Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tennis academies in Spain? How much do these cost to go to for the summer? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=269271)

Hrandyrko 06-21-2009 02:34 PM

Tennis academies in Spain? How much do these cost to go to for the summer?
 
:)Howdy yall, I'm thinking about maybe next summer, or during my winter break, going to Spain to train at an academy there, either with a private coach or in a small group. Do any of you know how much this would cost per hour? Or how much a package will be? Thanks! :shock::):twisted:

Claudius 06-21-2009 03:01 PM

Is your goal to become pro?

Hrandyrko 06-21-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 3585053)
Is your goal to become pro?

Yes. However, if you're going to base your answer on this question, please give me information about academies for those who do not wish to become pro. Thanks bro. :)

dincuss 06-22-2009 10:34 AM

Not to be rude/offensive,
But just because some pros moved to Spain and became pros, doesnt mean it will happen to you. Those players literally moved to Spain and lived there. Not just participated in a summer camp.

Anyways it will cost a lot and youll have to pay for food, water, housing etc.

Hrandyrko 06-22-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dincuss (Post 3588399)
Not to be rude/offensive,
But just because some pros moved to Spain and became pros, doesnt mean it will happen to you. Those players literally moved to Spain and lived there. Not just participated in a summer camp.

Anyways it will cost a lot and youll have to pay for food, water, housing etc.

Okay, thank you.

Bagumbawalla 06-22-2009 05:41 PM

This is one of the few resorts that listed some prices.

http://www.tennisholiday.co.uk/la-ma...nnis-fees.html

It will give you an idea.

Bab01At 07-07-2009 10:49 AM

You don't want to go to a big comercial academy like Sanchez Casal or Bruguera...
There's a real nice small academy in Mallorca (Nadal's...all original coaches and fitness trainers still there!) It's in a rural area not too far from the Palma airport.
Prices (all in) are around 800 euros a month, so it's really cheap, but the training is really personal with a relaxed feeling.
The accomodation is pretty cool, 2-3 boys in a room sharing a bathroom, food is in their restaurant and the place has internet! (Rare in mallorca!)
It's called global tennis team. The website is mostly in Spanish, but if you drop them an email, they'll give you all the info you need.

Babs.

ericsson 07-07-2009 11:50 AM

Contact Barca_tennis, he's the man you need! Great guy.

Costagirl 03-30-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrandyrko (Post 3584970)
:)Howdy yall, I'm thinking about maybe next summer, or during my winter break, going to Spain to train at an academy there, either with a private coach or in a small group. Do any of you know how much this would cost per hour? Or how much a package will be? Thanks! :shock::):twisted:

Howdy! What level are you? How intense do you want it to be? Are you looking to compete along with your training? And do you want to board at an academy or simply stay close by?

It's the best idea since slice bread. And well worth it but like anything else...do your homework. Right now Barcelona, Mallorca and Valencia are high on Spain's training academies.

Costagirl 03-30-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bab01At (Post 3666120)
You don't want to go to a big comercial academy like Sanchez Casal or Bruguera...
There's a real nice small academy in Mallorca (Nadal's...all original coaches and fitness trainers still there!) It's in a rural area not too far from the Palma airport.
Prices (all in) are around 800 euros a month, so it's really cheap, but the training is really personal with a relaxed feeling.
The accomodation is pretty cool, 2-3 boys in a room sharing a bathroom, food is in their restaurant and the place has internet! (Rare in mallorca!)
It's called global tennis team. The website is mostly in Spanish, but if you drop them an email, they'll give you all the info you need.

Babs.

Babs....it appears you & I have a lot in common! Excellent choice and maybe one of the the very BEST in Spain. In my humble opinion of course:oops:

pstar 04-03-2013 12:21 PM

tennis alicante-area
 
Do any of you know of a tennis-academy in the alicante-area that offers tennis lessons for adults? I'm interested in 2-3 hours training with a coach daily, staying for 3-4 days last week of april.

Costagirl 04-27-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstar (Post 7323083)
Do any of you know of a tennis-academy in the alicante-area that offers tennis lessons for adults? I'm interested in 2-3 hours training with a coach daily, staying for 3-4 days last week of april.



Yep...Ferrero's place is good and not far from Alicante!

Tennisclint 05-01-2013 12:04 PM

Before head to Spain..... learn some basics about Tennis from the online Tennis videos ...there are some useful websites which will help you in learning these .. some of the best one are **********.com, **********.net, onlinetennisvideolessons.com, tennisvirtualacademt.com etc.....

SportCampTravel 06-05-2013 08:33 PM

Hi Pstar!
I know of some great places in the Alicante area that you can train. If you're still interested, shoot me an email at usacampagent@gmail.com

the cat petter 06-06-2013 02:18 PM

I think Galo Blanco is available...

vvkid 06-19-2013 07:24 AM

anybody went to Elitennis in Gimeno? im planning to bring my 9yr old kid there. how much would it cost me for 8 weeks (intense?) training?

SportCampTravel 06-19-2013 07:34 AM

Hi vvkid!

My fiancÚ used to train there for 2-3 months professionally. You can
Shoot him an email at usacampagent@gmail.com and he can answer all of your questions!

vvkid 06-19-2013 06:07 PM

nice i'll hit em up later. thanks!

GRANITECHIEF 06-20-2013 08:05 AM

Anything up in the Basque Region, Bilbao, Bakio, etc?

atatu 06-20-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cat petter (Post 7480715)
I think Galo Blanco is available...

A blast from the past ! He used to complain so much, they called him "white whine" well, not really I just always liked that joke.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse