Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Clay Court tennis in Riverside, CA (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=262225)

Rob_C 05-19-2009 03:08 PM

Clay Court tennis in Riverside, CA

Riverside County just recently opened a new park, including a 10 court tennis center, including 1 Har-Tru clay court.

I'm down in SoCal once or twice a month, I'm rated 5.0 according to the USTA computer, but I mostly play Opens.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to get on the clay courts for hitting, drilling or matches.

I'll include a link to their website.

http://www.andulkatennis.com/

onehandbh 05-19-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_C (Post 3442861)
Riverside County just recently opened a new park, including a 10 court tennis center, including 1 Har-Tru clay court.

I'm down in SoCal once or twice a month, I'm rated 5.0 according to the USTA computer, but I mostly play Opens.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to get on the clay courts for hitting, drilling or matches.

Are you ever in LA? There are some clay courts at the
Burbank tennis center. There are some other people
in LA, like 35ft6, dnshade, etc. that might be down for hitting at the
clay courts. Not sure what they are. Har-tru? They are
gray and things slide on them.

DNShade 05-19-2009 04:02 PM

Rob - if you are in the LA area as opposed to the Riverside area and want to hit on clay - we can do that. As onehand said - Burbank has two Har-Tru clay courts and is a lot closer than Riverside for me. Feel free to email me - dnshade@yahoo.com

I guess it just depends on where you are in SoCal.

Rob_C 05-19-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNShade (Post 3443008)
Rob - if you are in the LA area as opposed to the Riverside area and want to hit on clay - we can do that. As onehand said - Burbank has two Har-Tru clay courts and is a lot closer than Riverside for me. Feel free to email me - dnshade@yahoo.com

I guess it just depends on where you are in SoCal.

Ive played at Burbank a couple times before, years ago, when Agenor had an academy there. The courts werent in great condition, a little over watered in my opinion. But, its still clay.

Having said all that, schedule willing, I'd be willing to meet up. Most of the time I'm down I'm in a tourney, so I'd have to work around that.

Later

DNShade 05-19-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_C (Post 3443053)
Ive played at Burbank a couple times before, years ago, when Agenor had an academy there. The courts werent in great condition, a little over watered in my opinion. But, its still clay.

Having said all that, schedule willing, I'd be willing to meet up. Most of the time I'm down I'm in a tourney, so I'd have to work around that.

Later

I think the whole place is been give a big face-lift since then. Everything looks to be in quite nice shape the last time I was there recently. Looked like the clay was in tip top shape when I saw it.

Just let me know the next time you are down this way and we'll see what we can arrange.

ODYSSEY Mk.4 05-19-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_C (Post 3442861)

awesome its only a 15min drive i think ill head out right after my finals in the morning think for the heads up

Joeyg 05-21-2009 08:13 AM

Hey you guys! Fedace is in San Diego. Perhaps you can get together with the mystery man and tell all of us mere mortals tales of his "massive topspin".

You might try and lure him into playing by promising him access to some hot, smelly blondes.

ODYSSEY Mk.4 05-21-2009 01:35 PM

just went buy to day to check it out courts are really nice (well they are new..) think im going to sign up, anyone else around there?

aceyou 08-19-2009 10:06 AM

wish i lived in the area. my area needs a new facility with new courts.

btw, if you're in the upland area, they have one clay court (har tru) and lots of players there.

Carlito 08-19-2009 10:11 AM

I play at both Upland and Riverside clubs. If any one wants to play on the clay some time, let me know.

PlayTheClay 05-26-2010 07:07 AM

The Racquet Club of Irvine also has clay courts. 5 I think.

a10best 06-04-2010 06:34 AM

I'll be around there in late June; Irvine or Riverside ..solid 4.5; lower 5.0.
(played 5.0 tournaments years ago (made 2 or 3 rounds); played 1 or 2 Open divisions in SoCal; I had ez losses in 1st round.

a10best 07-06-2010 06:22 PM

hey, I am up for playing,,
I am in the area for 2 months or so...I prefer clay.
I am in OC but will go to Burbank or Riverside..
Friday afternoons or weekends

Thanks

cluckcluck 07-07-2010 09:47 AM

I live in Corona, not too far from Andaluka park (Played a USTA tourney there last year), I'm up for some clay court tennis. I've never played on clay but would love to try it out. I'm available in the evenings any day of the week or any time on the weekends.
Let me know.

Oh and if any of you live in the Corona area and want to hit on a regular basis let me know.

ph0n33z 07-21-2010 10:07 AM

Anyone know of any clay or grass courts south of Riverside? I'm in Temecula and it seems we only gave hard courts as far as Google Earth can see....

xFullCourtTenniSx 07-21-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onehandbh (Post 3442950)
Are you ever in LA? There are some clay courts at the
Burbank tennis center. There are some other people
in LA, like 35ft6, dnshade, etc. that might be down for hitting at the
clay courts. Not sure what they are. Har-tru? They are
gray and things slide on them.

I don't really feel like I can slide on those courts... Idk... I'm not a slider I guess... I want to try European red clay. I want a slow surface that sends the ball flying high.

Fifth Set 07-22-2010 12:20 PM

Wow, that facility looks outstanding. Congrats to you locals who get to enjoy it regularly.

Web-site isn't clear if it's government owned/run or private. Pretty impressive if a local government could pull this off in these economic times. Actually, pretty impressive either way!

Rob_C 07-26-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0n33z (Post 4885112)
Anyone know of any clay or grass courts south of Riverside? I'm in Temecula and it seems we only gave hard courts as far as Google Earth can see....

There used to be some clay courts in Murietta at Bear Creek. They used to have a pretty good clay court tourney years back, the courts should still be there.

siata94 08-13-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayTheClay (Post 4689361)
The Racquet Club of Irvine also has clay courts. 5 I think.

RCI is members-only altho members can bring in guests at $15 per.

6 Hartru courts altho I've never played on them.

siata94 08-13-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a10best (Post 4845527)
hey, I am up for playing,,
I am in the area for 2 months or so...I prefer clay.
I am in OC but will go to Burbank or Riverside..
Friday afternoons or weekends

Thanks

Are you still in OC, if so, where?