Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I'm Racketoholic, please help!!! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=272296)

Tennis Man 07-04-2009 12:38 PM

I'm Racketoholic, please help!!!

Warning: please don't sell me any more racquets for any price. I can't stop.

Over the past 2 months I probably bought over 50 racquets. Thank God I sold some too but this obsession will lead to a disaster. I will have to open a shop soon. :)

I probably don't remember all but here they are:

WILSON
(1) Ultra original
(5) PS 85 St Vincent (2 near mint)
(2) PS 6.1 Classic 95
(2) (K)arbon Black K90
(1) String Graphite
(2) JK Millenium Edition (mint, numbered)

HEAD:
(1) Head AA Competition (original, near mint)
(1) Head Prestige Pro
(1) Head Prestige Pro 600
(1) Head Prestige Pro US (near mint)
(1) Head Prestige Tour 600 (new)
(1) Head Elite Pro
(1) Head Elektra Pro
(2) Head PC 600
(1) Head Graphite Pro
(1) Head Graphite Edge (TXE)
(1) Head Special Edition
(1) Head Turbo Lite Plus
(1) Head Flash Edge
(1) Head PT 280 Austria
(1) Head Graphite Director
(1) Head Premier Tour
(1) Head YouTek Speed Pro

LACOSTE:
(1) the original steel (prototype of T2000)
(1) Equijet 301
(2) Top 341 (mint)

PRO KENNEX:
(2) PK Black Ace 86 (near mint)
(2) PK Black Ace 90

DUNLOP:
(1) MAX 200G Pro
(1) MAX 200G
(1) Grand Slam Ultimate Graphite

ODD RACQUETS:
Snawaert Ergonom original
Yonex OPS 37 (super rare boron)
Le Coq Sportif TS-25

This is my colorful Head/Prestige wall of fame:

VGP 07-04-2009 02:44 PM

You need to quit cold turkey.

Pack up all your frames and ship them away immediately!

I'll kindly provide you with the proper address for their "disposal" and I might even provide the funds for shipping. Consider it my way of showing concern for your mental health.

;)

Dave M 07-04-2009 02:53 PM

I not you've missed the head satellite tour frame from your collection, you can't quit till it' finished surely?!
:twisted:

plasma 07-04-2009 06:44 PM

I too had this same problem, it's a form of ocd. I now need to open a shop as well just to clear the clutter...glad you're honest about it man. Like me it seems that at least you got sweet deals on the frames, that helps somewhat...I guess (???)

Ronaldo 07-04-2009 06:46 PM

Satellite Tour a real honey, need one or two? iPrestige mid or mp? PT 630?

Tennis Man 07-04-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 3650397)
I not you've missed the head satellite tour frame from your collection, you can't quit till it' finished surely?!
:twisted:

Pictures please. I will send my search team out ... :)

Tennis Man 07-04-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGP (Post 3650378)
You need to quit cold turkey.

Pack up all your frames and ship them away immediately!

I'll kindly provide you with the proper address for their "disposal" and I might even provide the funds for shipping. Consider it my way of showing concern for your mental health.

;)

I better send them to my tennis museum than to you VGP. You have fun with your guitars. :)

plasma 07-05-2009 02:54 AM

After I was brutally shamed out of my racquet addiction really good things happened. My life blossomed in several other directions. Now I miss the addiction and fear letting go of the frames. I'll always love tennis racquets, and I'll always be a racquet collector. Just time to move on and put this ocd to work in other ways.
Love,
Plasma

droliver 07-05-2009 06:45 AM

Are there any special racquets you're looking for for your collection?

Dave M 07-05-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis Man (Post 3651183)
Pictures please. I will send my search team out ... :)

I can let you have some pics, i've got 6 siitting here next to me, 4 never used actually......Send me a message if you wanna know what they look like!

RobG 07-05-2009 12:16 PM

I'm the same way... I have four now with a fifth on the way, all Prince:

- Magnesium Pro 110
- Thunder Cloud Titanium 110
- O3 White 100
- Ozone 7 105
- Ozone Tour MP 95 (coming this week)

I'm miffed that my dad gave away my old (original) aluminum Prince Classic that I had waaaay back in high school. I gave it to him after switching to a Pro Kennex of some sort. Then went from that one to a Mag Pro 90, which got destroyed in a move about 15 years ago.

Rob

Tennis Man 07-05-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droliver (Post 3653148)
Are there any special racquets you're looking for for your collection?

Only the ones that I have fun playing with, now mostly classic Wilson Pro Staff Tour 85-90 and Head Prestige series.

Otherwise, it's a case by case. For instance, I just added a JK Millennium Limited edition b/c it looks like a cool woodie and plays like a "recreational 95 sq in classic" (excuse my choice of words and please don't start a fight again - it will lead to an "ignored" list).

Tennis Man 07-05-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 3653186)
I can let you have some pics, i've got 6 siitting here next to me, 4 never used actually......Send me a message if you wanna know what they look like!

Why don't you post them here for all to see. Actually, I did ask not to offer me any more racquets b/c I have a tendency to buy them. :)

droliver 07-05-2009 04:42 PM

FYI, there's a guy on the 'bay who's got a lot of "new old stock" of Wilson & Head for sale in brand new condition. They would seem to fall into that era you're looking for. I've been so tempted to pick some of those prostaff & hyper prostaff that were new about a decade ago. Among others he apparently has some:

WILSON PROSTAFF TOUR 90 & 95
WILSON PROSTAFF 6.1 STRETCH MIDPLUS
WILSON HYPER PROSTAFF 6.5
WILSON HYPER PROSTAFF 6.1 MIDPLUS
WILSON HYPER PROSTAFF 5.0 STRETCH
HEAD CLASSIC TOUR MID PLUS MP PRESTIGE
HEAD FLEXPOINT FXP PRESTIGE MIDSIZE & MP

Click here to go to his storefront

RobG 07-05-2009 05:55 PM

TW seems to have a dislike of that site with "bay" in its name, because it's been *'d out in your link. If you right-click, choose "copy link location", then paste it into your browser, and then replace the *'s with the proper domain name (hint ends in bay and also has .com on it), it'll bring up the store.

I dunno why TW has such a problem with them; TW's prices are pretty fantastic on most of their stuff, and they price-match. I'll admit it's the one reason I dislike retailers running forums like this, because they try to block anything resembling competition, and that's a bad thing.

Meanwhile... the racquet I'm waiting on to arrive is actually an O3 Hybrid Tour, not an Ozone Tour. I goofed. :)

Rob

pshulam 07-05-2009 06:18 PM

50 rackets in two months -- wow. I thought that I have collected too many rackets (about 15) in 6 months. Anyway, I am slowly getting rid of the ones that I do not use very often.

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol 07-05-2009 06:31 PM

If I had a job, I'd go crazy. I get 1 racquet every year.

pshulam 07-05-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsongaEatingAPineappleLol (Post 3658433)
If I had a job, I'd go crazy. I get 1 racquet every year.

Do not spoil the party - get moving on racket collection.:)

plasma 07-14-2009 12:28 AM

the collection wall you posted years ago inspired me to start collecting, tennisman...the pics you post here are also breathtaking and striking in a truly badass way. thanks

Tennis Man 07-14-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasma (Post 3689794)
the collection wall you posted years ago inspired me to start collecting, tennisman...the pics you post here are also breathtaking and striking in a truly badass way. thanks

Thank you, plasma ... I will keep posting until my walls are covered with good stuff. :)

Btw, I decided not to keep anything in new/mint condition anymore, only the ones my friends or I can actually play with.