Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   kirbster123 - has been unresponsive after I sent out my racket (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=262027)

at182 05-18-2009 03:54 PM

kirbster123 - has been unresponsive after I sent out my racket

I haven't ever had a problem dealing with anyone on the TT forums and this is my first time having to do this. :shock:

But kirbster123 - agreed to a trade with me.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259105

for a N61 16x18 - 4 3/8 racket.

He confirmed the trade on 10th of May. I sent the racket out on the 11th of May with a scanned copy of the receipt sent.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/387530/receipt.pdf

I followed him up on the 13th of May just confirming he's sent the racket, I waited three days for a reply and again I followed him up on the 16th.

He was ultra responsive when communicating about what my racket was like - response time was within hours. But ever since my racket was sent I have not had a single reply.

Now I like to give people the benefit of the doubt maybe he's been away but the fact is he has been active on these forums, in my mind is either I am missing something or something is seriously wrong.... :mad:

kirbster123
Last Activity: Today 09:33 AM
Viewing Thread need a cheap alu alternative @ 09:33 AM

and posting on the 17/5 and also 15/5.

at182 05-18-2009 08:07 PM

I know, the problem I have is he hasn't even confirmed whether he has sent the package, even when I have asked him twice just to confirm what is happening.... yet he didn't fail to reply when we were discussing the racket turnaround was almost instant. And the fact remain he has been active on these forums yet failed to respond to email when he agreed to a trade which does nothing for my confidence in him as a reliable buyer/seller on these forums.

I will wait another week but I am getting worried...:confused:

Bud 05-18-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdubb23 (Post 3439778)
If you are in Australia and he is not, be patient, international shipping can take weeks. If it has not arrived within another 14 days, post back--then you can worry.

He should still be answering his email, however.

I think the OP was right to post his concerns, here.

Perhaps, if someone sees him actively posting in a forum... they can remind him of this thread ;-)

dr325i 05-19-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdubb23 (Post 3439778)
If you are in Australia and he is not, be patient, international shipping can take weeks. If it has not arrived within another 14 days, post back--then you can worry.

Ahm...I don't think the OP was concerned (at this time) about the shipping time....

Fearsome Forehand 05-19-2009 03:05 PM

Doing an international trade with a high school kid with hardly any references (one of which was bad) is an unacceptable level of risk. There's your trouble.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...ht=kirbster123

Hopefully, you'll get the racket eventually along with a predictably lame excuse (e.g., my dog was sick, I was on vacation, the address was wrong, emails? / what emails?, unexpected non-specific family emergency, etc.)

Not responding to someone's emails and not keeping the other party advised of shipping status is just plain ol' bad behavior. The OP has a legitimate gripe.

at182 05-19-2009 03:52 PM

Well looks like this thread had an impact after all. Thanks guys for all your help.

I also decided to send one more email

-------------------
Hey Kirby,

Mate you are really starting to give me no confidence in your
integrity... please get back to me asap otherwise I will take action.

This is your last chance.
-------------------

This is what I got back not too long after.

-------------------
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been incredibly busy. The racquets were shipped a few days ago and should arrive in 1-2weeks.

Let me know when you get them.

All the best,

Kirby
--------------------

So I'll wait and see.

Should have looked at the feedback from the forums a little more carefully, just a warning for anyone who deals with him in future.

icorp 05-19-2009 03:58 PM

Did he provide a tracking number? Or just another excuse?

at182 05-19-2009 04:05 PM

no tracking number, I'm guessing he's just sent the package via air mail - ems, so I guess I can only hope that he maintains some integrity :rolleyes:

his excuse was he's been really busy.

icorp 05-19-2009 05:06 PM

You will always get a tracking # when you ship overseas airmail. Don't want to falsely accuse him of not shipping but if he has he should have provided that to give you some assurance and avoid any doubts. He had time to reply and should have provided more information than say it was shipped a few days ago. Sounds very vague if you ask me!

tailofdog 05-19-2009 06:32 PM

Not Always

Quote:

Originally Posted by icorp (Post 3443176)
You will always get a tracking # when you ship overseas airmail. Don't want to falsely accuse him of not shipping but if he has he should have provided that to give you some assurance and avoid any doubts. He had time to reply and should have provided more information than say it was shipped a few days ago. Sounds very vague if you ask me!

I have received many racquets from the states and some dont come with tracking NO#. Most due but taking in the circumstances its not helping to ease your concerns

dr325i 05-20-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailofdog (Post 3443441)
I have received many racquets from the states and some dont come with tracking NO#. Most due but taking in the circumstances its not helping to ease your concerns

Exactly (see my feedback for AWESOME reflexace). There was NO tracking number. It took ~10 days for the rackets to reach Florida from Australia.

TO the OP, at this time, I would be patient and wait up to two weeks until pointing to the bad reviews...

fluffy Beaver 05-20-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3444731)
TO the OP, at this time, I would be patient and wait up to two weeks until pointing to the bad reviews...

Wow, do some of you not understand the point of this thread? He's not complaining about how long the racquet is going to take to get to him, it's the fact the seller totally blew him off and ignored his emails. Go trade a racquet and have the other person completely ignore you after you ship out your racquet, doesn't feel too good.

FedererForehand 05-20-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffy Beaver (Post 3444879)
Wow, do some of you not understand the point of this thread? He's not complaining about how long the racquet is going to take to get to him, it's the fact the seller totally blew him off and ignored his emails. Go trade a racquet and have the other person completely ignore you after you ship out your racquet, doesn't feel too good.

Completely agree! OP has ever right to feel slighted in this case...

meowmix 05-21-2009 05:33 PM

While the OP has a legitimate fear, I think that it was a little early for posting this. There is always the chance that the emails were never received, or something happening, and the benefit of doubt is always to be given. As for tracking numbers... I don't always give tracking numbers (I honestly forget... sorry...), but I always follow up. I hope your rackets arrive.

at182 05-21-2009 05:57 PM

meowmix, appreciate your comments. Keep in mind I did try to reach kirbster123 at least three time before positing this and left about 8 days before deciding to post - the fact that he was very responsive when we were communicating the deal and in confirming the deal but drops out of communication straight after I send the racket is what I believe to be bad practice. And what's more the fact the the guy is active and posting on the TT forums tells me he's still online, the least he could have done was send me an email reply telling me he was having trouble sending it?

It took a post here and a threatening email to command a response with the excuse of 'been busy'.

Azzurri 05-22-2009 04:25 AM

I would not deal with Kirby. I had dealings with him and he is not reliable. He just flat out lies. I left a refrence for him a while back.

In fact, after I left a refrence, he contacted me about some items I had for sale and I can't remember if I ignored him or told him to shove it. Either way I would never deal with him again.

Bud 05-22-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icorp (Post 3442996)
Did he provide a tracking number? Or just another excuse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by at182 (Post 3443016)
no tracking number, I'm guessing he's just sent the package via air mail - ems, so I guess I can only hope that he maintains some integrity :rolleyes:

his excuse was he's been really busy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailofdog (Post 3443441)

You can track the package via the Customs form number. Ask him for that number... on the mandatory Customs form he filled out.

dr325i 05-22-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffy Beaver (Post 3444879)

Now, GO back to post #7, read it carefully, THEN reply...

fluffy Beaver 05-22-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3453432)
Now, GO back to post #7, read it carefully, THEN reply...

ahahaha, you still really don't understand. Post #7 has nothing to do with shipping, it was the OP just looking for a response from Kirby. And it was this thread that got Kirby to respond.........

Geeze, some people just want the last word yet have nothing to back it up.

dr325i 05-23-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffy Beaver (Post 3454099)
ahahaha, you still really don't understand. Post #7 has nothing to do with shipping, it was the OP just looking for a response from Kirby. And it was this thread that got Kirby to respond.........

Geeze, some people just want the last word yet have nothing to back it up.

OK, lets do it step by step:
1) They made a deal, Kirby did not respond. THe OP started the thread.
2) This thread (up till #7 post) made Kirby respond finally, which the OP shared with us in the post #7.
Anything before post 7 holds your initial argument.

3) In post #7, we see that the racket was shipped as Kirby responded
4) My response - post#12 talks about the shipping, since in #7 appears that Kirby shipped the racket
5) you, on the other hand, still think that the racket was NOT shipped and that the OP is concerned about the correspondence rather than the tracking number and shipping time.

Initial point WAS that the seller ignored him, everything after the post #7 is NOT about it any more...shown in OP's post #9

Next time, let me know, I can draw it for you...