Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Question for Chris (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259873)

srvnvly 05-07-2009 05:16 AM

Question for Chris

Will you please give a brief take on the Head Speed MP vs the Head MG Radical Pro? thanks

TW Staff 05-07-2009 07:40 AM

Wait for the YouTek Radical Pro. Blows them both off the court!

I'm hitting with Granville later today, I'll grab both the MG Radical Pro and Speed MP and hit them side by side as it's been awhile since I hit the MG Radical Pro.

Chris, TW.

Grover Sparkman 05-07-2009 08:06 AM

When does the YouTek Radical Pro release?

TW Staff 05-07-2009 08:10 AM

Due in stock mid June.

Chris, TW

srvnvly 05-07-2009 08:13 AM

Thanks, Chris! Now I'm hyper-anxious for the new Radical Pro, but will definitely wait to demo all.

Shangri La 05-07-2009 11:14 AM

I assume the YouTek Radical Pro specs are very close to the MG Radical Pro?

TW Staff 05-07-2009 04:29 PM

We have not put the new Radical Pro on the RDC yet to measure specs.

The Feel of the MG Radical Pro is a tad firmer then the YouTek Speed MP. The Pro version has a more similar, solid yet firm response. The Speed MP felt a tad softer to me, but the level of power/control was similar. Both impress me off the ground but for different reasons. The MG Radical Pro has some really nice plough through and I get some great penetration on my shots with that stick. The Speed MP offers slightly more feel and I can judge the depth of my shots with it immediately. The MG Radical Pro doesn't offer me quite that instant sense of being dialed in and takes me a few shots to guage. With the Speed MP, I feel dialed in from the first shot.

Both great sticks and you should demo them side by side as this is going to come down to feel as the differences are small.

And yes, that YouTek Radical Pro still impresses me more.

Chris, TW

dantespark33 05-07-2009 06:24 PM

i'm excited for the reviews now, i'm guessing the speed will be reviewed before the radicals?

srvnvly 05-07-2009 06:53 PM

thanks for the info Chris; I am curious about the swingweight, power level and plow-thru of the new Rad Pro

babolatPDstandard 05-12-2009 02:07 AM

Chris can you please let us know the specs once you have put the youtek radical pro on the RDC?

Cheers

TW Staff 05-12-2009 10:05 AM

On further thought, we only have one hitter at this time. I would not be comfortable posting, and therefore publishing, a spec based on one stick.

Chris, TW

Murray_fan1 05-12-2009 11:00 AM

Chris,

I see TW is carrying a new polyfibre offering. Since you have spoken many times on how good TCS is, I was wondering about your thoughts on the new string. What does it compare to?

TW Staff 05-12-2009 03:26 PM

Polyfibre claims it is their softest offering, but we've found TCS to feel softer in play. Viper holds tension better than TCS and is pretty soft feeling itself. Spin production is very good, but for me not on par with TCS 16.

I need to hit Viper again to give you more info as it wsa several months ago that I tested it. However, it did get a unanimous thumbs up from our testers here before we brought it in.

Chris, TW

srvnvly 05-12-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 3411307)
On further thought, we only have one hitter at this time. I would not be comfortable posting, and therefore publishing, a spec based on one stick.

Chris, TW

I resisted asking for your opinion, as I get your refraining from setting potentially false expectations - do you know approximately when you will put up specs? thanks again for your help!

TW Staff 05-13-2009 11:55 AM

Not sure at this time. When we get more hitters we will have an idea of a true spec, but no ETA on those at this time.

Chris, TW

Murray_fan1 05-16-2009 07:25 PM

Chris,

Given all the sticks you and the gang have playtested this year which one stands out as the favorite thus far.

TW Staff 05-16-2009 08:23 PM

My top picks so far this year are:
Prince Rebel
HEAD YouTek Radical Pro
Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus GT
Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200

The KPro Staff 88 was a lot of fun to hit with also, but not a stick for me.

Chris, TW

Murray_fan1 05-19-2009 03:17 PM

Chris,

Have you play tested Weiss Cannon's latest strings turbo twist and 6 star? Any plans to bring to TW?

Mark

ironmantennis 05-23-2009 05:57 PM

Question for Chris on bb pro

Chris, have a bb pro how can i get more pop on the serve? lead tape at 2 and 10?if sohow much.....also how does it compare tpyou tek rad pro? from the baseline...look forward to hearing thanks

Chopin 05-23-2009 09:15 PM

Let's give Chris a big round of applause! Seriously, it's nice that TW is such a great site and features such great staff.