Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Snowed in again (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=307915)

Spokewench 01-21-2010 07:55 AM

Snowed in again

Well, we are snowed in again. So far this week, we have gotten almost 3 feet of snow in 3 nights. We have been okay since it got clear during the day and gave us a chance to clear out and a chance for the snowplows to get into the neighborhoods.

Today is another story, I'm in for the day! My Subaru just doesn't have enough clearance to get out of the neighborhood and it is still snowing! They say that with this last storm, we could get 2-4 feet!

I guess I won't be getting to tennis drills tonight. I played 3 and a 1/2 hours yesterday so I guess I'm okay there. I'll ride my trainer, and shovel to get my exercise today.

mtommer 01-21-2010 10:18 AM

You could always try the snow bike. :D

downs_chris 01-21-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokewench (Post 4304914)
Well, we are snowed in again. So far this week, we have gotten almost 3 feet of snow in 3 nights. We have been okay since it got clear during the day and gave us a chance to clear out and a chance for the snowplows to get into the neighborhoods.

Today is another story, I'm in for the day! My Subaru just doesn't have enough clearance to get out of the neighborhood and it is still snowing! They say that with this last storm, we could get 2-4 feet!

I guess I won't be getting to tennis drills tonight. I played 3 and a 1/2 hours yesterday so I guess I'm okay there. I'll ride my trainer, and shovel to get my exercise today.

where are you? don't say colorado...haha, because i was just there for some snowboarding and i'd be upset if it snowed after i left!

Spokewench 01-21-2010 11:02 AM

Flagstaff az

Spokewench 01-22-2010 06:28 AM

Got another foot yesterday, then some rain. Ugh, that 2-3 inches of slush was heavy to shovel. And, got another foot last night. Still snowing too It's still sitting in the driveway - I'm taking my time getting out there today.

ilovecarlos 01-22-2010 01:53 PM

How wonderful! The thing is to enjoy it. I have always dreamed of being snowed in...in some place wonderful. Az would do! Have been sort of snowed in twice but in suburban Wash., DC. Have been lucky enough to have a full pantry, well stocked bar, an outdoor grill (always have a full bag of charcoal in case of power failures) and a portable grill suitable for indoors or outdoors powered by canisters of butane. I am always well prepared for emergencies and welcome anything Mother Nature brings:)

CCNM 01-22-2010 01:55 PM

My mom and I were just talking about Flagstaff's snow issues the other day. Sorry to hear about your woes SW. At least you have a shovel-you're not stuck inside the house going crazy! We in Albuquerque, NM were supposed to get that storm. Apparently only the mountains got it.

papatenis 01-22-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokewench (Post 4305498)
Flagstaff az

What's the low down on "Northern Arizona Univ."

ALten1 01-22-2010 04:01 PM

We got an eighth of an inch here in Alabama. We were snowed in for two days.

Spokewench 01-23-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatenis (Post 4311227)
What's the low down on "Northern Arizona Univ."

It's been closed for the past two days and a 1/2. I had an email from a professor friend who said yesterday there were abandoned cars all over and it was a mess trying to get around. At least he got out of his neighborhood.

We are plowed out today so we can get out finally. I will take a drive around later to see what is up. Several rlat roofs of buildings are down around town; including the skating rink (Jay Lively) Hastings, Joanne's fabrics, Caesar's pizza. Part of that strip mall roof fell last year too. Home Depot was having a problem,etc.

I'm wondering what happened with the Thursday men's NAU tennis tournament. They were supposed to play at 1:00 on Thursday and I talked to the women's coach on Wednesday afternoon and she said the incoming team was going to try and make it in for the match? Crazy! I guess I'll find out in a few days.

spoke

Spokewench 01-25-2010 10:32 AM

We ended up with about 5 feet by end of week at home. We are now dug out; and I heard that those NAU Men actually did get their tennis match in on Thursday afternoon even though the club was shut down. They beat Sacramento State.

GO Blue!

maverick66 01-25-2010 10:37 AM

its warm out today and pouring rain so all our snow is gonna be gone today except for the snow banks. Even those are gonna be way down. So good bye snow for now.