Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Federer "gamesmanship" and Nadal gamesmanship+cheating were not the same. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=335366)

AM95 06-26-2010 12:44 PM

Federer "gamesmanship" and Nadal gamesmanship+cheating were not the same.
 
Why?

Because.

Federer's "gamesmanship" did not involve faking two injuries.

Federer's "gamesmanship" was simply going to the bathroom. He took a long time, yes. But this disrupted his own already poor rhythm, and in-fact, he was broken in his second service game.

The reason Federer won his match at the AO was because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2KD...elated#t=9m50s

its already linked for your conveniece.

That backhand miss was the turning point in the match. Cahill and Gilbert both spoke about it ( i will try to find this)

__________________________________________________ _______________

Lets talk about Nadal and his gamesmanship and cheating:

Nadal called out the trainer at around 5-4 in the third set complaining of pain in his bicep/forearm. Ok, perfectly acceptable. The trainer is waived off because treatment will begin after the end of the set. Ok, that seems fair, doesnt want to distrupt the rhythm of the match.

Nadal calls trainer out at 2-1 with PP serving. This time the "injury" is in his knees. Ok...so which one is it. There is no treatment for the forearm injury and only the knees are treated.

Later we find out later that during the MTO, Nadal is given a silent warning that he needs to stop being coached. Nadal complains and tells his box to stfu.

After the MTO, Nadal breezes through the set and PP can barely get a first serve in

Fifth set, Nadal gets a code violation for illegal on court coaching.

So what do we see from this match. Gamesmanship is ok. Players should be able to overcome it. If Federer did commit gamesmanship, Davy overcame it and broke him but later choked.

Nadal's gamesmanship is fine too, although i dont like it because he does it in every match (fist pump UE, taking extra time between changeovers, serves). However, Nadal literally cheated today. He was caught red-handed and i want nadal-*****, like CMM and babbbete to admit it.

LeoR 06-26-2010 12:49 PM

Do you want a kleenex or something?

Classless thread I find. You are excusing someone who has admitted taking a time out for his own advantage and accusing someone who pulls out of the Davis Cup because he is concerned with his knees.

CMM 06-26-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM95 (Post 4806590)
Nadal literally cheated today. He was caught red-handed and i want nadal-*****, like CMM and babbbete to admit it.



Meh.

AM95 06-26-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoR (Post 4806626)
Do you want a kleenex or something?

Classless thread I find. You are excusing someone who has admitted taking a time out for his own advantage and accusing someone who pulls out of the Davis Cup because he is concerned with his knees.

where has nadal admited this?

only thing i found was this

Quote:

The German questioned Nadal's injury breaks.
"You have to ask him what it was. But I didn't feel any difference afterwards or before. I thought he was moving great. I only could say if I would be injured like this once I would be happy. I don't know. Maybe he had something. Maybe it was just a clever part to take a time-out there."

Nadal denied any gamesmanship.
"I never call the physio when I don't have nothing, not one time in my career," he said. "If I call the physio today, it was because it was bothering me a lot, the knee."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...q0FiwD9GJ6GG80

oh so rafa tell me about the bicep issue that you had?

babbette 06-26-2010 01:13 PM

Man you people are idiots! You've discussed this at lenght in the results section all day now you make your threads in this sections as if your views are facts and you discuss it further at lenght. It is not that freaking serious and seriously I can't imagine anything worst then spending all night here and this discussing what was already said by the same posters in the results section. :roll:

TheNatural 06-26-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM95 (Post 4806590)
Why?

Because.

Federer's "gamesmanship" did not involve faking two injuries.

Federer's "gamesmanship" was simply going to the bathroom. He took a long time, yes. But this disrupted his own already poor rhythm, and in-fact, he was broken in his second service game.

The reason Federer won his match at the AO was because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2KD...elated#t=9m50s

its already linked for your conveniece.

That backhand miss was the turning point in the match. Cahill and Gilbert both spoke about it ( i will try to find this)

__________________________________________________ _______________

Lets talk about Nadal and his gamesmanship and cheating:

Nadal called out the trainer at around 5-4 in the third set complaining of pain in his bicep/forearm. Ok, perfectly acceptable. The trainer is waived off because treatment will begin after the end of the set. Ok, that seems fair, doesnt want to distrupt the rhythm of the match.

Nadal calls trainer out at 2-1 with PP serving. This time the "injury" is in his knees. Ok...so which one is it. There is no treatment for the forearm injury and only the knees are treated.

Later we find out later that during the MTO, Nadal is given a silent warning that he needs to stop being coached. Nadal complains and tells his box to stfu.

After the MTO, Nadal breezes through the set and PP can barely get a first serve in

Fifth set, Nadal gets a code violation for illegal on court coaching.

