Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   tuff day on court for me (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=327983)

markmdfw 05-15-2010 10:28 AM

tuff day on court for me

Hey help help!

Not use to dealing with this type of loss!

I did not bring much to the court today! Lost in a winnable match!

It was doubles, and I was up alot last night in anticipation for the match!

I was not nervous durring the match play! I was playing doubles and I have a tuf time with this loss because I did not play my best and I could play my game due to I would only have one or two chances to do something with the ball and then we would loose the point, the problem was the there was not a ton of pace but I never could get enough time to do something with the ball and they were ranger players long arms and tall so very little wholes and my usually shots and touch were hard because the med pace not killer pace i could get the ball back just not wear I wanted and how I wanted. I also could do pace back and they were find with that .. we loss 6-3, 6-2, my partner was not playing good either, this loss is on my i was playing worse, even though i thought i was the better player!

I did not have my top serve but I did not double fault they just handled it and I was use to getting free points off the #3 level players.

I am small 5-8 with short arms! Never had a chance to use my athletic ability!

We were put at the number one doubles!

any thoughts on what do do when this happens?

decades 05-15-2010 10:35 AM

yeah it's only a tennis match. your issue seems to be mental pressure which doesn't allow your game to just flow. it has to do with the whole fear of failure/success thing. if you didn't care so much you would play much better. focus more on trying to play "right" and stop caring as much about w/l.

OrangePower 05-15-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmdfw (Post 4655019)
Hey help help!

Not use to dealing with this type of loss!

Happens to us all. It never feels good to lose. And it feels even worse when you feel like you didn't play your best and you had a chance to win if you were playing better. But you can't expect yourself to be at your best every single time. So first thing to do is to chill out, and look forward to playing better next time.

In a few days time, you can look back at the match more analytically, and try identify what you could have done better. Then go out and practice some of those things. But don't be too hard on yourself!

markmdfw 05-15-2010 11:12 AM

Yeah thanks, It was nerves or mental pressure, it was a bad day and the herky jerky lack of confidence with myself, my partner I have never played with before! The fact that I did not get a chance to hit many balls like the ones they were hitting at me! Heavy balls and I had trouble deciding on where to hit them and sometimes I had to just block it back! bad idea by the way! I am mad at myself for not changing rackets and sides, in the second set. I really did have a to many chances to get into the rhythm of the match! I did not help my partner and he did not help me! Not much chemistry there! I can think back to Roger Federer the last tournament were he had a bad day! Just did not have the mojo today, at least I might get to play again, if not there is always next season! Thanks for the pats on the back..

bodieq 05-15-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmdfw (Post 4655019)
Hey help help!

Yea, you go home and try to scrub the big "L" off your forehead. Losses happen. Since you felt it was a winnable match...just chalk it up to a bad day. Next week's a new week with new matches to be played.