Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   HELP! advice on eagnas.com (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=27109)

ryanstennis61689 03-25-2005 12:22 PM

HELP! advice on eagnas.com

I am about to order two flying clamps from eagnas.com that are about 30 dollars but i have heard some complaints from here telling bad things about eagnas. What do you think i should do. (cant find a better deal)

msasaki 03-25-2005 12:31 PM

It's hard to know. There have been several folks who have posted here about bad things happening when dealing with Eagnas. There have been folks who have good things to say about Eagnas. I suspect that there are many people who are satisfied with their dealings with Eagnas that don't post here, or elsewhere.

I've been thinking about getting a stringer and waver between Eagnas and others. The price is certainly tempting, but I might regret things if I have a problem.

If I thought I could justify to myself spending more on a stringer, then I would definitely go with the more expensive machine...

So, my advice is to spend more money on another set of clamps if you can afford it. If you can't, take your chances, you probably won't have problems, but don't be surprised if you do have problems.

Good luck.

Gaines Hillix 03-25-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanstennis61689
I am about to order two flying clamps from eagnas.com that are about 30 dollars but i have heard some complaints from here telling bad things about eagnas. What do you think i should do. (cant find a better deal)

I've odered tools from Eagnas before and didn't have any problems with the order. They were of very average quality. Would be a toss up as to what would happen if there were any problems with them.

10usstring 03-25-2005 02:59 PM

Ordered a set of clamps from Eagnas and it took less than a week to get them. I've had no problems with them , clamps or Engnas, so far.

ryanstennis61689 03-25-2005 03:23 PM

thank all of yall very much

fastdunn 03-25-2005 04:39 PM

I've had some Eagnas flying clamps and one of them failed (broken lever handle?)
in about 1 and half year. They did replaced the broken lever(?) part of the clamp
under warranty but did not do a good job of fixing it. I took it apart and fixed it
by myself. The shipping cost was not factor for me because I live near their business.

ryanstennis61689 03-26-2005 06:01 AM

hey fastdunn, did you buy the mid-sized tennis floating clamps?

arodnadal 03-26-2005 06:08 AM

I was wondering after reading this are their stringing machines of good quality because i was looking into buying the Flex 740

ryanstennis61689 03-26-2005 06:29 AM

If you read other posts from people there are many that are not satisfied with maxline machine products. Just read around and talk to people.

Gennady Mamzhi 03-26-2005 08:34 AM

Eagnas Flex 740

I have Flex 920. It costs a little more, but it is much better value than a dropweight 740. Same turntable & clamps. I've had it for 2 years & I don't regret it. It is very consistent and I still don't have to calibrate it. The machine is still pulling true tension. Buy one and you will never regret. Even if something goes wrong and in the worst case you have to buy ANOTHER Eagnas you will spend less money than on Alpha, Prince, Laserfibre e.t.c., however it will not happen - the machine is SOLID.

arodnadal 03-27-2005 10:43 AM

so r u saing that all eagnas machines are good including the flex 740

theace21 03-27-2005 01:14 PM

On this board you will see a lot of bashing of the Eagnas company on lack of support, service, etc. Do a search. I have no first had knowledge. Check their web site on returns, defective equipment.

I looked at both the 740 and the 920 reccomended by Gennady Mamzhi. I agree with him, the stand alone units are much easier to use than a table top...Many of use started with a table top unit, only to upgrade to a stand alone...The price looks great, but remember you always get what you pay for - - - Good Luck

matchpoints 03-27-2005 02:25 PM

It's a gamble. If you get lucky, then you'll get a decent machine. If not then you're scre3ed! It also helps if you live nearby. Nothing like 'in person' complaining. If he was here....ohhhh....man....

Kevo 03-28-2005 02:14 PM

I think you'll have better luck if you take the effort to understand Victor and speak with him over the phone. I made sure to verify the info I cared about when I called, and he did seem a bit perturbed with me going over specs that are on the web site, but I wanted to make sure I got a solid cast turntable and not a sheet metal one. I think I got a decent machine at a good price.

matchpoints 03-28-2005 05:18 PM

I spoke with him on the phone and asked him if it was the same as the Maestro and he said yes. Seriously, do you really think that I'm throwing a fit for no reason? I wrte him at least 5 e-mails. Called him at least 3 times. He wouldn't take care of the situation so then I filed a dispute. Anyhow, you got lucky and I didn't. What I don't understand is that he could've easily sent me the turntable like yours since they're all pretty universal. That would've easily solved the situation.

Kevo 03-29-2005 06:53 AM

No, I don't think you're throwing a fit for no reason. I just related my thoughts and experience on the matter. That's all. I think we've all had situations where we had some trouble with a merchant, and I know it sucks.

Besides I had the benefit of reading your experience on these boards. :-) I read all the descriptions, and the Challenger 1 specifically says cast base and the hyper 480 does not. I asked just to make sure.

In short, I don't mean to offend you or say you did anything wrong. On the contrary, I thank you for posting your experience. It helped me make sure I was getting what I wanted.

fantom 03-29-2005 08:35 AM

Interesting Eagnas info on Silent Partner's website:

http://sptennis.com/Knockoffs/

Ben42 03-31-2005 08:42 AM

Hey! No. 5 about pulling random tension and having to dispute the charge was from my post on Stringforum.net! Cool.

barry 03-31-2005 08:49 AM

fantom

Sometimes knockoffs are better than the originals and often add addtional features!

fantom 03-31-2005 09:48 AM

O..K...

Are you saying that Eagnas makes better quality stringers? Do you have any first hand experience on this?

I have no personal experience w/ Eagnas...just posted the link because of all the bad things being said about them. It was interesting to me that the USRSA De-Listed them.