Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Congrats to Phil Mickelson! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=2977)

Loud 04-11-2004 02:15 PM

Congrats to Phil Mickelson!

Well deserved Masters win...he's waited a long time for it!

Craig Sheppard 04-11-2004 02:20 PM

Just about to post the same thing! Congrats Phil! There isn't 1 guy I've been more happy for to win anything... Way to go Phil!

-Craig.

chad shaver 04-11-2004 04:27 PM

Looked like he was enjoying this tournament more than he had ever enjoyed any tournament before. The look on his face as he walked the course was very telling of the way he played.

Kobble 04-11-2004 07:35 PM

It is always a shame that someone like Els has to lose by one stroke, but at least Phil won the tournament by a birdie on a tough hole. I never like seeing a player lose with a bogey. Overall, it was a nice ending for one of the most memorable Masters I have witnessed. With Palmer walking away after his 50th tournament, Watson's caddy passing away, Justin Rose falling apart on the weekend, and Mickelson winning his first major to make two champions in a row left handed. The 2004 Masters will never be forgotten.

Feņa14 04-12-2004 02:44 AM

What can I say lefties are the best!!!!!! (I only play golf left handed though) I wanted my fellow country man Paul Casey to come through but as I said a couple of weeks ago in a post I had my money on Mickelson, I suppose i'll have to be there next year to make it 3 lefties in a row :lol: .

I did feel sorry for Rose' 81. But Harrington and Triplett's holes in 1 on the 16th were amazing. I'm so glad I stopped up for most of the night to watch it.

Well done Phil!!!!!!!

Liam

AndyC 04-12-2004 03:19 AM

Indeedy :). It was a great Masters.. and Phil really had to work to get the monkey of his back. He's taken so much flak over the years about his record in the slams and yet when he was playing his last round there was still that shy innocent smile throughout what must have been the severest psychological pressure.

Here's to a whole string of majors for Phil as surely his talent must deserve.

Phil 04-12-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Well done Phil!!!!!!!
Thanks Liam-it was tough, but I needed that win.

Phil M.-guy has a great first name and, like me, golfs lefty.

Loud 04-12-2004 05:27 PM

Do you think he would have cracked if he had Tiger on his back instead of Els? That Tiger boy's in Phil's head.

ucd_ace 04-12-2004 05:57 PM

Watching him on the back nine gave me chills and I've never been very interested in watching golf. All the talk of his lack of winning a major has left me rooting for him lately. I was extremely happy to see him win the green jacket; that's the stuff that makes sports so great.

chad shaver 04-12-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loud
Do you think he would have cracked if he had Tiger on his back instead of Els? That Tiger boy's in Phil's head.

I don't think so. He seemed to really be totally on with everything he did. He seemed like he was relishing the moment, no matter who was competing against him....

baseliner 04-13-2004 08:54 AM

I was delighted for Phil. He has shown a great attitude with patience the inevitable questions from the media about his failure to win a major. Most rivieting golf I have ever seen on the tube. Shocked to hear this morning that Master's TV ratings were down 20% this year on Sunday.

Feņa14 04-13-2004 11:24 AM

My pleasure Phil (not Mickelson)

So we are the lefty golfers round here! what's your handicap?

So because Phil won it this year I suppose I better go and win The Masters next year after I win the British open boys this year at Royal Birkdale!!!!!, I even have his 731pm irons now thats loyalty for you! :D

Lefty is the way to swing, I have just about mastered the high flop shot and I to have gone back to the blade putter! I am the Phil of my club :wink:

Liam (Phil II)

ezdude1970 04-13-2004 12:07 PM

I have to disagree with all that Phil fan fare here, I was hoping that he would Choke again. I really thought that ***** **** boy will carry a torch from Norman well into 21st century. My mistake was that I did not watch Masters this year. Since every time i watched before he would find a way to lose. And it is funny now, that everybody (especially ESPN Radio) is making him some sort of GOD! Please enough about Phil!

Phil 04-13-2004 08:21 PM

Liam wrote:
Quote:

So we are the lefty golfers round here! what's your handicap?
I only golf if forced to, while visiting friends; don't have a handicap, but I hit a nasty slice.

Feņa14 04-15-2004 11:08 AM

What the fcuk is ezdude1970 on about?

I have stayed by Phil even when he choked in the majors and now that he has won one I feel like celebrating it with him.

The future of left handed golf is looking good all thanks to Phil and Mike so I want to celebrate their achievements and hope it continues :D

Liam