goddamit. Dissapointing line. I like the vapors though.. :>

Foo4Everlong 04-05-2004 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: david aames
Quote:

It's not the whole thing I'm afraid. The stuff you will see on the tour is not in yet. The T-Shirts are missing as well
Actually most of the stuff that will be on tour is mostly there. I have the catalog where al this stuff came from and MOST of the stuff is there, but you're right, not all. Basically all the items are there, but there are just a few colors that are missing. For theGlobal Sublimated Top the grey and black version is missing. The Sphere Sleeveless and the Global Advantage Polo are missing the new "Photo Blue" color. The Global Tie Break Short has three different shorts, two shorts are white but the top elastic part have different colors. One is black, one is photo blue, and the last is a black short with a white top elastic band. These Tie Break shorts are shown with the Global Advantage Polo, so I'm assuming that they are supposed to be a pair. The only other main things that I see are missing are the Dri-Fit Mesh Shorts, which by the way look really cool (Pardon the pun). They have a 9" inseam and they are shown with all of the other practice shirts. The long- sleeves and the shorts sleeves. The other shirts that have been completely omitted so far are the Dri-Fit Practice Sleeveless. They are in the exact same colors as the Practice Top's (short sleeves). The only color that has been added to the practice tops and sleeveless is the photo blue and bright yellow. It looks like the blue and grey top has been omitted from this as well. Other then that, I'm pretty sure that's it. Later

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 04-05-2004 10:10 AM

There stuff from like Last Wimbledon to the US Open was awesome, then after that, kinda died. The sphere top (one stripe front and one back that everyone wears) is awesome, but that is about it.

Foo4Everlong 04-05-2004 11:11 AM

Yes, I love the Sphere Top as well, I have almost all the colors except for the Grey/Black one. Out of all the t-shirt style shirts that Nike has put out, those are definitely the best ones. They are definitely better than the ones that are out for the Summer. These new ones seem too boring.
I agree, the US Open stuff was some of the best I can remember. The only thing I wasn't crazy about were the tops that Andre, and Lleyton were wearing. The Zoned Engineered Tops that are in liquidation right now I wasn't that crazy about, even though I have them. They are good as practice shirts, but I don't think they look good for match play. Too plain. I thought the Zoned Engineered Polo that Andre wore at the year end Master Series event in Houston was much better and thought he should have worn that at the Open. Oh well. But all in all, the apparel and shoes (Breathe Frees) were the best tennis stuff that was out in a while. Although, I did like the apparel that was out at the previous 2002 Wimbledon/US Open. That stuff was good as well. Wait until July when the next stuff comes out. OMG! You'll blow your mind. I've seen the new stuff that comes out for the US Open and after. It looks amazing! The sleeveless are going to change, as well as the design to all the polos and tops. The Nike Swoosh is going to be up towards the right shoulder, instead of on the chest. It all looks awesome. Maybe the best out yet! Later

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 04-05-2004 11:46 AM

I know, I saw some of it on that www.nike.net stuff that we all got access too, and some of it does look good. But my all-time favorite is still that polo that a lot of dudes (Federer mainly) were wearing around the Open last year. The one with the single stripe on the front and back that kind of looped around. They had it in Sky blue, maroon, black, white, and white w/ orange. I have the blue and black, but I want the red bad.

BreakPoint 04-05-2004 12:58 PM

PCMD, I think that Nike shirt with the curved stripe around the front and back also came in a grey with white stripe, like Federer wore exclusively at the Master's Cup in Houston at the end of last year. I really like that one but I think everyone is already sold out of it (haven't seen it on clearance anywhere). Mardy Fish also wore the sky blue and white ones a lot last year. I have the sky blue and maroon ones that are still unworn with the tags still on them, but I think I'll keep them for now (unless someone makes me an outrageous offer for them, of course). :D :shock:

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 04-05-2004 01:33 PM

Oh ya break, the grey was the one I like wanted the most too. I want a grey one so badly..... Do you know what the shirts name was?

Brian Purdie 04-05-2004 03:40 PM

From the catalog, the colors get a bit more interesting towards the end of the year, but the styles don't. More printed designs would do some good. Seems like Nike is a year and a half behind all other fashion. You know those t-shirts they had at the Gap and Old Navy and everywhere a year ago that look like Travel Destination sites: California, Maine, San Francisco... NIke is making their own Melbourne, Paris, London, & New york travel shirts. Too little, too late. Give us some PURPLE!

david aames 04-05-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureCarlosMoyaDrive
But my all-time favorite is still that polo that a lot of dudes (Federer mainly) were wearing around the Open last year. The one with the single stripe on the front and back that kind of looped around. They had it in Sky blue, maroon, black, white, and white w/ orange. I have the blue and black, but I want the red bad.

It was a nice design indeed but also a very uncomfortable shirt. The fabric is just very thick and synthetic. I went from that to the sleeveless sphere style and there is no turning back as far as I'm concerned. The red one with a white dri fit short is just a dream to play with. Plus you feel forced to spend more time working on your arms fitness with those sleeveless shirts. Ha!

James Brown 04-05-2004 09:58 PM

david, are you nuts? Its really comfortable! Nothing better than polos made of poly. Like the new ones that came out a bit ago (a bit too shiny for my taste :> but i like the red one that i got).

I only have the burgandy sphere top, like I said before, id kill for the sky blue. anyone know where I can snag one?

swift 04-07-2004 04:58 PM

Are there going to be also some new warm-ups and jackets from NIKE for the Summer line?

Matt H. 04-12-2004 10:53 PM

sorry, but the best Nike polo was back in 2002, the barrier reef polo. That thing was awesome. :twisted:

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 04-13-2004 05:09 PM

Got any pictures matt?

Matt H. 04-13-2004 05:38 PM

it was available in red, white, and black.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 04-13-2004 07:25 PM

That looks nice. That one I mentioned though I still think is better.