Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gamma Supreme Overgrip on Tour (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=270776)

Conquistador 06-28-2009 03:19 PM

Gamma Supreme Overgrip on Tour

This is great stuff. I wouldnt be suprised if a bunch of professionals use this grip. IMO--the best on the market if you want a tacky grip. . This stuff is extrememly durable and holds its tackiness longer than anthing else. Can anyone list the pros using this grip.

OliverSimon 06-28-2009 05:42 PM

It is a great grip and I use it myself but without any players sponsored by gamma and the pros use the grip of the racquet brand they use I don't see any using gamma.

Mdubb23 06-29-2009 04:54 AM

Donald Young.

I honestly think it is a piece of crap though; I sweat a lot, and really can only use Tourna original.

mdjenders 06-29-2009 10:12 AM

also zvonareva

latinking 06-29-2009 10:08 PM

Great overgrip!!!!

galain 06-30-2009 01:54 AM

Better than Supergrap?

featherlight 06-30-2009 02:24 AM

donald young

Mdubb23 06-30-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by featherlight (Post 3626628)
donald young

Post #2.

10 char.

ClubHoUno 07-02-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galain (Post 3626570)
Better than Supergrap?

YES !! 10char

Conquistador 07-02-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubHoUno (Post 3641415)
YES !! 10char

Gamma has some of the best stuff that no one knows about. Once Gamma grows-it could overtake the Yonex's of the world.

フェデラー 07-02-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 3641438)
Gamma has some of the best stuff that no one knows about. Once Gamma grows-it could overtake the Yonex's of the world.

but who uses yonex, like 2 people on the mens and maybe that many on the WTA lol. most peoples contracts most likely can extend to grips. Fed uses wilson grip, nadal babolat, djoko head.or they use tournagrip. if gamma wants to do anything they need money.

BurghKing 07-03-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Gamma is going to have to start paying some legit touring pros to use their stuff before it becomes something bigger than a competitor in the US market. Some of their stuff is nice, but they have no tour presence to add clout to their gear...c'mon, Donald Young and Zvonereva...they will have to do better than that.

Gorecki 07-03-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 3485524)
There are barely any racquets that ive seen being played by the name of Gamma. Can anyone let me know what kind of racquets these are in terms of quality and performance. What about durability? Are there any professionals that use them? I see the racquets for sale on this website--but why is there little known about these racquets.

this is a quote from a thread started BY the OP in 05-31-2009...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 3630322)
I know a lot of people dont know too much about Gamma, but it is very popular here in pittsburgh. The corporate headquarters are in pittsburgh, and it is great to know the company is in my backyard. All of the best players use gamma products in my area. I know a lot of people that use gamma myself. I must say, gamma products are exceptional, durbable, and perform soo well. I recommend gamma products to anyone. Where I hit, they have gamma balls, i was amazed at how long the felt held. They're overgrips are extrordinary and their replacement grips are the gold standard as far as I am concerned. I just wished gamma would become more popular because theyre product is top of the class.

this is one quote from a diferent thread roughly one month later ....

can we give it a rest now?

mary fierce 07-03-2009 06:31 AM

Gamma's overgrip was worthless for me -- a combination of not very tacky and not very absorbent.

Lefty5 07-03-2009 05:39 PM

zvonareva uses Tourna Grip... lol. Nobody in thier right mind, even if paid money would use a gamma grip. Try something, anything else, you will find much better. Gamma crap is some of the lowest quality stuff on the market.

Conquistador 07-03-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty5 (Post 3647167)
zvonareva uses Tourna Grip... lol. Nobody in thier right mind, even if paid money would use a gamma grip. Try something, anything else, you will find much better. Gamma crap is some of the lowest quality stuff on the market.

Zvonareva uses TournaTac, an overgrip ranked below Gamma Supreme in terms of quality durability, and performance.

Brned 07-03-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 3647309)
Zvonareva uses TournaTac, an overgrip ranked below Gamma Supreme in terms of quality durability, and performance.

Yeah, and still she uses it... She is so dumb to use something so inferior in quality durability and performance :rolleyes:

JW10S 07-03-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Conquistador speaks as though Gamma is some new, upstart company. The fact is Gamma has been around for decades--the notion the 'no one knows about' them is absurd. Gamma has been making racquets longer than Babolat or Technifibre yet still gets killed by both of them in the market place. If Gamma has not gotten their ***** together by now they never will. Gamma will always be a niche company. Conquistador speaks of Gamma overtaking Yonex. Considering how small Yonex's market share is that Gamma is still far below them is very telling. I admire Conquistador's blind devotion to Gamma, but's it's too bad he has absolutely nothing to validate it. The fact that Conquistador is continually allowed to make these pro-Gamma posts in the Pro's Gear forum when Gamma is close to nonexistant on the Pro tour is a bit baffling though.

Mansewerz 07-03-2009 08:50 PM

What's the love child of supergrap and tourna original?

Brned 07-03-2009 08:53 PM

TournaTac :)