Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Asics Gel Resolution II Thoughts (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=314640)

slice it 02-24-2010 04:05 PM

Asics Gel Resolution II Thoughts

Hey, I cant really seem to find much as far as opinions/reviews go for this shoe.

If somebody that has it can give me a mini review that would be really great. Im looking to get a new pair of shoes. I like a nice light-weight shoe and I play on clay in the winter, but with my team we play on hard-courts so i dont need anything as far as a full herringbone sole goes. I have played with Vapor 5's for the past year or so, and I liked them a lot.

If there are any other shoes that you guys recommend, feel free to comment on them as well!

Thanks for all the help!
it is greatly appreciated.

EKnee08 02-24-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice it (Post 4426578)
Hey, I cant really seem to find much as far as opinions/reviews go for this shoe.

If somebody that has it can give me a mini review that would be really great. Im looking to get a new pair of shoes. I like a nice light-weight shoe and I play on clay in the winter, but with my team we play on hard-courts so i dont need anything as far as a full herringbone sole goes. I have played with Vapor 5's for the past year or so, and I liked them a lot.

If there are any other shoes that you guys recommend, feel free to comment on them as well!

Thanks for all the help!
it is greatly appreciated.

I have been playing with it since September and am very happy with it. Great performance shoe and has great cushioning and stability which is key for me since I have chronic knee issues. (Had microfracture surgery on one knee and could use the same procedure on the other knee as well)

Note that the gel resolution has a clay court version as well as one suited for all surfaces.

Here is a link to the tennis magazine review of the shoe.
http://www.tennis.com/gear/showShoeReview.aspx?ID=477

Also look at the customer feedback on tennis warehouse site and various threads which you can access by doing a search on this forum.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback-AGR2***.html

stanfordtennis alum 02-24-2010 06:04 PM

excellent shoes.. very durable, great comfort and look great.. recommended!

Fedace 02-24-2010 06:27 PM

You guys think this shoes feels heavier compared to Yonex SHT 306's

snoopy 02-24-2010 06:53 PM

Some people complain about their durability especially since there isn't a 6 month guarantee. Also, the shoe laces should be a few inches longer.

I have been wearing the Resolution 2s for a few weeks, which is only a couple of hours of hitting for me. They are great so far except a piece of plastic is rubbing against the base of my right pinky toe. Hopefully it will go away as the shoes get more use.

Fedace, I'm coming from wearing Yonex 304s and I don't notice much difference in terms of weight.

jrod 02-24-2010 07:25 PM

Probably the best "comfortable" performance shoe on the market. I've not tried the clay version, but I suspect it performs equally well to the hard court version. In fact, I've played on clay with the hard court version and the shoe performs quite well.

The only down side is durability. My latest pair of GR2's has 40 hours on them and I've nearly worn a hole in the toe of my right foot. The most I get out of them on hard courts is 80 hours.

slice it 02-24-2010 07:33 PM

okay, thanks for all the help guys.....i think i am going to go for them.

even if they do wear out....they will last long enough to hold me over until those neon-yellow ballistecs come out ;)

samster 02-24-2010 07:38 PM

there is another online retailer offering 6-month outsole warranty on the Asics GR 2.

google "asics gel resolution 2 men's 6-month outsole warranty" to find this.

Bluehinder 02-24-2010 07:43 PM

I love mine. No complaints. Super comfortable, great cushioning.

mnehls 02-24-2010 09:06 PM

been playing on them for 3 weeks, coming off of knee surgery over Thanksgiving, great so far

EKnee08 02-25-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samster (Post 4427080)
there is another online retailer offering 6-month outsole warranty on the Asics GR 2.

google "asics gel resolution 2 men's 6-month outsole warranty" to find this.

Yes, thats true and they currently are the only one in the US offering the clay court version although the regular version is versatile and can be used on all surfaces.

My first pair lasted me 6 months playing 2-3 times a week on har-tru for 2 years per session.

Because I play only on clay and har-tru during the indoor season and they are the only store offering the clay court version, I just bought a pair from them.

Does anyone know, if TW will carry the clay court version in the spring?

Fedace 02-25-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluehinder (Post 4427089)
I love mine. No complaints. Super comfortable, great cushioning.

Someone said the shoe makes Farting noise after few minutes of wear. IS this True ??

Hankenstein 02-25-2010 06:04 AM

I bought the cool blue version of this shoe and tried it in november and december in a couple of leaguematches and tournaments.

The forefoot is pretty narrow for me but the shoe has great cushioning and decent support.

Took like 30 minutes to get a nice broke in feel .

One major issue is the durability!! After a total of 15 tennis-sessions (a total of maybe 25 hours of hard court tennis) there is just a fraction of rubber left before my big toe pops out. It wears out extremely fast. Way way way faster then any other shoe i have tried in the past,, For example,, I have used the Barricade V about the same time and they are still like brand new. I fully understand why Asics dont have a 6 month durability warranty.

Fedace 02-25-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankenstein (Post 4427835)
I bought the cool blue version of this shoe and tried it in november and december in a couple of leaguematches and tournaments.

The forefoot is pretty narrow for me but the shoe has great cushioning and decent support.

Took like 30 minutes to get a nice broke in feel .

One major issue is the durability!! After a total of 15 tennis-sessions (a total of maybe 25 hours of hard court tennis) there is just a fraction of rubber left before my big toe pops out. It wears out extremely fast. Way way way faster then any other shoe i have tried in the past,, For example,, I have used the Barricade V about the same time and they are still like brand new. I fully understand why Asics dont have a 6 month durability warranty.

What do you think about adding Teflon toeguard in the front ? that may stretch the life a bit

schap02 02-25-2010 08:48 AM

Durability is the only issue with these shoes, to me, other than that, they are perfect...

Some Sites H-Bird will offer a 6 mth guarantee which is nice...

Racer41c 02-25-2010 09:56 AM

Man I wished I agreed with you all. After 4 pairs of the Res I's I should have bought 10 more before they got replaced with the II's. If I ever wear out the II's I won't be buying another pair. If I don't wear them out, I'll throw them away.

I find the drag on plastic kills my feet. I had the same problem with Nike Cages. If they fit your feet fine, but if they don't they never conform to your foot. The old Res I's were some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, tennis, running or whatever.

slice it 02-25-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 4428165)
What do you think about adding Teflon toeguard in the front ? that may stretch the life a bit

I dont think teflon has any properties that would promote durability...

Dags 02-25-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice it (Post 4428969)
I dont think teflon has any properties that would promote durability...

Might stop dirt sticking to the shoe mind...

Puddy 02-28-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 4427791)
Someone said the shoe makes Farting noise after few minutes of wear. IS this True ??

I don't think it's the shoes, Feddy :shock:

curvefan 02-28-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer41c (Post 4428367)
Man I wished I agreed with you all. After 4 pairs of the Res I's I should have bought 10 more before they got replaced with the II's. If I ever wear out the II's I won't be buying another pair. If I don't wear them out, I'll throw them away.

I find the drag on plastic kills my feet. I had the same problem with Nike Cages. If they fit your feet fine, but if they don't they never conform to your foot. The old Res I's were some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, tennis, running or whatever.

I agree with you about the Gel Res 1's.

Most comfortable tennis shoe I have ever wore. I have a few Gel 2's but they don't compare to the 1's as far as comfort, at least in my opinion.

I should have also bought more of the 1's before they stopped selling them.

Anybody ever run across any of the 1's in size 11 1/2, please give me a holler.

Thanks