Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MOST COMFORTABLE/DURABLE SHOE ? CAN YOU GET IT AT TW? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=2810)

twocents 04-09-2004 07:45 AM

MOST COMFORTABLE/DURABLE SHOE ? CAN YOU GET IT AT TW?

What is the most comfortable shoe that lasts a reasonable time?
I have a wide foot. I was using NB 650s. Anything else that comfortable or better? If I know it will last the summer I'm willing to spend the money. I play on hardcourts at least 4 times a week.
thanks

Swan Song 04-09-2004 08:12 AM

I would recommend Nike Air Resolve(available in Mid and Low). The good thing about these Nikes are that they support wide feet. I have not tried this, but I think Reebok 360DMX is also suited for wide feet so you might want to give it a try. The shoes that I have listed have reviews on TW's website.

v9989888 04-09-2004 09:35 AM

The Barricade IIIs are quite comfortable and relatively durable (considering you have a six month outsole warranty).

kreative 04-09-2004 01:01 PM

New Balance 1000/1001's are nice, and come in wide sizes to accomadate your feet. do you wear wide widths in the shoes you have now?

Loud 04-09-2004 01:58 PM

I think those have the lifetime warranty no?

TennsDog 04-09-2004 03:11 PM

Barricade/Figjam

Does anyone have a general comparison between the Adidas Barricade II's and the Reebok Figjams?

kreative 04-09-2004 04:58 PM

loud, yes, the nb 1000's (1001's too i think) have a lifetime warranty 1 pair replacement. they are pretty cushy, and nice for wide feet since they come in variable widths.

tennsdog, i like the barricade II's much better than the figjams. they're prolly the best all around shoe i've tried. figjams are decent, but feel kinda bulky (heavy), and aren't as durable. also no warranty!

PHSTennis 04-09-2004 06:51 PM

Barricade 2 will last forever... with 6month outsole waranty... They are very light and comfortable... I have DC Skater shoes... I've played in them... big diffrence.. you can move around very fast with the barricade.. thing is ... doesnt provide much traction... i slide all over the place and im 140LBS also.. I play singles.. during the long rally points my feet start to burn from moving too much.... pretty funny.. like my feet are on fire...

nn 04-12-2004 11:10 AM

Does anyone have a general comparison between the Adidas Barricade II's and the Reebok Figjams?

Answer: Barricade II if you are looking for shoes to last long. If you want more cushioning go for figjam. But only problem with figjam is durability. I am not hard on shoes at all & never found any tennis shoe for durability issue but figjam didn't last for too long. (3 months with 2-3 days play) Also figjam are heavy but they offer solid stability & support.

Bottom line: Both shoes are equal in features only durability makes figjam second choice.

NOTE: I HAVE USED BOTH SHOES.