So what do we see from this match. Gamesmanship is ok. Players should be able to overcome it. If Federer did commit gamesmanship, Davy overcame it and broke him but later choked.

Nadal's gamesmanship is fine too, although i dont like it because he does it in every match (fist pump UE, taking extra time between changeovers, serves). However, Nadal literally cheated today. He was caught red-handed and i want nadal-*****, like CMM and babbbete to admit it.


drakulie 06-26-2010 01:16 PM


AM95 06-26-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babbette (Post 4806752)
Man you people are idiots! You've discussed this at lenght in the results section all day now you make your threads in this sections as if your views are facts and you discuss it further at lenght. It is not that freaking serious and seriously I can't imagine anything worst then spending all night here and this discussing what was already said by the same posters in the results section. :roll:

funy this is, is that if federer did that this entire forum would turn on itself. thats hypocrisy at its finest

tlm 06-26-2010 02:43 PM

Of course it is not the same, it never is. Fed is the god+rafa is the devil.

bolo 06-26-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNatural (Post 4806753)

lol. 10 char. :)

Justdoit10 06-26-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNatural (Post 4806753)

That is the common reaction today by Nadal fans as well.

miyagi 06-26-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlm (Post 4807085)
Of course it is not the same, it never is. Fed is the god+rafa is the devil.

LOL! 10 Chars

Berundi 06-26-2010 02:57 PM

It's pretty clear that Nadal cannot rely on talent alone to win slams, which is why he has to resort to this. He did it at W07 and 08 too.

Rippy 06-26-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berundi (Post 4807124)
It's pretty clear that Nadal cannot rely on talent alone to win slams, which is why he has to resort to this. He did it at W07 and 08 too.

He didn't do it at 07, since he broke his own momentum with that one.

Fedal Position 06-26-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berundi (Post 4807124)
It's pretty clear that Nadal cannot rely on talent alone to win slams, which is why he has to resort to this. He did it at W07 and 08 too.

LMFAO Wow ive never seen this kind of butthurt before

namelessone 06-26-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rippy (Post 4807166)
He didn't do it at 07, since he broke his own momentum with that one.

WB 07, the moment where the MTO master tripped on his own feet:)

You see, what actually happened is that he misinterpreted a tony signal and took the MTO when Fed would be unaffected by it, Federer only gets affected by this on clay and at 5-1. That's why he was crying in the locker room afterwards, he had lost his second WB final because of a misunderstanding with the hand signals.

He cut his own momentum when he should have been cutting Fed's.

dmt 06-26-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berundi (Post 4807124)
It's pretty clear that Nadal cannot rely on talent alone to win slams, which is why he has to resort to this. He did it at W07 and 08 too.

. He has won all 7 of his slams fair and square. At wimbledon 07 the momentum was with nadal before he called his trainer so your argument there is pointless. He has won his 7 majors on his ability alone, sorry if that bothers you.

mindgrinder 06-26-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM95 (Post 4806590)
Why?

Because.

Federer's "gamesmanship" did not involve faking two injuries.

Federer's "gamesmanship" was simply going to the bathroom. He took a long time, yes. But this disrupted his own already poor rhythm, and in-fact, he was broken in his second service game.

The reason Federer won his match at the AO was because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2KD...elated#t=9m50s

its already linked for your conveniece.

That backhand miss was the turning point in the match. Cahill and Gilbert both spoke about it ( i will try to find this)

__________________________________________________ _______________

Lets talk about Nadal and his gamesmanship and cheating:

Nadal called out the trainer at around 5-4 in the third set complaining of pain in his bicep/forearm. Ok, perfectly acceptable. The trainer is waived off because treatment will begin after the end of the set. Ok, that seems fair, doesnt want to distrupt the rhythm of the match.

Nadal calls trainer out at 2-1 with PP serving. This time the "injury" is in his knees. Ok...so which one is it. There is no treatment for the forearm injury and only the knees are treated.

Later we find out later that during the MTO, Nadal is given a silent warning that he needs to stop being coached. Nadal complains and tells his box to stfu.

After the MTO, Nadal breezes through the set and PP can barely get a first serve in

Fifth set, Nadal gets a code violation for illegal on court coaching.

So what do we see from this match. Gamesmanship is ok. Players should be able to overcome it. If Federer did commit gamesmanship, Davy overcame it and broke him but later choked.

Nadal's gamesmanship is fine too, although i dont like it because he does it in every match (fist pump UE, taking extra time between changeovers, serves). However, Nadal literally cheated today. He was caught red-handed and i want nadal-*****, like CMM and babbbete to admit it.

*Warning* ******* in R&D * Run for your lives*

reversef 06-27-2010 12:09 AM

*******s at their best. So much class! Don't you know that Nadal is never injured?

TheTruth 06-27-2010 07:56 AM

Unbelievable!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse