Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Bradley Klahn, new NCAA Champion with 135 MPH Lefty serve (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=331974)

Fedace 06-06-2010 02:37 PM

Bradley Klahn, new NCAA Champion with 135 MPH Lefty serve

First congratulations to the new NCAA division 1 singles champion, Bradley Klahn. It was long overdue. but now Brad has developed a 135 mph Lefty serve,,,,he just maybe unbeatable and maybe a top 50 ATP pro material. Brad plans on returning to Stanford for the Junior year. and hopes to get the Wildcard into US open this August. Only 1 task still undone for Brad, NCAA division 1 Team championships for Stanford. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQR8UHNBvjI&NR=1

West Coast Ace 06-06-2010 02:42 PM

Sounds like he should get a wildcard. But with the USTA, who knows? They might give it to famed 5.5 and Academy Award winning actor, Dustin Hoffman...

Why is he staying? Just to win the team title? If he doesn't have some part of his game to work on, he should come out (IMHO)?

Shadow Mix 06-06-2010 02:48 PM

So... that boy threw some kind of a twisting serve at aproximatly 217Km/h, and he threw it right in the line...I always thought that boy would be good and I´ve been watching some of his games, but not that good...definately he has a future in tennis.

PS:top 10 RG speed serves, the lowest was 136Mph, this boy threw 135Mph, omg

Fedace 06-06-2010 07:19 PM

Watch out. We have a new Andy Roddick in town,,,Lefty version that is......

Larrysümmers 06-06-2010 07:36 PM

He should get a WC, I mean the winner last year did. But if he does get a WC, would he be able to still play in school?

Fedace 06-06-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larrysümmers (Post 4739926)
He should get a WC, I mean the winner last year did. But if he does get a WC, would he be able to still play in school?

he will still play for Stanford as long as he remains Amateur. but if he Upsets Federer,,,,it will be difficult not to turn pro.

cmb 06-07-2010 01:19 AM

he should go pro!

GameSetMatch 06-07-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 4738898)
he just maybe unbeatable and maybe a top 50 ATP pro

You've got to be kidding, right?

LeeD 06-07-2010 09:30 AM

Need a little more than good groundies and a 135 lefty serve.
Match experience is the first thing he needs, and not against college kiddes, but against seasoned travelling pros.
Better movement might be nice. A more consistent wide serve/ up the middle ad court flat would be nice.
Some more into the body action.

Fedace 06-07-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 4741846)
Match experience is the first thing he needs, and not against college kiddes, but against seasoned travelling pros.
Better movement might be nice. A more consistent wide serve/ up the middle ad court flat would be nice.

Bradley really deserves the Wildcard into Wimbledon and US open both. and should definitely get into the Davis cup team as 2nd player to Sam Querry.

andfor 06-07-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 4742012)
Bradley really deserves the Wildcard into Wimbledon and US open both. and should definitely get into the Davis cup team as 2nd player to Sam Querry.

This may appear as your way of joking to someone new or not familiar with your many not so excellent Standford predictions. To those of us who have been here a while we know you actually mean this dribble to be true. We also know how much it hurts you to acknowledge John Isner (UGA Bull Dog) as the second player to Querry. Oh wait, lookie there, John Isner is the 1st player on the US Davis Cup team.

ATP World Rankings as of 6/7/10
John Isner #19
Sam Querry #21
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

db379 06-07-2010 11:37 AM

I like your enthusism Fedace, and I agree with you that Brad is one of the very best college players out there, but maybe you're going a bit too fast... Brad has great potential and he has improved a lot over the past year, but I don't think he's ready for the pros. Not yet.

Jakes On A Plane 06-07-2010 12:30 PM

He should just go ahead and try the pro tour. Stanford won't win the team title so there is no point to him staying.

Fedace 06-07-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakes On A Plane (Post 4742538)
He should just go ahead and try the pro tour. Stanford won't win the team title so there is no point to him staying.

Next year, Stanford is supposed to win both Men And Woman team titles. and That is why Brad is returning to the team. When your #1 is this good, you have a good chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49KcM2Sol1A&NR=1

woodrow1029 06-07-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 4741846)

Must be a full moon tonight. I actually completely agree with one of your posts.

jigar 06-07-2010 09:26 PM

I still wouldn't have got it in slow motion. :-)

CitationJet 06-08-2010 08:56 AM

Actually, I've never heard of these "Brian bros" you write of. Who are they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by db379 (Post 4744573)
Ever heard of John Isner, the Brian bros, Tim Mayotte, Johnny Mac, and quite a few more...?

Shadow Mix 06-08-2010 11:45 AM

nş1 world doubles, well Idk if they are anymore, because of RG, I didnt saw any doubles game but I heard they lost in the first games...

cmutennis10 06-09-2010 03:14 PM

I would think Britton taught a lesson to Klahn and that could be a reason he's staying. Britton is a great player, but let's be honest, he played unreal for a week and had no place going pro because couldn't produce that level consistently. Where is he now? 1,269 in the world a year later. I bet someone wishes they stayed in college.

I think Klahn has more of a game than Britton, but to go pro I think you need to say that you are hands down the best player in college tennis. Klahn won NCAAs, but I don't think he can say that he was clearly the best. He lost to Farah three times just this season and Zerbini twice as well. To go pro after your sophomore year, I think you need to have a season that resembles Somdev's last two, where he not only won NCAAs, but had an undefeated regular season. Let me also say Somdev hasn't even cracked the top 100. Klahn is a great player, but he wasn't so dominant all season that he can say he's too good for college tennis. He has the weapons and the game is there, but it needs to be developed more. He may be able to develop playing Futures, but once you're at Stanford you may as well graduate. A Stanford degree carries a lot more weight than one from Ole Miss.

The only way he's winning a match in the Open is if he draws the Kalamazoo winner first round. He's probably playing at the level of someone about 400 in the world now? That would be my guess but it's tough to gauge. If he absolutely dominates next year and wins NCAAs, then he can claim he's too good for college.

I criticized some juniors decisions to go to college in another thread but it seems to be working for Klahn so why not stay?

Kunohara 06-14-2010 07:43 AM

Hah Fedace... *shakes head*