Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Former Pro Player Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Meet Govenor Agassi (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=297261)

db24 11-10-2009 06:13 AM

Meet Govenor Agassi

Has Anybody else wondered why all this?And why now?
Sixty minutes no less! Come on, sixty minutes is a serious program.
This stuff belongs on Jerry Springer.This is vetting. Clearing the air of unpleasant issues,taking out the garbage.This entire thing has a smell to it.
Agassi needs to confess?He needs the money from the book sales?Why now?
Remember "image is everything".

sureshs 11-10-2009 06:14 AM

It has already been speculated that he is going to run for office and that is why he came clean before he could be busted.

slice bh compliment 11-10-2009 06:21 AM

Even Wertheim said so. OF course, SI has an agenda...and Andre is a part of it. And Andre's future political career has a lot to lose, too.....but a lot to gain from this.

I bet Oprah and Larry King will be a part of this soon. I've been tired of Andre for a while now (in spurts). No exception here.

Wonder if he will make a difference one day? Does he have the educational background to be a senator or a congressman. Possibly a Mayor?

This is all so cheesy.

EDIT: Ha, he actually looks like a streamlined version of Mayor McCheese.

jrod 11-10-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice bh compliment (Post 4093700)
...Wonder if he will make a difference one day?

I think he probably has made a difference to the lives of some already. Don't you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice bh compliment (Post 4093700)
Does he have the educational background to be a senator or a congressman. Possibly a Mayor?

Whoa...when I look at the politicians we have today the LAST thing that comes to mind is how educated they are.

sureshs 11-10-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrod (Post 4093747)
I think he probably has made a difference to the lives of some already. Don't you?

Whoa...when I look at the politicians we have today the LAST thing that comes to mind is how educated they are.

Actually, they are pretty educated, usually in Law. What we need is less educated politicians. Hopefully they will be less slimy.

slice bh compliment 11-10-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Yes, but I meant in politics in a national sense.

I also think his opponents and his detractors will jump on his lack of formal education.

I do think he's intelligent enough and he's a quick enough study to learn about science, civic matters and ethics.

I personally tired of the guy, but I certainly wish him well.

raiden031 11-10-2009 07:02 AM

Nothing wrong with the truth. If Agassi has a story to tell, more power to him.

jrod 11-10-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice bh compliment (Post 4093800)
...I personally tired of the guy, but I certainly wish him well.

At least the guy is doing some good locally in Vegas. It's more than many politicians do in their entire lifetimes. Besides, he's got all the qualifications to make a good politician: toupe, drugs/alcohol, lies.

Quite frankly, I get tired of politicians constantly talking about how they are going to solve our problems and then either never delivering or worse. I think we'd be better off with more folks like Agassi in office and less of the standard we now "enjoy".

Michael Bluth 11-10-2009 07:12 AM

He was asked by Harry Reid to run for Congress in 2008, but said no. If he wanted to start a political career that would have been a golden opportunity, he's a Democrat and 2008 was a big Democratic year.

So I don't think he'll be starting a political career.

SplitStepper 11-10-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

I second that JRod. Agassi has made a huge impact on my life as well as MILLIONS of others. The things I learned from Andre are now trickling down to all the kids I work with. And I have worked with thousands from all around the world. I had the pleasure of stringing for him, Steffi, and Killer for a couple of weeks. What a class act he is to deal with. He's certainly got my vote.

CyBorg 11-10-2009 08:31 AM

Interesting. If Agassi does have political aspirations then his book is most likely nothing but damage control. But I'll keep an open mind for now.

scotus 11-10-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyBorg (Post 4094031)
Interesting. If Agassi does have political aspirations then his book is most likely nothing but damage control. But I'll keep an open mind for now.

A pre-emptive damage control if he has political aspirations.

A possible damage control regardless of his political aspirations may stem from his damaged relationship with that Roger Perry guy. (I am not sure if I got his name right)

I bet Perry knows a lot about Andre's past and perhaps might have been writing book exposing Andre's dark side.

slice bh compliment 11-10-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrod (Post 4093822)
At least the guy is doing some good locally in Vegas. It's more than many politicians do in their entire lifetimes. Besides, he's got all the qualifications to make a good politician: toupe, drugs/alcohol, lies.

Quite frankly, I get tired of politicians constantly talking about how they are going to solve our problems and then either never delivering or worse. I think we'd be better off with more folks like Agassi in office and less of the standard we now "enjoy".

Absolutely. Agassi Prep is a shining example.

Politics, though, man...I hope he does a good job. I'm rooting for him. I'm not a fan of this episode at all, but I hope, like tennis, he ends up using it for the greater good.

Speaking of the 'standard we now enjoy' in US politics...did anyone see a photo of that session (I forget if it was the Senate floor or Congress) of the computer screens during a session? Two elected officials spent that time playing Solitaire and another was checking his Facebook page. Pathetic.

slice bh compliment 11-10-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotus (Post 4094288)
A pre-emptive damage control if he has political aspirations.

A possible damage control

I bet Perry knows a lot about Andre's past and perhaps might have been writing book exposing Andre's dark side.

I understand Andre did not at all address his somewhat recent falling out with his longtime friend and counselor, Perry Rogers. Wonder what that's all about.

Anyway, I think he's grown up a lot, but this whole thing smacks just a little of Michael Jordan.

That said, I hope he does as much for his state and this country as he's done for his community.

db24 11-12-2009 06:32 AM

Agassi but which one

All said and done about Andre.If Andre goes political I think the real story is going to be the father.As tennis fathers go the father has been absolutely invisible to the media.I mean a few things pop up here and there but I can't help feeling there's a lot more to know about this guy than is getting out.
Consider other tennis fathers.Mary Pierce's dad,Capriotti's, Dokic's, Uri Sharapova and Richard Willams who has had more face time than a lot of the players on tour.
So what's interesting about the senior Agassi?If Andre goes public we may find out.Or not.
I have heard he is Iranian,Armanian and somethig else I have not heard of,Assirian, or something to that effect and he is well conected in Vagas.
There may be lots of public info about him and I've just missed it.
This is the story line I'm waiting for now.