Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best tennis game for PC....... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=310404)

ClubHoUno 01-31-2010 06:54 PM

Best tennis game for PC.......

Can anyone recommend a GOOD tennis game for pc :confused:

Hot Sauce 02-01-2010 12:47 AM

Dream Match Tennis.

iamke55 02-01-2010 01:07 AM

Do a google search for bimboosoft and buy their game. It's by far the best tennis game out there.

PCXL-Fan 02-01-2010 01:12 AM

Virtua Tennis 3.

LameTennisPlayer 02-01-2010 01:48 PM

Virtual Tennis 2009

Hot Sauce 02-01-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamke55 (Post 4359405)
Do a google search for bimboosoft and buy their game. It's by far the best tennis game out there.

If you do this, you'll find..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Sauce (Post 4359378)
Dream Match Tennis.

This.

Mansewerz 02-02-2010 07:49 PM

Tennis elbow 2009

lawrence 02-02-2010 11:23 PM

imo, in order of realism

Dream Match Tennis Pro
Tennis Elbow
Topspin Series
Virtua Tennis Series

Last 2 are arcade games obv. but they're fun if you dont want to think and never want to worry about having a ball go long or short

MayDay 02-21-2010 01:02 AM

Which on is more fun? Dream Match Tennis Pro or Tennis Elbow 2009?

I'm trying out both demo, it seems in TE2009, you get to create your own player and assign stats. In DMT, you have to pick a pre-configured player.

It seems DMT is harder than TE2009, as it requires more timing when hitting the ball. I can't hit corner to corner in DMT; in TE2009, it's much easier to direct the ball.

Which one should I purchase and concentrate on?

Kenny022593 02-21-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayDay (Post 4417254)
Which on is more fun? Dream Match Tennis Pro or Tennis Elbow 2009?

I'm trying out both demo, it seems in TE2009, you get to create your own player and assign stats. In DMT, you have to pick a pre-configured player.

It seems DMT is harder than TE2009, as it requires more timing when hitting the ball. I can't hit corner to corner in DMT; in TE2009, it's much easier to direct the ball.

Which one should I purchase and concentrate on?

The RL.

Just kidding. Why not buy the game that is more fun...

MayDay 02-22-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny022593 (Post 4417817)
The RL.

Just kidding. Why not buy the game that is more fun...

Hehehe. Yeah, I should concentrate on RL tennis.

For gaming, I think I'll focus on Dream Match Tennis and try figure out the controls and timing. (It's hard to use left and right direction + timing. I keep hitting the ball out of bounds.)

LameTennisPlayer 03-23-2010 06:28 AM

dream match tennis is a great game, but im having trouble with the timing on big serves, any tips?

Algo214 03-23-2010 06:37 AM

Tennis Elbow 2009>>>>>>>>>>>Dream Match Tennis>>>>>any other
Tennis Elbow 2009 is by far the best, you can modify pretty much everything in it, and DMT is unrealistically hard I think

LameTennisPlayer 03-23-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algo214 (Post 4496198)
Tennis Elbow 2009 is by far the best, you can modify pretty much everything in it, and DMT is unrealistically hard I think

i have both, both are good, the fact that DMT is hard to master is what makes it so good, IMO DMT is the better than TE 09

Danstevens 03-23-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LameTennisPlayer (Post 4496177)
dream match tennis is a great game, but im having trouble with the timing on big serves, any tips?

I wish I did have some tips for you, I struggle with the exact same thing. Now, I generally find myself not going for anything quicker than a slice first serve because anything faster is pointless - I know that it won't go in seemingly regardless of how I time it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algo214 (Post 4496198)

I've played both and I like the difficulty of Dream Match. Tennis Elbow still seems to arcady for my liking but the customisability of players is really good. If I had to choose one, it would be Dream Match but Tennis Elbow is a good game as well, I enjoy both.

LameTennisPlayer 03-23-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danstevens (Post 4496441)
I wish I did have some tips for you, I struggle with the exact same thing. Now, I generally find myself not going for anything quicker than a slice first serve because anything faster is pointless - I know that it won't go in seemingly regardless of how I time it.

im wondering if using a joypad makes serving any easier, i can control the normal serve to either the T or out wide with R.Ford, the most i can generate with him is 113 mph with no direction with less than 50% accuracy, so i stick mainly to placement with virtually no power. I have no idea how Roddick is supposed to serve 150mph max.

MayDay 03-23-2010 03:18 PM

I'm using xbox360 pad to play Dream Match Tennis. It's much easier than using keyboard, but it doesn't take away the difficult timing needed.

What I don't get is when I hit ground strokes, let's say I aim right with the joystic, I still can't hit right side of the court in consistent manner. Most of the time it will go wide or to the middle of the court (as if the aiming doesn't have any effect). Sometimes, with no aiming (leaving joystic in the middle position), wide angle shots can be made based on pure timing.

I still can't figure out the proper control behavior.

Same for serving, good timing on the button push only seem makes sure you get good speed and if it's long/short. To position the ball down the T or wide is not intuitive. Do I flick the joystick or do I need to initiate the joystick movement at the right time?

Dream Match Tennis's controls are hard to figure out (for me).....

Hot Sauce 03-23-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayDay (Post 4497481)
I'm using xbox360 pad to play Dream Match Tennis. It's much easier than using keyboard, but it doesn't take away the difficult timing needed.

What I don't get is when I hit ground strokes, let's say I aim right with the joystic, I still can't hit right side of the court in consistent manner. Most of the time it will go wide or to the middle of the court (as if the aiming doesn't have any effect). Sometimes, with no aiming (leaving joystic in the middle position), wide angle shots can be made based on pure timing.

I still can't figure out the proper control behavior.

Same for serving, good timing on the button push only seem makes sure you get good speed and if it's long/short. To position the ball down the T or wide is not intuitive. Do I flick the joystick or do I need to initiate the joystick movement at the right time?

Dream Match Tennis's controls are hard to figure out (for me).....

For aiming shots it's a matter of where you're standing in relation to the ball and how early or late you swing.

For serving to aim it I would press the direction button right before I'm about to hit the ball. But you can't hold it down too early or for too long or else it will go way wide.

Algo214 03-24-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Sauce (Post 4497710)
For aiming shots it's a matter of where you're standing in relation to the ball and how early or late you swing.

For serving to aim it I would press the direction button right before I'm about to hit the ball. But you can't hold it down too early or for too long or else it will go way wide.

and when should I hit the ball in terms of height when serving?, I've tried max height, mid, low and nothing seems to work with consistency :-?

Mr.Brightside 03-24-2010 06:42 AM

i have the demo's of both. i understand what you're saying about dream match being harder to master, and therefore better, but that's just wrong. if it were more intuitively like tennis and therefore harder to master, that would be fine. but its just arbitrarily hard, which makes no sense to me. i think TE 2009 is much much better.