Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nadal v. Soderling - 4th Round (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=264069)

bluetrain4 05-29-2009 12:00 PM

Nadal v. Soderling - 4th Round
 
I'm betting on Nadal, but I think Soderling could make it interesting for a while (if he starts out well). He has the sort of big game to hurt Nadal and has the go-for-it attitude necessary for someone who can't outgrind Nadal.

I doubt he'll engage Nadal much in long rallies. If he's "on" it could be a fun contrast in styles. Then again if he's "off" and/or gets frustrated early, Nadal could run away with it.

ksbh 05-29-2009 12:03 PM

Regardless of what game Soderling brings, Nadal in 3 easy sets.

TennisandMusic 05-29-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluetrain4 (Post 3480259)
I'm betting on Nadal, but I think Soderling could make it interesting for a while (if he starts out well). He has the sort of big game to hurt Nadal and has the go-for-it attitude necessary for someone who can't outgrind Nadal.

I doubt he'll engage Nadal much in long rallies. If he's "on" it could be a fun contrast in styles. Then again if he's "off" and/or gets frustrated early, Nadal could run away with it.

Nadal won their last match a few weeks ago on clay 6-1, 6-0. That probably says it all. Or most of it.

matchmaker 05-29-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisandMusic (Post 3480269)
Nadal won their last match a few weeks ago on clay 6-1, 6-0. That probably says it all. Or most of it.

That was a revenge by Nadal for what happened at Wimbledon some time ago.

I am sure Soderling will have the same feelings of revenge for their last match, so Nadal will have to pay attention.

It is going to be an interesting match to gauge if Nadal is really getting close to his top clay court level. If so, he should win losing no more than 2 or 3 games per set. If he still struggles the match will be tighter.

drakulie 05-29-2009 12:14 PM

Nadal in 4.

6-4, 5-7, 6-3, 6-1

bluetrain4 05-29-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisandMusic (Post 3480269)
Nadal won their last match a few weeks ago on clay 6-1, 6-0. That probably says it all. Or most of it.

I didn't know that.

Like I said, I fully expect Nadal to win, but I think Soderling could bash his was to an "interesting" set.

rubberduckies 05-29-2009 12:22 PM

Nadal needs to step it up and start dishing out some bagels.

He is way behind his 2008 pace and stands almost no chance of threatening Borg's dominance.

P_Agony 05-29-2009 12:27 PM

Soderling will win 3 games total. It'll be 6-1, 6-2, 6-0 Nadal.

bolo 05-29-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberduckies (Post 3480323)
Nadal needs to step it up and start dishing out some bagels.

He is way behind his 2008 pace and stands almost no chance of threatening Borg's dominance.

a little disappointing really, but maybe he will make up for it in the SF this year. :)

shadows 05-29-2009 12:44 PM

Soderling seems to be in good form but he'll get obliterated by Rafa.

bruce38 05-29-2009 12:44 PM

Nadal fairly easily in 3. One set might go to 6-4 IF Soderling serves well.

oneleggedcardinal 05-29-2009 12:57 PM

I also think it will be Nadal in 4.

kafelnikov 05-29-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchmaker (Post 3480300)
That was a revenge by Nadal for what happened at Wimbledon some time ago.

I am sure Soderling will have the same feelings of revenge for their last match, so Nadal will have to pay attention.

It is going to be an interesting match to gauge if Nadal is really getting close to his top clay court level. If so, he should win losing no more than 2 or 3 games per set. If he still struggles the match will be tighter.

Soderling will be after revenge, sure.
But I for one don't think he'll gain anything on that. His psyche isn't strong enough.

thejoe 05-29-2009 01:19 PM

Nadal in straights.

Cesc Fabregas 05-29-2009 01:22 PM

Soderling is a clay court clown Nadal in 3.

BoomerangX 05-29-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 3480303)
Nadal in 4.

6-4, 5-7, 6-3, 6-1

Too close in my opinion.. Some expected Hewitt to give a little challenge to Nadal earlier today and look at what happened. :twisted: (I couldn't watch the match because of school :()

I say Nadal in 3 sets.

bolo 05-29-2009 01:30 PM

Nadal in 3, a little bit harder than hewitt.

Serendipitous 05-29-2009 01:32 PM

I don't think it will be a total bashing like the last time they played, but Nadal will still win pretty comfortably.

Soderling does not have the firepower to threaten Nadal on clay, although he has a great hardcourt game.

In addition, Soderling's serve is not penetrating enough on clay, especially against Nadal.


I predict 6-3 6-2 6-3

kafelnikov 05-29-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesc Fabregas (Post 3480461)
Soderling is a clay court clown Nadal in 3.

A clay court clown? And that makes Ferrer what, a clay court jester?

jeez..

topher.juan 05-29-2009 01:49 PM

Anyone know a good/reputable off-shore betting site? I'd like to put my house on Nadal in 3. Thanks.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse