Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Head Pro Tour 630 & Radical Tour? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259662)

jetlee2k 05-05-2009 09:30 PM

Head Pro Tour 630 & Radical Tour?

I am cleaning up my mid plus frames and I saw some interesting stuff.. I have a few Head Radical Tour which look identical to PRO Tour so I CAP them all up and weight.. here are some pictures

The CAP radical Tour & PT630 CAP weight about 320g (no leather grip, no string). Put on string and leather grip, dampener it weight up to 350g.

I took them both out for a spin and quite to my surprise both play alot & alot better with the CAP on.. Very stable ground strokes & solid in the volleys.. I felt both are identical in term of playing and feel.. so is that Radical Tour just difference name or the ones I have just a paint job of the actuall PT630.. I will show the overlay pictures of both next..

jetlee2k 05-05-2009 09:31 PM

here are the overlay picture of both racquet

jayserinos99 05-05-2009 09:41 PM

They're based off the same mold. I CAPped a Radical Tour/Trisys 260 and because of the balance (closer to even at 4-5pt HL), it felt loggish for me to swing. Great plowthrough though. IMO they're different because the 260 is a bit stiffer/solid? than the PT630. There's a flex with the PT630 that the 260 doesn't have as much.

jetlee2k 05-05-2009 09:47 PM

so the difference is the balance? and the stiffness.. I got to check it on the court tomorrow and see.. May be that's the difference..

jayserinos99 05-05-2009 10:01 PM

IMO balance is one of the biggest differences. I'm not the expert here, but although both are made with Graphite/Twaron composition, it may be in different quantities and different layups to change the stiffness and playing characteristics as well.

Peter Szucs 05-06-2009 12:34 AM

The Radical Tour has very similar very rich feel, its lighter with less hl balance and stiffer.. overall very similar output with regards to solidity, stability and power.

dr325i 05-07-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlee2k (Post 3392219)
so the difference is the balance? and the stiffness.. I got to check it on the court tomorrow and see.. May be that's the difference..

Hey, what is the difference between the two PT630's you have?
In the last picture (stacked up) I have the last one (bottom) -- what is different about the one above except for the graphics?

Thanks!

vsbabolat 05-07-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlee2k (Post 3392192)
I am cleaning up my mid plus frames and I saw some interesting stuff.. I have a few Head Radical Tour which look identical to PRO Tour so I CAP them all up and weight.. here are some pictures

The CAP radical Tour & PT630 CAP weight about 320g (no leather grip, no string). Put on string and leather grip, dampener it weight up to 350g.

I took them both out for a spin and quite to my surprise both play alot & alot better with the CAP on.. Very stable ground strokes & solid in the volleys.. I felt both are identical in term of playing and feel.. so is that Radical Tour just difference name or the ones I have just a paint job of the actuall PT630.. I will show the overlay pictures of both next..

Yeah the Pro Tour 630, Radical Tour 630, and Radical Tour TwinTube 630 both cosmetics all used the same molds. In 1999 with the Ti.Radical MP is when the Radical MP mold changed.

I found the yellow and black Radical Tour 630 to be stiffer than the Pro Tour 630.

Bud 05-07-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlee2k (Post 3392192)

You didn't know previously it's basically the same frame? They also play similarly.

dr325i 05-08-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3396637)
Hey, what is the difference between the two PT630's you have?
In the last picture (stacked up) I have the last one (bottom) -- what is different about the one above except for the graphics?

Thanks!

Anyone???????

jetlee2k 05-08-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3398452)
Anyone???????

huh?? vsbabolat/bud already answered it.. It plays very close to eacher other.. I felt the same too.. The ones that I have are almost identical in term of weight. 320g unstrung with no grip.. one of the Radical Tour that I have even weight 325g (may be the QC)... so the Radical Tour that i have is not lighter than the PT630.. By looking at Djokovic actual playing racquet, the mold very very similar to the radical tour.. So he may use the old stick Radical Tour under new painjob speed pro.. Who cares .. !!.. These PJs and speculation just turn me off.. I am heading to the clus and rip some balls now..

tandayu 05-08-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3398452)
Anyone???????

Many production variations...

Some with the bumper guard (trek font) has same weight or heavier than the one with full cap version.

Just enjoy what you have and customize it according to your preference

seb23 08-20-2012 04:40 PM

Is the radical tour more polarized than the pro tour? On the tennis warehouse racket finder it says that the radical tour weighs 346g when strung, had a swingweight of 339 and is 7 points head light compared to 340g for the pro tour, a SW of 327 and 6 points head light

Most people seem to say that they are pretty much the same racket apart from the flex but surely the specs say different

t135 08-20-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seb23 (Post 6821826)
Is the radical tour more polarized than the pro tour? On the tennis warehouse racket finder it says that the radical tour weighs 346g when strung, had a swingweight of 339 and is 7 points head light compared to 340g for the pro tour, a SW of 327 and 6 points head light

Most people seem to say that they are pretty much the same racket apart from the flex but surely the specs say different

I played with both of them when I was younger. The 260 had more power than the 280, and had a more head heavy balance. This was the originals made in Austria during the first couple years of production. I had always wished there was a racquet model in between them. The satellite tour twin tube was a fair compromise of sorts.

Wish I had a couple of them now to hit with for fun.

seb23 08-21-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t135 (Post 6822110)
I played with both of them when I was younger. The 260 had more power than the 280, and had a more head heavy balance. This was the originals made in Austria during the first couple years of production. I had always wished there was a racquet model in between them. The satellite tour twin tube was a fair compromise of sorts.

Wish I had a couple of them now to hit with for fun.

Thanks, what I was trying to get at is even though the radical tour is more head light it has a higher swing weight suggesting that it has more weight at each end of the racket compared to the pro tour and therefore being more polarized. Would this male it a better choice for people looking to hit with more spin and the pro tour perhaps being better for all round players?

Long Face 08-21-2012 06:37 PM

I have both and play with them from time to time, for "hitting sessions" without keeping score. The Radical Tour is more stiff for sure.

badmice2 08-21-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandayu (Post 3399026)
Many production variations...

Some with the bumper guard (trek font) has same weight or heavier than the one with full cap version.

Just enjoy what you have and customize it according to your preference

From my understanding trek fonts are older.

seb23 08-22-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long Face (Post 6824284)
I have both and play with them from time to time, for "hitting sessions" without keeping score. The Radical Tour is more stiff for sure.

Yeah i recently acquired both and although I havent been able to play with the pro tour enough or with my usual strings I think I prefer the racical as the balance seems a bit better for me personally. Hopefully soon i will get to try them with the same strings and tension

PKfan1 09-04-2012 06:44 AM

do prestige 98 caps fit the radical tour 260 (bumble bee)?

vsbabolat 09-04-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKfan1 (Post 6863249)
do prestige 98 caps fit the radical tour 260 (bumble bee)?

Yes..........................