Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My new Proīs Pro v888 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=271251)

Hankenstein 06-30-2009 11:56 AM

My new Proīs Pro v888

I just got my new Proīs Pro v888 eletronic stringer.

It is extremely heavy and the overall weight is around 50 kgīs.

The quality seems ok and itīs pretty solid.

I strung the first 2 rackets tonight. It went ok to a start but then the string slipped in the Linear ball bearing string gripper and when i should string the 3rd racket with poly the string slipped and i had to abort the stringjob straight away.

Does anyone of you masterstringers have any clue how to adjust and tighten the string gripper? I tried to clean it a bit, but thatīs not the problem. It must be tighter.

Here are the first pics of the machine;

Mansewerz 06-30-2009 12:09 PM

Did it not come with a stand, or did you remove it?

Hankenstein 06-30-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 3628760)
Did it not come with a stand, or did you remove it?

It came with the wood-stand you see on the pic :)

JK; No, they donīt have any stand at the moment. They are working on it they said.

Seems to be very good overall,, if it wasnīt for the slippage in the gripper i would be very satisfied.

Mansewerz 06-30-2009 12:19 PM

What was the price tag?

And have you called pro's pro about it?

Gimmick 06-30-2009 12:19 PM

On my new Eagnas (insert expletives) the bearing races on the linear gripper were painted with an inexpensive black paint that wore away quickly in an irregular pattern that left ridges. These ridges, combined with a few rusty bearings (insert expletives) made the gripper hang-up before clamping fully.

The solution was to tear down the gripper and sand and polish the races and bearings very carefully.

Hankenstein 06-30-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 3628816)
What was the price tag?

And have you called pro's pro about it?

Price tag is 930 euros retail (i have a sport company so i get that price without 25% tax,,,)

Have not callled them as i just noticed this problem like 8 pm today. I sent them an email and wait and see what they say. I will try and clean it (again) but i dont think that is the problem since itīs brand new. Maybe there is some fat, silicone or other stuff from the production... Wonder if i can use a 1000 grit sand paper to make the surface rough ??

Gamma Tech 07-01-2009 04:21 AM

is there an adjustment screw underneath of the tension button?
bret

Hankenstein 07-01-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamma Tech (Post 3631444)
is there an adjustment screw underneath of the tension button?
bret

Will check tonight. I actually thought about the lack of adjustment screws overall on this device. I will check and take a macro pic and see what we have :)

Hankenstein 07-01-2009 11:47 AM

Not many adjustments screws from what i can see. I tried to clean the linear string gripper with acetone free nail polish remover and it seems to help a fair bit, but still sometimes the string slips through the gripper

beernutz 07-01-2009 12:18 PM

Since your stringer is so similar to (a clone of?) the Prince 6000 maybe you could look into how to adjust the linear gripper on that model?

Hankenstein 07-01-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beernutz (Post 3634812)
Since your stringer is so similar to (a clone of?) the Prince 6000 maybe you could look into how to adjust the linear gripper on that model?

And where do i find that info?

jim e 07-01-2009 01:51 PM

My Pro master machine has the same linnear tension clamp. The 2 center plates pull together as tension is pulled. It appies the proper pressure against the string as needed as the clamps will close completely together if no string, therefore I do not believe there is an adjustment as it automatically applies the proper pressure to hold the string, as the 2 center plates will move foward and as it does that it closes together. If it is slipping, then I believe that it needs to be thoroughly cleaned.You may also check to see that the 2 center plates do move freely towards the front, and close together all the way, as that could be binding. You should be able to move those plates easily foward, and they should spring back quickly to the resting position by itself easily as well. I would take the tension plated apart by dissembling them and clean them properly. I always kept mine clean, and so far I have not yet needed to dissemble it, but they always held without slipping to date.I have always cleaned them after 20 or so racquets.I guess preventative maintainance helps.

(Also from looking at your pictures, the 2nd picture the plates do not look evenly parallel, where mine are, maybe it is just the camera angle, but mine are perfectly parallel, yours look narrower towards the front, maybe something in there binding it?)

star 5 15 07-01-2009 02:01 PM

On my old star 4 occasionally I would have a ball bearing or two pop out and that would cause the string to slip everytime so If you know how many bearings are in there and if there visible or not. You may want to check that there all in there. They could have missed one during production.

LttlElvis 07-01-2009 02:15 PM

This may be a stupid question, but do you wrap the string around the diablo or are you just resting it on top of it? I have seen stringers not use the diablo at all because they are afraid of string kinks. When I added a diablo to my Wise, I found out I could use very minimum tension on the plates.

jim e 07-01-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LttlElvis (Post 3635442)
This may be a stupid question, but do you wrap the string around the diablo or are you just resting it on top of it? I have seen stringers not use the diablo at all because they are afraid of string kinks. When I added a diablo to my Wise, I found out I could use very minimum tension on the plates.

With that tension clamp, it should work flawlessly both ways irregardless if diablo use or not. Star5 15 may be right possibly a bearing missing, anyways the slipping should not occur.If it is new, then there should not be a build up as yet, or even need to be cleaned as yet.
Somethig is wrong, he should send the tension head back to the company since it was just purchased.

Mansewerz 07-01-2009 08:55 PM

Well, is Pro's Pro as bad as their American counterparts, Maxline?

Hankenstein 07-01-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 3637077)
Well, is Pro's Pro as bad as their American counterparts, Maxline?

From what i have been informed, Proīs Pro donīt use Lily Lee (eagnas manufacturing plant) anymore. They now use a brand new plant in China instead.

Quote:

I also have a Wise tension head at home with the diablo and i know how to wrap the string around it ;-). I have worked for a long time in a pro shop in both sweden and australia and i have strung on Bab star 3 and 4 for example, but i see your point and from example the wise tension head there was no slippage before i got the diablo.

Quote:

With that tension clamp, it should work flawlessly both ways irregardless if diablo use or not. Star5 15 may be right possibly a bearing missing, anyways the slipping should not occur.If it is new, then there should not be a build up as yet, or even need to be cleaned as yet.
Somethig is wrong, he should send the tension head back to the company since it was just purchased.
It does not go as smooth as on the Wise , but smooth enough. I think i will record a short video tonight on how it looks when the machine pulls the string and the slipping occurs. It actually feels (very) good to string on it when it works. It pulls fast, powerful and the automatic clamps works really well. The only thing i was surprised over was the sound from the machinery (fan) that sounds like a computer. The wise is totally silent. ,, and of course the slipping string that occurs in a totally irregular pattern...

jim e 07-02-2009 07:17 AM

It should not slip at all. Since it is new, then cleaning is not the issue. I cannot understand why you do not contact the place where you purchased it, tell them of the problem, and so possibly you can send back the tension head for a replacement.

Mansewerz 07-02-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim e (Post 3638473)
It should not slip at all. Since it is new, then cleaning is not the issue. I cannot understand why you do not contact the place where you purchased it, tell them of the problem, and so possibly you can send back the tension head for a replacement.

It was 8 pm>>>>>>>place was closed.

beernutz 07-02-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankenstein (Post 3634868)
And where do i find that info?

Ask if someone here has a 6000 manual or search on the net for one? I know for example that TW has the Prince Neos 1000 manual available online since I already downloaded it.