Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   First match in 10 years 4-6, 5-7 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=334166)

undertakeress 06-19-2010 07:31 PM

First match in 10 years 4-6, 5-7

Ugh, what a frustrating day... I know I shouldn't expect much being my first match play in 10 years and not being in tennis condition, but I felt I could've done so much better!

Played with a high school coach of a rival high school - he really helped us out. My serve was fine in the first set, but then toward the end of the first set, the consequences of not being in condition set in - rubbery arms and legs, and chills. It was about 85 and sunny out.

We played a lefty girl and a righty guy...I hate playing a lefty! LOL I know, I feel how frustrating it is for rightys to play lefties. Made a stupid decision to receive in the ad court in the first set - my backhand is my strength and I couldn't get anything in with my forehand, especially as the guy had a great kick serve. 2nd set turned around as we switched sides and I didn't miss as many returns.

Serve failed me, but I think it was more because I was exhausted than anything. Definitely didn't give up though, went down fighting. Playing doubles next week as well (Not in singles shape yet!) We did win a few games on my serve though.

Oh well, live and learn, and get in condition!

thejuice 06-19-2010 08:01 PM

I'm a lefty and I agree with you...I hate playing lefties too!!! LOL!!! Seriously, welcome back to the game and good luck to you next week.

EP1998 06-20-2010 02:52 PM

that is a good result for such a long break, good job!

undertakeress 06-24-2010 08:33 PM

Well, I guess I'm playing singles and doubles this weekend. EEK! I dunno how it will go, but just going to dive in head first. Haven't had much time to practice this week either.

SirSweetSpot 06-25-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertakeress (Post 4779838)
Ugh, what a frustrating day... I know I shouldn't expect much being my first match play in 10 years and not being in tennis condition, but I felt I could've done so much better!

Played with a high school coach of a rival high school - he really helped us out. My serve was fine in the first set, but then toward the end of the first set, the consequences of not being in condition set in - rubbery arms and legs, and chills. It was about 85 and sunny out.

We played a lefty girl and a righty guy...I hate playing a lefty! LOL I know, I feel how frustrating it is for rightys to play lefties. Made a stupid decision to receive in the ad court in the first set - my backhand is my strength and I couldn't get anything in with my forehand, especially as the guy had a great kick serve. 2nd set turned around as we switched sides and I didn't miss as many returns.

Serve failed me, but I think it was more because I was exhausted than anything. Definitely didn't give up though, went down fighting. Playing doubles next week as well (Not in singles shape yet!) We did win a few games on my serve though.

Oh well, live and learn, and get in condition!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooookay.