Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will You Change To Storms W/ GT? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=275427)

Sangria Munky 07-17-2009 08:55 PM

Will You Change To Storms W/ GT?

Please Vote And Comment

fattsoo 07-17-2009 11:39 PM

I don't know about changing, I will definitely demo it and see...but right now, the LTD is perfect for me

ClubHoUno 07-24-2009 04:35 PM

YES!

I have 4 PST GT on order, custom from Babolat directly with Babolat Leather grip on and weight matched ofcourse :D

I will still keep two of my old PST though, in case I still like them better :lol:

whereisz 08-23-2009 12:42 AM

It's all just a marketing scheme for people who think newer is better. I would buy it if I don't have the PST, but if you do, you are pretty much paying 200 dollars for a new PJ.

vndesu 08-23-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereisz (Post 3841474)
It's all just a marketing scheme for people who think newer is better. I would buy it if I don't have the PST, but if you do, you are pretty much paying 200 dollars for a new PJ.

there can be a difference.
look at the pure control series they were stiff but good, then when the pure storm tour came out to replace it the storm was too light and too felxible.

Hankenstein 08-23-2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereisz (Post 3841474)

Absolutely not this time...

The new have a much more solid feel. The new GT is like the old PST but added power steering and ABS.

So far i like the old better due to the "raw" feel. The old frame feels more like a sportcar and the new is like a family wagoon

Richie Rich 08-23-2009 06:36 AM

the storm tour + looks interesting. might be worth a hit

paulorenzo 08-23-2009 07:23 AM

the new limited is a beautiful racquet.

DunlopDood 08-23-2009 07:34 AM

Does the OP work for Babolat or something? Although the storm is the only decent racquet babolat make, it still leaves much to be desired. Graphite tungsten? you guys are all over this stuff like it's some revolutionary technology. Prince had Graphite tungsten in their sticks almost a decade before these racquets came out.

paulorenzo 08-23-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunlopDood (Post 3842165)
Does the OP work for Babolat or something? Although the storm is the only decent racquet babolat make, it still leaves much to be desired. Graphite tungsten? you guys are all over this stuff like it's some revolutionary technology. Prince had Graphite tungsten in their sticks almost a decade before these racquets came out.

it's been a little over a decade hasn't it?

NoNameZ 08-23-2009 09:25 AM

well if the GT works like it did with the PD, then it might be worth demoing, although I like the PST the way it is. There's always room for improvement.

Ross K 08-23-2009 10:27 AM

If... (and it's a big 'if')... if, as is rumoured, the new PST GT is an attempt at being bit more like the old 'swirlie' Pure Control, it could interest me.

R.

TennisandMusic 08-23-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunlopDood (Post 3842165)

I agree that the last PST was good but lacking (though Babolat's other "big" frames are still excellent if that's what you want). The GT version fixes what I didn't like about it previously. Who cares what the "tech" is called, if the feel and performance is there, that's what matters. I think the new ones are great.

I don't really see anyone thinking the "GT" stuff is revolutionary either? It's just the latest version.

bowchikawow 10-09-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubHoUno (Post 3727725)
YES!

I have 4 PST GT on order, custom from Babolat directly with Babolat Leather grip on and weight matched ofcourse :D

Hey there Uno! Was just noticing your sig. Sounds like a great string set up. Was just hoping you could pass some feedback on it and I bet that it looks great with the black strings!:twisted:

furyoku_tennis 10-09-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Rich (Post 3841957)
the storm tour + looks interesting. might be worth a hit

the tour + is definitely worth a hit. i was surprised by how much i actually liked the frame. real tempted to switch cause it just has so much power. great from the baseline. groundstrokes are monstrous with this thing.

ReopeningWed 03-09-2010 05:23 AM

The paintjob is nice, but I can barely afford to eat right now, much less spring for new rackets.
It's horrible being in school :(