Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Petition - Nike Tongues (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=301859)

laurencenadal 12-12-2009 01:07 AM

Petition - Nike Tongues

Please everyone sign this petition to try and encourage Nike to list to our wishes...

PLEASE NIKE, PRODUCE THE STANDARD COURTBALLISTICS (or any future shoe that Nadal uses) WITH THE ENLARGED TONGUE LIKE HE DOES

For all that don't know what I mean just see below...

These are ones like you would be able to purchase:

And these are the ones that Nadal wears:

PLEASE STOP SELLING US SHOES PROMOTED BY NADAL IF THEY AREN'T REALLY THE ONES HE WEARS...!!!

Yoakim 12-12-2009 01:23 AM

big tongues look retro and awesome. bring them back!

laurencenadal 12-12-2009 01:28 AM

Some more examples of the tongue difference...

PLEASE SUPPORT

Pink_Shirt 12-12-2009 09:13 AM

I'll support this, probably more comfortable.

The_Juice 12-12-2009 09:45 AM

I really like the current sock shaped tounge, fits very comfortable in my opinion.

It's hard to say without having tried both though.

Wes_Loves_Dunlop 12-12-2009 09:49 AM

Large tongues look ********.
The reason nike produces them with small tongues is because it is more appealing to a wider audience

J011yroger 12-12-2009 10:05 AM

I like the retail tongue. The separate ones always move over to one side, and feel uncomfortable.

J

laurencenadal 12-12-2009 10:18 AM

Its awful to wear a foot brace with this tongue!!!

laurencenadal 12-12-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VamosRafa06 (Post 3480904)
people are saying these are "black" or the normal ones are "black"?? I have the retail version, they are NOT black, they're a charcoal (but really look navy), and the difference in the Nadal version would be the all pink sole (clay court pattern), and the silver is reflective on his, where the retail version is a matte finish silver, and obviously his say "RAFA" on the back with his championship insignias on them. I think it's BS that Nike makes such awesome changes for the pro's stuff, and never puts it to retail, even in a limited possible version. Like his last year's breathe cages were different than the retail, and the all pink soles on this courtballistec look amazing. I KNOW they are pros, but Nike is losing a ton of money limiting these and also, btw, I HATE how European customers get ALL the color options we do AND THEN MORE (i.e. the bold french open shorts in white, which we don't have, and the bold polo in white, navy and pink!)

Sorry for the rant

More campaign support!!!

laurencenadal 12-12-2009 10:44 AM

BTW THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT THE TONGUE...

ITS ABOUT NIKE NOT PRODUCING THE SAME RETAIL VERSION AS THE ONES USED BY THE PROS...

HIS IS MORE ANNOYING EVIDENCE!!!

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SOLE... WHY ARE WE TREATED SO POORLY???

Cody 12-12-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J011yroger (Post 4190855)
I like the retail tongue. The separate ones always move over to one side, and feel uncomfortable.

J

My vapour tongues always end up on the same side everytime i play, soon after straightening them they are back to that side. :twisted:

JerrYMeeE 12-12-2009 10:56 AM

if you look closely, the heel part of Nadal's shoe is a lot different just because of the tongue

JerrYMeeE 12-12-2009 10:57 AM

sorry double post,
and it also makes the shoe look a lot cleaner cut.

mtommer 12-12-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurencenadal (Post 4190940)

ITS ABOUT NIKE NOT PRODUCING THE SAME RETAIL VERSION AS THE ONES USED BY THE PROS...

Because Nike is in the business of maximizing profits, not appealing to fans for the sake of the fans. Frankly, what Nike offers is close enough to appease most fans as well as attract people who aren't nearly close enough with the sport to care about player specifics but DO care about wearing something THEY like. Why doesn't Nike cut the RF logo on Fed polos? In other words, you ramp up a production line to cater to what would sell the most, not what would cater to the most enthusiastic player fans.

I for one like the uni tongue on my BCII's. I actually think it looks better than with the big tongue. Also keep in mind that tennis shoe design follows from what has worked from other more popular sports (for Nike), namely running (which is where we get Lunarlite and Flywire from) and basketball (which runs tons of different color combos and designs).

Tour90 12-12-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurencenadal (Post 4190940)

HIS IS MORE ANNOYING EVIDENCE!!!

??????????? it's clay.......... nub

se0what 12-12-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tour90 (Post 4191080)
??????????? it's clay.......... nub

xD just what i was ganna say... ahahaah

JerrYMeeE 12-12-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se0what (Post 4191772)
xD just what i was ganna say... ahahaah

lol, yeah, but the outsole is pink.
even though it might be a diff. tread pattern, the color altogether is different

Noveson 12-12-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrYMeeE (Post 4191996)
lol, yeah, but the outsole is pink.
even though it might be a diff. tread pattern, the color altogether is different

Ridiculous argument(that we should get the exact same things). All athletes get gear no one else does. PE'd shoes in the NBA, better quality shirts etc. It is just how it goes.

volleynets 12-12-2009 11:51 PM

we do get what the pro's wear. Only Nadal has tongue. All of the Ballistec players wear the same ones. I have the pink/charcoal Ballistecs and if they made the whole sole pink like on his it would have decreased sales. If the shoe had any more pink than it does I would not buy it.

juan_newlook 12-13-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volleynets (Post 4192110)
we do get what the pro's wear. Only Nadal has tongue. All of the Ballistec players wear the same ones. I have the pink/charcoal Ballistecs and if they made the whole sole pink like on his it would have decreased sales. If the shoe had any more pink than it does I would not buy it.

I'm agree with you, only Roger and Rafa have differents shoes and apparel.

And I prefer the quality of the Rafa's spring/summer polos than the fall/holiday polos. The material of the spring and summer were very soft.

PD: sorry for my english :)