Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Blisters (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=335439)

hfmf 06-26-2010 10:46 PM

Blisters

Hey everyone. I was playing in a tennis tourney Saturday and I ended up playing 5 matches. When I was getting ready to go in the morning, I was GOING to bring more socks, but decided against it. Dumb. I played 5 matches, 3 of em went 3 sets, and my feet were literally squishing in my shoes by the 5th match.

My heels (The socks I DID bring were low rise and had snuck beneath my shoe, leaving my shoe to rub against the skin on the back of my ankle) are blistered. It hurts to wear shoes. I'm working my midnight job right now, getting off at 7 in the morn, and playing after a quick 2 hour power nap.

Tomorrow I have a mixed doubles semi, and hopefully a mixed final. What would you guys suggest I do about my tenderfeet?

Thanks!

stapletonj 06-27-2010 03:49 AM

there are some liquid skin products you can paint on (but the hurt/sting like the devil when they first go on!) Spenco second skin (A gel that is like a slab that you peel the backing off and place over the area) is good too, never tried both but it sounds bad enough that you might want to do that. Then tape your feet up plenty.

I assume the blisters have popped while you were playign and you have the raw skin underneath showing..........

larry10s 06-27-2010 04:06 AM

might try a search in the health and fitness section

West Coast Ace 06-27-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stapletonj (Post 4808587)
there are some liquid skin products you can paint on (but the hurt/sting like the devil when they first go on!)

I use liquid skin - but it doesn't work that fast.

polski 06-28-2010 01:10 PM

I'd try to find a sub. I love tennis, but not that much:)

polski 06-28-2010 01:12 PM

My bad, I didn't catch that you're in a tourney the next day.

Just double up on socks & replace after each match in that situation. There's nothing that can heal a blister that quick. Just get your feet stuffed in your shoes as tight as possible and pray.

Spokewench 06-28-2010 01:17 PM

I have been dealing with blisters for a few weeks; and a day or two of rest will get you going in the right direction and you will have to do this at some point; however, if you need to keep playing cause of tournament issues, use a layer of liquid New Skin, let it dry and then apply a second layer and let it dry. This will help your feet not feel as sore when you play, but like I said you will have to rest for a couple of days before you will really get those blisters to start healing.

pyrokid 06-28-2010 02:32 PM

I know a guy who just tapes his whole feet, like a ninja.
Works for him.
And on my hand when it starts bleeding.

hfmf 06-28-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry10s (Post 4808604)
might try a search in the health and fitness section

Sorry, I didn't mean to put this thread in the wrong section. I hate it when posters do that, and now... I have become that which I hate. Like Darth Vader.

Anyways...

I played the next day and lost in three sets but my feet were fine. I put a HUGE band aid over the blister, taped it up with medical tape (like a ninja), and wore two socks that I didn't have to change cause I lost in one match. Feet are fine and healing now though. Thank you for your help!