Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Europe - English (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tourna Grip Bands / Rubber Rings - replacement for finishing tape, DO YOU SELL THEM ? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=337084)

ClubHoUno 07-05-2010 04:48 PM

Tourna Grip Bands / Rubber Rings - replacement for finishing tape, DO YOU SELL THEM ?

Hey :)

I threw the rubber rings / grip bands I got with all my new racquets out, because at that time I preferred to use finishing tape, but now I found out they actually work - so would like to hear if you will sell these at TW Europe soon :p

Preferably in RED color !!

LINK: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Tour...NIQUE-TGB.html

TWE Staff 07-08-2010 05:25 AM

We could have them in about two weeks.
How many would you need?

Stefan / TWE

ClubHoUno 07-09-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 4849871)
We could have them in about two weeks.
How many would you need?

Stefan / TWE

Just heard that these from Tourna are stiff and not very durable.
Is it possible you could get a ship load of the black ones from Babolat perhaps ?

I would like to buy 10 Babolat in black :)

TWE Staff 07-12-2010 11:38 AM

IŽll check that. But are you sure on this?

Stefan / TWE

Jim1564 07-12-2010 12:00 PM

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth and say I recently bought some of the Tourna bands and they are by far the stiffest such bands I've ever seen. I broke the first one trying to get it on, but managed to get the second one on by slowly and carefully rolling it up the handle. Not recommended. No way I'd ever buy them again. Thanks to this thread, though, I know to keep my eyes out for the Babolat ones.

ClubHoUno 07-13-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 4861315)
IŽll check that. But are you sure on this?

Stefan / TWE

I'm sure Stefan :)

Will order a 220 meter reel of Lux Alu Rough soon anyway, so if the Babolat rubber grip securers could be in the shop at that time, it would be nice :)

TWE Staff 07-13-2010 09:56 PM

IŽll check that with our buyers.

Stefan / TWE

TWE Staff 07-15-2010 10:49 PM

We will order the Babolat Grip Bands on Monday for you guys.
They should be in our Warehouse in about 2 Weeks.

Stefan / TWE

ClubHoUno 07-16-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 4871613)
We will order the Babolat Grip Bands on Monday for you guys.
They should be in our Warehouse in about 2 Weeks.

Stefan / TWE

Thx :) 10char

TWE Staff 07-17-2010 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubHoUno (Post 4854125)
Just heard that these from Tourna are stiff and not very durable.

Actually I searched TalkTennis for such kind of information about Tourna Grip Bands but could not find anything negative. Where do you found that information?

Thanks,

Stefan / TWE

ronalditop 07-17-2010 09:50 AM

Hey CluHoUno, what do you mean when you say you found out they actually work?

ClubHoUno 07-17-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim1564 (Post 4861383)
Just thought I'd add my two cents worth and say I recently bought some of the Tourna bands and they are by far the stiffest such bands I've ever seen. I broke the first one trying to get it on, but managed to get the second one on by slowly and carefully rolling it up the handle. Not recommended. No way I'd ever buy them again. Thanks to this thread, though, I know to keep my eyes out for the Babolat ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 4874636)
Actually I searched TalkTennis for such kind of information about Tourna Grip Bands but could not find anything negative. Where do you found that information?

Thanks,

Stefan / TWE

Stefan, I can't find the original thread, but Jim in the above post confirms what I read in the other post :)

ClubHoUno 07-17-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronalditop (Post 4875151)
Hey CluHoUno, what do you mean when you say you found out they actually work?

The thing is, when I first started to use the grip bands, I actually used them OVER the finishing tape, that came with the overgrip and this was not a good idea, because the finihsing tape is very slippery and smooth, and the grip bands would slip and always end up at the top of the handle thus being a PITA and uselss.

That was until i tried actually using them for what they were made for - finishing tape replacement.

As soon as I skipped using the actual finishing tape, and just used the grip bands, it didn't slip and stayed in place for ever :)

This was how I found out I preferred the grip bands.
Call me an idiot please :oops:

ronalditop 07-17-2010 02:46 PM

Makes perfect sense. I also use them because I have mild OCD and I like to take off my overgrips and wrap them again almost everytime I play, sometimes even in between sets, and if I use finishing tape the overgrip shreds at the top and looks awful.

TWE Staff 07-18-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubHoUno (Post 4875246)
Stefan, I can't find the original thread, but Jim in the above post confirms what I read in the other post :)

Not really. He only used Tourna Grip Bands once. One of them broke.
He apparently has never tried other Grip Bands. I actually do use Grip Bands as well. And I have never noticed any real differences. Not on Prince, Wilson or other racquet company grip Bands. And also not on the ones from Tourna.
As any other products containing rubber they are losing their elasticity, go soft or even break, when they are exposed for a longer to time to sunlight / UV. But thats a common thing, imo. DonŽt you tink?

Stefan / TWE

ClubHoUno 07-21-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 4876642)
He apparently has never tried other Grip Bands. I actually do use Grip Bands as well. And I have never noticed any real differences. Not on Prince, Wilson or other racquet company grip Bands. And also not on the ones from Tourna.
As any other products containing rubber they are losing their elasticity, go soft or even break, when they are exposed for a longer to time to sunlight / UV. But thats a common thing, imo. DonŽt you tink?

Stefan / TWE

Yeahhh maybe so :)

Then please sign me up for 8 of the red Tourna rubber rings !

TWE Staff 07-21-2010 03:42 AM

Well, not red, but... :
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...GB.html?vat=DK

Stefan / TWE

ClubHoUno 08-18-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 4876642)

Stefan / TWE

Here is a thread that confirms what i said - Tourna bands sucks, because they are too tight compared to the Babolat ones, that comes with the racquets:

LINK: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=343071

TWE Staff 08-18-2010 08:59 PM

We will forward this information over to Tourna.

Thanks, Stefan / TWE