Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Magnetic bracelets? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=332940)

18X20Newbie 06-11-2010 03:22 PM

Magnetic bracelets?

I thought I saw a short thread on this but I don't know what to search on...

What are those bracelets that Mardy Fish is wearing?

Sorry don't know how to post pix, but it's on Yah00.

Thanks!

smiggle 06-11-2010 03:27 PM

power bands

torre_dresen 06-11-2010 04:01 PM

A friend of mine has the same bracelet.
It would help you with your balance... A bunch of b***s*** if you ask me ^^

sonicare 06-11-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torre_dresen (Post 4757523)
A friend of mine has the same bracelet.
It would help you with your balance... A bunch of b***s*** if you ask me ^^

This. / Thread

18X20Newbie 06-11-2010 05:19 PM

Thank you for your comments. Yet I feel compelled to at least look this up and research this new Phiten/Life Force/Titanium/Magnet BS.

Anyone?

pyrokid 06-11-2010 08:44 PM

it's 100% placebo.
If you believe it, it'll work.

sjam316 06-11-2010 09:18 PM

im not sure if its the same thing but i think NBA (basketball) players are also wearing those. i read an article on it, which i cant find right now. to me it sounds like a placebo, apparently it improves balance and endurance.

smiggle 06-11-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjam316 (Post 4758136)
im not sure if its the same thing but i think NBA (basketball) players are also wearing those. i read an article on it, which i cant find right now. to me it sounds like a placebo, apparently it improves balance and endurance.

correct. if i can recall, it is called 'efx hologram'

this is for what i can see, the exact one fish uses.

gino 06-11-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid (Post 4758093)
it's 100% placebo.

Haha I like this post. It could be true though...

nicolaisidek 06-11-2010 11:34 PM

These things are spamming everyone in my place. Some can go up to US$300. Personally, if you believe it works, it works. I don't

15_ounce 06-11-2010 11:41 PM

I think it's powerbalance bracelet. http://www.powerbalance.com/

slice bh compliment 06-11-2010 11:46 PM

It's based upon science. People have lost faith in their blend of superstition and religion....so some smart marketeers are filling that gap with something to believe in.

This is eastern medicine blended with multi-level marketing. So perfect for the 'new age', good for the weekend warrior looking to buy a piece of lifestyle, great for the pseudo athlete who wants to look like a pro who has one, a perfect conversation piece for the conversationally challenged -- it's even cool for the tin foil hat crowd!

The beauty of it isn't what it does, it's what it does for YOU. Not in an empirical sense, but, mysteriously, what it aligns inside each individual. It's like a bio-antenna, and well, there's all kinds of stuff inside you that doesn't always work together perfectly, and this helps your own signals work more efficiently inside you. At least that is what they can claim unofficially. Not sure which ones you guys are talking about, but they all claim something really awesome/epic/amazing and vague like that.

Anyway, just in case you guys find one that's empirically proven to do more than look cool and make a lot of people a lot of money in a pyramid kind of way, let me know!

NLBwell 06-11-2010 11:46 PM

Magnetic insoles in shoes have been shown to improve balance in older people. You can look it up on PubMed. Not sure I would wear a wrist magnet for balance, though, and hadn't heard of this particular type. They have also been shown to speed healing of broken bones, help with diabetic neuropathy, and very strong fields are used to help in treating depression. Studies have found magnetic mattresses helpful in treating fibromyalgia.
Study stuff yourself and don't listen to those with no knowledge of the subject who automatically say it is a placebo effect. Baylor College of Medicine, University of Virginia, and many others have done studies showing positive effects of magnets. Of course, posters here have all the knowledge they need without any study.
I myself essentially had to quit playing tennis about 15 years ago because of my rotator cuff before I started using a MagBoy. I've been playing as much as the rest of my body will let me since then. I've had two people I gave magnets to who the doctors said needed surgery for broken bones who healed quickly enough that they ended up not having the surgeries. They have also seemed to be helpful in fighting depression in my familiy's experience.

nicolaisidek 06-12-2010 03:26 AM

what's a magboy? I've got a broken leg...not sure would it work or not

Ash_Smith 06-12-2010 06:02 AM

It could be a Trion.Z bracelet. Did it have two straps that link together?

Ash

b mathis 06-12-2010 06:47 AM

do you believe

power balance wrist bands , they have been showing up in almost every sporting event, been wearing them for some time now , whats up with the special powers , who knows but I wont take my off , been playing out of my mind , its like "white light meditation"it brings peace ,joy and love in to your life .

gino 06-12-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_Smith (Post 4758695)
It could be a Trion.Z bracelet. Did it have two straps that link together?

Ash

I've seen those at various sporting stores... Kinda cool

dennis1188 06-12-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18X20Newbie (Post 4757661)
Thank you for your comments. Yet I feel compelled to at least look this up and research this new Phiten/Life Force/Titanium/Magnet BS.

Anyone?

I found this info, btw the local shop hands out some adhesive patches w/
some of this mat'l to try but I hvn't yet used it.

"Lleyton wears a special PHITEN necklace, which will be available soon for purchase. The properties in the necklace help enhance circulation, promote relaxation, stabilize energy flow, reduce stress and sooth tension."

bsandy 06-12-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid (Post 4758093)
it's 100% placebo.

Just like about all the racquet technologies since graphite.

. . . Bud

bezs 06-12-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis1188 (Post 4759093)

"Lleyton wears a special PHITEN necklace, which will be available soon for purchase. The properties in the necklace help enhance circulation, promote relaxation, stabilize energy flow, reduce stress and sooth tension."

The one he wears is crazy expensive compared to the other necklaces that phiten has.