Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=2698)

Deuce 04-06-2004 10:52 PM

I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning.

Inkeeping with the growing number of posts in this section which are completely unrelated to tennis, I simply wish to inform everyone that I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning.

Thanks.

strife726 04-07-2004 12:24 AM

Youre welcome :)

Benjamin 04-07-2004 04:05 AM

That's fantastic Deuce!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

But if you're going to do this right, you MUST ask what flavor of oatmeal you should eat BEFORE you post about having actually eaten the oatmeal. Come on man, get with the program!!!

BTW: Eating oatmeal for breakfast, cutting out sweet tea/soft drinks, and running every other day has helped me lose 36 pounds since December 1st. Great way to start the day.

Benjamin

Verbal_Kint 04-07-2004 05:58 AM

Deuce, isn't that why it's called odds & ends?

Marnix

@wright 04-07-2004 06:31 AM

I like Oatmeal stouts. A couple great examples are Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Young's Oatmeal Stout. I've never really been an oatmeal eater, but I used to eat cream of wheat once in awhile for breakfast, and it was pretty tasty.

spam 04-07-2004 06:34 AM

Only 2 things are infinite-Deuce's pseudo -intellectual platitudes and my sore achillies!

only joking mate!

Joe Average 04-07-2004 07:26 AM

Me too. McCann's Quick Cooking. I've eaten Old Wessex and Quaker, but I always return to McCann's: a creamier texture.

Frodo Baggins 04-07-2004 08:06 AM

Deuce:Thats cute very cute. :D This little Hobbit Don't eat breakfast ever.... Just give me a coke or Jolt An I'm a happy Hobbit... 8)

Rabbit 04-07-2004 10:49 AM

Benjamin - how many different oatmeals did you sample before deciding on the Stouts? 8)

@wright 04-07-2004 10:54 AM

Rabbit, I think you are confusing my post with Benjamin's...

Benjamin 04-07-2004 11:07 AM

@wright is correct...you are confused.

I have always been a Quaker Oats instant oatmeal man (even when I was a boy). I currently mix 1 packet of regular flavor with 1 packet of the flavored variety.

Benjamin

topspin 04-07-2004 01:57 PM

Oatmeal sure is yummy, try adding some maply syrup into it. Of course a stack full of pancakes along with eggs and bacon works too:)

Morpheus 04-07-2004 03:28 PM

Topspin: do you tap your own maple syrup? You're a bit north of me and we've got forests full of the stuff! Fresh maple is the only way to go.

Rabbit 04-07-2004 04:38 PM

Well, my eyes musta gotten crossed. I stand corrected. So, Benjamin how many cereals did you go through before you settled on Quaker Oats? 8)

cantaloupe 04-07-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins
Deuce:Thats cute very cute. :D This little Hobbit Don't eat breakfast ever.... Just give me a coke or Jolt An I'm a happy Hobbit... 8)

OMG Jolt fore breakfast?!?!?!?! maybe thats why all u hobbits are so messed up j/k.

Funny u mentioned coke, at the tour de france some of the athletes were drinking CokeCola (...while riding on the bike!!!!), should bode well for the stomach :wink:

topspin 04-07-2004 08:30 PM

lol Morpheus, funny you should say that. A few years ago, my next door neighbor did tap his tree and was getting sap. Too bad kids tipped the bucket over, darn teenagers, lol. Where are you at?

Deuce 04-07-2004 08:31 PM

Marnix - my understanding is that the 'Odds & Ends' section should pertain to tennis. The 'description' of the forum is "Discuss topics that don't fit anywhere else". This, also, suggests that this forum is meant for tennis-related content which doesn't fit into the parameters of any other forum.

It seems inherently clear to me that a message board entitled ‘Talk Tennis’ is meant for discussion on topics which relate to tennis. Imagine for a moment if, on a Led Zep message board, or a Palm Pilot message board, someone put up a post which asked “Which racquet do you think is best – the Tour 90, or the LM Prestige?” I believe it's safe to assume that such a poster would be laughed right off of those boards.

I mean, it's not of earth shattering importance, but, since the implementation of the new board format, I've noticed a decided increase in the number of posts which are completely unrelated to tennis.

This isn't worth a post of its own - but since I'm already in the 'compose' box... Ben - instant oatmeal isn't real oatmeal. The pure, natural, unsweetened stuff is the only real - and healthy - oatmeal.

Phil 04-07-2004 10:25 PM

Actually, Deuce, instant oatmeal IS "real" insomuch as it contains mostly...oatmeal. However, it also contains more suger and fat/ calories than slow-cooking oatmeal, and slightly less fiber. Instant is also healthy, but not as healthy as your slow-cooking oatmeal. Just a slight correction from another oatmeal eater.

Verbal_Kint 04-08-2004 02:28 AM

Deuce, IMO we have a nice community here. We get together based on our collective interest in tennis, bu some of us get a little more from here than just tennis info. For me, it is a view into the US as well.

By the way, I think when you ask: how much lead tape should I put on a ti. radical strung at 25 kilos with lux bb ace? would be laughed away at a palm-forum. However, Anybody play tennis? probably wouldn't.

It seems at least some of the members like to talk about other stuff than just tennis. I don't see a problem with that. In fact, it's something that happens in a lot of online communities. Just like you could end up going to the pub with your tennis mates, or even marrying one of them. :) Things just cross over..

Marnix

Morpheus 04-08-2004 03:50 AM

Over the border (assuming you don't mind getting strip searched), then south to Burlinton, VT. Loads of syrup oozing out of the trees, especially over in Plattsburgh...