Can someone tell me the more popular Pacific setups on tour? Who is using what?
Gulbis uses plain polyforce 17
the players will most likely use one of three setups:
1. full poly force
2. full tough gut
3. hybrid of tough gut and poly force
Since there are so many of the ATP guys who use Pacific strings, but can't do the 'x' logo due to their racket Mfgs restrictions...most are doing:
1) Poly/Gut Hybrid (17) and about 50/50% as to gut mains or gut crosses
2) Poly Force - 70-30% being 17-ga (70%) and 16L (30%) & full poly set-up's
3) Poly Force Xtreme 1.25 - becoming a really popular string on Tour
4) Poly Soft Pro & either with gut or straight-up, it adds some 'softness' & feel
WTA players are similar to the above but with a huge following using X Force 18-ga - be it 100% or in a hybrid with Pacific gut or another Pacific synthetic
While there are so many ATP/WTA players using Pacific strings, it is difficult to 'track' them all because their racket Mfg's don't allow logos - but us in the 'stringing-caves' know they are..
ATP players: Bellucci, Maximo Gonzalez, Gremelmayer, Greul, Gulbis, Huta Galung, Koellerer, Moodie, Schuettler.
WTA: Cibulkova, Malek, Peer, Rybarikova, Tamasugarn.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:40 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse