Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   WeissCANNON Turbotwist (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=284976)

Dangus 09-01-2009 09:06 PM

WeissCANNON Turbotwist
 
Anyone have experience with this string? There haven't been many threads about it.

Dangus 09-02-2009 11:08 AM

Nobody? :(

MarrratSafin 09-02-2009 04:05 PM

Excellent string. Soft and great spin potential, and excellent tension maintenance thus far. Much better than Cannon Silverstring IMHO, and is one of my favourites so far.

PROTENNIS63 09-02-2009 04:10 PM

String was great for first two hours and then performance went down hill. I liked silverstring more though unlike the poster above.

Casco 09-02-2009 08:40 PM

Great string!

Dangus 09-03-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROTENNIS63 (Post 3878225)
String was great for first two hours and then performance went down hill. I liked silverstring more though unlike the poster above.

Did it have a Luxilon-like decline?

Fedace 09-03-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarrratSafin (Post 3878216)
Excellent string. Soft and great spin potential, and excellent tension maintenance thus far. Much better than Cannon Silverstring IMHO, and is one of my favourites so far.

How does it compare to Bluegear ??

mdjenders 09-03-2009 12:12 PM

interesting. i was very impressed by the silverstring, so might have to give this a shot.

MarrratSafin 09-03-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 3881065)
How does it compare to Bluegear ??

Not played Blue Gear yet but have a couple sets here and will try them soon. From what I heard Blue Gear doesn't maintain tension well but guess the spin potential is right up there.

PROTENNIS63 09-03-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangus (Post 3881052)
Did it have a Luxilon-like decline?

From my experience yes. It maybe lasted a tad longer. The lux decline for me is even quicker.

PROTENNIS63 09-03-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 3881065)
How does it compare to Bluegear ??

I wouldn't exactly say turbo twist is similar to blue gear. 2 different strings in the sence that blue gear is deformed and is more similar to like plasma hextreme. Turbo twist will be somewhat similar to Spin X or Gamma ZO Twist.

Dangus 09-03-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROTENNIS63 (Post 3881691)
From my experience yes. It maybe lasted a tad longer. The lux decline for me is even quicker.

Ah, looks like I'll be sticking to Silverstring then. Thanks!

PROTENNIS63 09-03-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangus (Post 3881906)
Ah, looks like I'll be sticking to Silverstring then. Thanks!

No problem. :)

I always say this but want to repeat again that strings are personal preference and you may like what I dislike and vice versa.

Casco 09-04-2009 07:01 PM

TurboTwist will be available in a thicker guage later this month, and I'd imagine that will hold up a little better. I've found it to have better bite and a crisper feel tha Blue Gear.

lpicken 09-15-2009 07:44 PM

Any idea when the turbo twist is coming out and in what gauges? I really want to invest in a string of this stuff. Casco, did you string your self?

Fedace 09-15-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROTENNIS63 (Post 3881696)
I wouldn't exactly say turbo twist is similar to blue gear. 2 different strings in the sence that blue gear is deformed and is more similar to like plasma hextreme. Turbo twist will be somewhat similar to Spin X or Gamma ZO Twist.

is this string better than the Proline 2 ?

tlm 09-18-2009 07:10 PM

Hit with this string for the first time.It does not feel like a poly, great comfort.It provides good spin+crisp but very comfortable.

It seemed like i could not miss, very good control if you apply spin.But i did not seem to get as much pop off the court as i would like.

tlm 09-19-2009 06:27 PM

Used this string for the 2nd day+ it plays very good.This is a very unique string,great feel of a multi with the spin of a poly.

This is different from any poly i have used, nice crisp feel but yet soft+comfy at the same time.This is nothing like blue gear a dead+ real stiff poly, no comparison in these 2 strings.

nickarnold2000 11-16-2009 05:35 PM

Has anyone been using Turbo Twist lately?

crism54 11-18-2009 01:28 AM

this string is twisted around its longitudinal axis, but are also shaped? which is the section of this string?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse