Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Chattanooga 13K tourney (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=328118)

pgreg 05-16-2010 08:38 AM

Chattanooga 13K tourney

Anybody here playing in that?

chatt_town 05-16-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgreg (Post 4658038)
Anybody here playing in that?

I will....to eat the food of course. :) You can see some great tennis. I don't know about the 13 K though. That sounds good but it's of course based on people entering the tourney. The open division is about the only one where some real cash gets doled out. some great tennis to watch though and you eat real well to. :)

BullDogTennis 05-17-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 4661609)
I will....to eat the food of course. :) You can see some great tennis. I don't know about the 13 K though. That sounds good but it's of course based on people entering the tourney. The open division is about the only one where some real cash gets doled out. some great tennis to watch though and you eat real well to. :)

when is it? and whats the entrance fee and what not? could be fun!

andfor 05-17-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDogTennis (Post 4663528)

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournamen...t.aspx?T=93594

This tournament usually has some SEC and other current D1 players also may have some futures level pros.

BullDogTennis 05-17-2010 04:03 PM

yeaaa. i think ill stay away from that. but i should be back in chatt when this tournament starts and i may have to go check it out.

chatt_town 05-17-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDogTennis (Post 4663528)

I think it's the weekend of the 12th of June. It's aged based so you could get a 5.0 or you could get a 4.0. I think it's like 25 for doubles and 50 for singles or something like that. I'd love to play singles but that's too high so I got a partner and we both pretty much know we are playing for fun. Two 4.0's don't have a chance in hell of winning that especially not at the 35's. :) It's a lot of fun now....you can bet on that.

chatt_town

chatt_town 05-17-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDogTennis (Post 4663995)
yeaaa. i think ill stay away from that. but i should be back in chatt when this tournament starts and i may have to go check it out.

Yea, I forget bro man's name(Robby Poole) or something but he played for Ole Miss and has some great strokes. He won it year before last but some dude from Chili came down here last year and kicked in everyone. Talk about a one hand backhand and floating across the court. Robby could hit with him but he lost all the points. It was ugly from what I remember. yea come on down bro...it'll be fun. It's during the Riverbend to I think. That's something to do when people get their @$$es handed to them in the first round. :) Seems like the open has 64 guys in it every year.

BullDogTennis 05-17-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 4664526)
Yea, I forget bro man's name(Robby Poole) or something but he played for Ole Miss and has some great strokes. He won it year before last but some dude from Chili came down here last year and kicked in everyone. Talk about a one hand backhand and floating across the court. Robby could hit with him but he lost all the points. It was ugly from what I remember. yea come on down bro...it'll be fun. It's during the Riverbend to I think. That's something to do when people get their @$$es handed to them in the first round. :) Seems like the open has 64 guys in it every year.

then i most likely will, i sign an apt lease in early june, and will prob come to riverbend, before i start summer classes in july.

chatt_town 05-18-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDogTennis (Post 4664603)
then i most likely will, i sign an apt lease in early june, and will prob come to riverbend, before i start summer classes in july.

Well good. So you are a youngin. :) you taking up some classes at UTC? The facility is on the river right next to UTC. It's real nice and all clay for the tourney. I think they may have spent something like a million bucks remodeling it. shoot me an email when you get in town at chatt_town2005@yahoo.com. There is an _ between the second and third T. You can probably get a couple of beers while I drink water and we can tell a few lies and what not while we watch these guys play and critique their games & *****. lol

BullDogTennis 05-19-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 4667486)
Well good. So you are a youngin. :) you taking up some classes at UTC? The facility is on the river right next to UTC. It's real nice and all clay for the tourney. I think they may have spent something like a million bucks remodeling it. shoot me an email when you get in town at chatt_town2005@yahoo.com. There is an _ between the second and third T. You can probably get a couple of beers while I drink water and we can tell a few lies and what not while we watch these guys play and critique their games & *****. lol

bahaha, only if you can buy em for me! i am a youngen, i'll on be a sophomore, so i'm only 19! where is this place at? "right on the river next to utc isn't ringing a bell" i woulda thought i would have noticed a 'multi million dollar facility' right next to school! ha

chatt_town 05-23-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDogTennis (Post 4668203)
bahaha, only if you can buy em for me! i am a youngen, i'll on be a sophomore, so i'm only 19! where is this place at? "right on the river next to utc isn't ringing a bell" i woulda thought i would have noticed a 'multi million dollar facility' right next to school! ha

It's litterally on the river right near UTC. If you come out of UTC roundhouse and head toward the river, you'd run smack into the facility before you went into the river. The money is spent on the inside. Now i personally can't see it either but that's what they say and they must have spent quite a few bucks. They are recruiting potential members that haven't been recruited in the past. :) I don't drink so I won't be buying any beer for any youngins. :) They I think give those beers away anyway...at least til their gone. They eat Carrabas as well as other good food.

pgreg 06-03-2010 07:13 AM

Will any former pros be in a tourney like this? (like a scoville jenkins type)

andfor 06-03-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgreg (Post 4723433)

Scoville Jenkins to the best of my knowledge is still trying to play professionally although at the moment he's certainly not tour level. You can look at the tournament website player entry list to see who has entered. At a quick glance I see at least one player with a current ATP ranking and several former and current D1 players entered.

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournamen...px?M=A&T=93594

Rob_C 06-06-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andfor (Post 4723514)
Scoville Jenkins to the best of my knowledge is still trying to play professionally although at the moment he's certainly not tour level. You can look at the tournament website player entry list to see who has entered. At a quick glance I see at least one player with a current ATP ranking and several former and current D1 players entered.

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournamen...px?M=A&T=93594

Scoville Jenkins is in the tourney. Maybe he's getting a little frustrated not making any progress on tour. Maybe he lost some sponsorship and is playing money tournaments to make some dough.

jpr 06-07-2010 08:58 AM

i'm playing. great tourney. open divisions stocked w current & former D1 players.

i'm 4.5 playing 35s singles & doubles against former D1 & tour players. i assume the draw wont be kind. i'll be happy with 6 games. will be fun

andfor 06-07-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_C (Post 4740309)
Scoville Jenkins is in the tourney. Maybe he's getting a little frustrated not making any progress on tour. Maybe he lost some sponsorship and is playing money tournaments to make some dough.

I see UT's JP Smith and Davey Sandgren signed up.

pgreg 06-07-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgreg (Post 4740309)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_C (Post 4740309)
Scoville Jenkins is in the tourney.

Wow, how random is that

BounceHitBounceHit 06-07-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 4664526)

Oscar Bustos, from Chile, perhaps? BHBH

pgreg 06-13-2010 08:14 PM

Definitely the most talent laden tournament I've played in. Scoville lost in the Semi's 6-1 6-1....and the guy that beat him lost 6-2 6-3 in the finals.

BullDogTennis 06-13-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgreg (Post 4763730)
Definitely the most talent laden tournament I've played in. Scoville lost in the Semi's 6-1 6-1....and the guy that beat him lost 6-2 6-3 in the finals.

so who was the guy that won? brian baker....young guy? never heard of him...