Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cecil Mamiit Racket Question? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=272400)

jonRF 07-05-2009 05:09 AM

Cecil Mamiit Racket Question?

If you know Cecil Mamiit what racket does he use ?:?

dincuss 07-05-2009 05:26 AM

MicroGel Extreme Pro, real one I think (he used to use PD, so it might be a custom like Ljubicic), PHT mains, Gut Crosses

Kick Serve 14 07-05-2009 08:21 PM

What strings are those... obviously it is a hybrid. But what is it... It looks like what i have on my extreme, babolat pro hurricane tour and gamma asterix.

Racquet Masetro 07-06-2009 04:30 AM

On that racquet he was using Lux BB 1.30 on the mains and Sonic Pro 17g on the cross.

He now uses Babolat Pure Drivr + with ALU Spin on the mains and ALU Power on the crosses.

chrisplchs 07-07-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racquet Masetro (Post 3659793)
On that racquet he was using Lux BB 1.30 on the mains and Sonic Pro 17g on the cross.

He now uses Babolat Pure Drivr + with ALU Spin on the mains and ALU Power on the crosses.

Very good. You are very correct. I can't remember the exact tension but his crosses are 2lbs higher than mains. I want to say 44/46 but I can't remember exactly. Don't forget the light blue matching rubber band.

Kick Serve 14 07-07-2009 08:44 PM

Why would he string it that low? i know that it gives you a trampoline effect but at some point in time wouldn't the tension not matter and you would still get the same effect?

Kick Serve 14 07-07-2009 08:45 PM

Also wouldn't you lose control if it was that low... and does it damage the frame because it is below the reccomended tension.

BigSkyChamp 07-09-2009 11:09 PM

before you all make fools of yourselves....

I have a good friend of mine who i play college ball with who will be playing davis cup with cecil for the phillipines in 4 weeks. I will let you know what he plays with as I am also very interested and have let my friend know my interest, Details should follow soon. be patient.

chrisplchs 07-09-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSkyChamp (Post 3676727)

I have a good friend of mine who i play college ball with who will be playing davis cup with cecil for the phillipines in 4 weeks. I will let you know what he plays with as I am also very interested and have let my friend know my interest, Details should follow soon. be patient.

I don't understand how I would be making a fool of myself. I know Cecil personally. I have touch/strung/hit with his racquet.

firefox 07-09-2009 11:39 PM

I believe he was using gut cross as of end of May in Carson.

Swan Song 07-10-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSkyChamp (Post 3676727)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisplchs (Post 3676762)
I don't understand how I would be making a fool of myself. I know Cecil personally. I have touch/strung/hit with his racquet.

I agree with chrisplchs. Why would we be making a fool of ourselves, and would you care to explain why?