Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Recommend Some Good Shoes? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=316780)

KaZe 03-09-2010 09:40 AM

Recommend Some Good Shoes?

I'm currently using Babolat Propulse shoes...they're so comfortable but they're getting pretty worn out. I'd like to buy a new pair but have no idea what to go for.
What do you guys wear? I'd just like to put it out there that I like Nike :p

adista4 03-09-2010 10:24 AM

courtballistec 2.3's

AeroBroDrive 03-09-2010 04:25 PM

2.3's forsure.

KaZe 03-09-2010 08:13 PM

Could you guys give me a description on how they feel and all? I read up on a bunch of shoes but i wanted to get some real life feedback about the shoes :).

coyfish 03-09-2010 08:21 PM

Im using the 2.3's and I love them. They break in very fast and have concealed laces so there is nothing that can pinch your toes that many people complain of. The material is this flexible "leathery" stuff that molds to your foot. I have narrow feet that are relatively flat and these shoes work great for me. Also love how the tread on the bottom of the shoe is setup.

Good durability (with 6 month guarantee) and they are on sale right now . . . Great shoe. Only negatives are breathability and weight. Not a heavy shoe but not a light one.

I also liked the asics gel res II's. They took longer to break in and pinched my toe a little bit. They were very light and comfortable after the breakin. These shoes are not for people who burn through shoes though. Low durability for a 100 dollar shoe.

KaZe 03-09-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyfish (Post 4457393)
Im using the 2.3's and I love them. They break in very fast and have concealed laces so there is nothing that can pinch your toes that many people complain of. The material is this flexible "leathery" stuff that molds to your foot. I have narrow feet that are relatively flat and these shoes work great for me. Also love how the tread on the bottom of the shoe is setup.

Good durability (with 6 month guarantee) and they are on sale right now . . . Great shoe. Only negatives are breathability and weight. Not a heavy shoe but not a light one.

I also liked the asics gel res II's. They took longer to break in and pinched my toe a little bit. They were very light and comfortable after the breakin. These shoes are not for people who burn through shoes though. Low durability for a 100 dollar shoe.

The 2.3's sound not too bad right about now. Too bad the weight of the shoe isn't lighter...i wanted something very maneuverable..but then again you can't have the perfect shoe...light and comfortable. The negatives of the 2.3's are probably the worst negatives to have haha.

How are the Asics in general on the court? I've never realy heard about their performance other than for running and track and field and such.

coyfish 03-10-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaZe (Post 4457437)
The 2.3's sound not too bad right about now. Too bad the weight of the shoe isn't lighter...i wanted something very maneuverable..but then again you can't have the perfect shoe...light and comfortable. The negatives of the 2.3's are probably the worst negatives to have haha.

How are the Asics in general on the court? I've never realy heard about their performance other than for running and track and field and such.

Well I am a triathlete. So I run miles with VERY light racer shoes. And I was coming from asics gel res II's which were light for a tennis shoe. The Nike's didn't feel overly heavy or cumbresome at all. I wore my dads addidas barricades and my god. Those things were like strapping bricks to your feet.

The asics are great shoes. Take a little while to breakin but other than the low durability . . . they only get positive reviews.

The Nike's are definately my favorite shoe to date though. Look great, were cheap, and feel the best.

KaZe 03-10-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyfish (Post 4458202)
Well I am a triathlete. So I run miles with VERY light racer shoes. And I was coming from asics gel res II's which were light for a tennis shoe. The Nike's didn't feel overly heavy or cumbresome at all. I wore my dads addidas barricades and my god. Those things were like strapping bricks to your feet.

The asics are great shoes. Take a little while to breakin but other than the low durability . . . they only get positive reviews.

The Nike's are definately my favorite shoe to date though. Look great, were cheap, and feel the best.

Those Gel Res II's sound good indeed..too bad they're not too durable.

Anyone have any reviews for Nike Vapours?

MUZZA1973 03-10-2010 07:38 PM

Hi Kaze,

Appears you and i have the same dilema.I'm also looking at the Resolution 2 along with the Vapour's.

I've read wonderful reviews on both!

Decisions,decisions...

tennis005 03-10-2010 08:57 PM

Wear the 2.3 for 6 months and I guarnatee they'll be lighter.

KaZe 03-11-2010 09:45 PM

The 2.3's are looking good so far. Too bad they're pretty expensive...
Anyone have any reviews for Vapours?