Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Babolat first generation (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=326173)

ericsson 05-04-2010 10:40 AM

Babolat first generation

The last weeks and months i've received quite some mails about the the first Babolats, well here it is.
I know many of you don't think they are classics, well i do and that's why i want it to post here.
I will start with the first "Pure" series developed between 1994 and 1996.
These first generation Babolat rackets were made in Taiwan, Thailand and China.

Babolat Pure Drive
Babolat Pure Control
Babolat Pure Power

ericsson 05-04-2010 10:40 AM

ericsson 05-04-2010 10:46 AM

More to follow...

schu47 05-04-2010 10:58 AM

Ericsson,

You're just the man. I've had this Babolat for a few years, but never been able to figure out where it fit in. I've never seen another one like it, with the flat head. Do you know if this is first generation, or when it might have been made?

Thanks.

ericsson 05-04-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schu47 (Post 4623599)
Ericsson,

You're just the man. I've had this Babolat for a few years, but never been able to figure out where it fit in. I've never seen another one like it, with the flat head. Do you know if this is first generation, or when it might have been made?

Thanks.

Hi, that's the second generation Pure Power with woofer, completely different mold and very powerful.

schu47 05-04-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 4623609)
Hi, that's the second generation Pure Power with woofer, completely different mold and very powerful.

Thanks. I knew I could count on you. That's a great collection. One of my sons plays the Pure Drive GT Plus -- I assume those early Babolats had a much different feel. He certainly didn't like this second generation Pure Power at all.

yuth 05-04-2010 01:35 PM

Wooww. Interesting, for me I love to play with pure control version. It's good in control the ball. I love it because it's box beam frame.

PS: Steve, How are you? I am good in Madison. I love this city.

Yuth

vsbabolat 05-04-2010 01:39 PM

ericsson, have you ever seen one of these?

This is the very first Babolat racquet I ever saw back in 1989. It was for testing cordage....

MarrratSafin 05-04-2010 04:31 PM

Great pics ericsson, first time I've seen that Pure Power. They have the side grommets too! Can you reveal the specs of the Pure Power?:) Btw it's my belief that I actually went into a bidding war with you for couple of first gen PD's most recently.:shock: Only realized that after the auction...:oops:

MethodTennis 05-04-2010 04:35 PM

Wow amazing pics and info ad usual erricson

MethodTennis 05-04-2010 04:43 PM

How have you managed to get a hold of these there like gold dust to find

ericsson 05-04-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 4624010)

VS, i have heard of that racket but actually never saw one, thanks for posting that, very interesting.

ericsson 05-04-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarrratSafin (Post 4624392)
Great pics ericsson, first time I've seen that Pure Power. They have the side grommets too! Can you reveal the specs of the Pure Power?:) Btw it's my belief that I actually went into a bidding war with you for couple of first gen PD's most recently.:shock: Only realized that after the auction...:oops:

Yea they are pretty rare and very hard to find, i will post the specs soon...

flashfire276 05-04-2010 10:04 PM

My coach has the first generation Pure Drive. Why does it feel so great? I mean, I honestly hate the newer Pure Drives. But there's something about this one that feels good.

galain 05-04-2010 11:35 PM

How do they play? Interesting pics - thanks for posting them ericsson.

gpt 05-05-2010 02:28 AM

thanks for great pics and info

coachrick 05-05-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 4624010)

This is the very first Babolat racquet I ever saw back in 1989. It was for testing cordage....

I remember those being mounted on the stringing machines in the Bab booth at the Super Show. Quite a buzz about them, secrecy, rumor, denial, etc. :)

racquetfreak 05-05-2010 02:02 PM

Babolat VS! - leave it to vsbabolat to come up with yet another awesome and rare racquet!

Dave M 05-05-2010 02:14 PM

Lovely frames ericsson, i've been using the "gt" pure drive this last week i just wish they'd remake something like the first one.Suppose they wouldn't sell as well but they were nicer frames.I hoped the 135th frame might be a limited re issue of the first one, sadly no!
Do you have a "soft drive" from that first family? I like the bags too, had the all blue on and still havve the large holdall/soft brief case they've lasted well.

ericsson 05-06-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 4626829)
Lovely frames ericsson, i've been using the "gt" pure drive this last week i just wish they'd remake something like the first one.Suppose they wouldn't sell as well but they were nicer frames.I hoped the 135th frame might be a limited re issue of the first one, sadly no!
Do you have a "soft drive" from that first family? I like the bags too, had the all blue on and still havve the large holdall/soft brief case they've lasted well.

Hi Dave, yea i like the covers and early bags too, so stylish with that double line.
Anyway yes i have the 1ste Soft Drive too, my soft line is coming up but i'm too busy right now so have some patience, also great frames!