Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Victoria Azarenka Racket as 07/31/2010? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=341008)

Buckethead 07-31-2010 11:28 AM

Victoria Azarenka Racket as 07/31/2010?

I don't think her racket is the Extreme model,it looks like more the Prestige line.
Anybody knows what it is?The shape is more to Prestige than to Extreme.

HiroProtagonist 07-31-2010 11:32 AM

Looks like the Extreme to me and not talking about PJ.

MHO.

BobFL 07-31-2010 12:35 PM

It is Liquidmetal for sure. I think it is the Instinct, not sure tho...

Doubles 07-31-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobFL (Post 4910277)
It is Liquidmetal for sure. I think it is the Instinct, not sure tho...

Yep, it's an Instinct...

BobFL 07-31-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 4910287)
Yep, it's an Instinct...

Thanks for the clarification/confirmation! :)

Btw, this is the same racquet and the ridges are clearly visible...

Buckethead 07-31-2010 05:09 PM

I knew it it wasn't Extreme,it just doesn't look like it,very noticeable.

jazar 08-01-2010 09:44 AM

strung for her at wimbledon. liquidmetal instinct. strung with alu power.

gino 08-01-2010 04:02 PM

Youtek Extreme Paint Job

G

thejuice 08-01-2010 06:02 PM

Makes you wonder how many Head pros are using LM and intelligence framees. Was the LM line THAT good? I like the intelligence line myself but didn't fall in love with it as I was transitioning my love to golf when they were out. It seems so many pros using non-Prestige sticks prefer these older versions to the new technology.

BobFL 08-01-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejuice (Post 4912772)
Makes you wonder how many Head pros are using LM and intelligence framees. Was the LM line THAT good? I like the intelligence line myself but didn't fall in love with it as I was transitioning my love to golf when they were out. It seems so many pros using non-Prestige sticks prefer these older versions to the new technology.

Gasquet uses LM Instinct Tour XL too...

Fedace 08-01-2010 06:22 PM

Why is this Liquid metal Instinct so popular ?? Gasquet uses it as well. XL version seem to be the choice of these pros. It has very high SW 333. that is not good

BobFL 08-01-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 4912844)
Why is this Liquid metal Instinct so popular ?? Gasquet uses it as well. XL version seem to be the choice of these pros. It has very high SW 333. that is not good

Well my friend has it and it is a great frame. The standard version was below average for me. HUGE difference between the two. I really liked it on serve! My serve was excellent. Btw, it does not swing that heavy at all (333).

Jaewonnie 08-01-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gino (Post 4912494)
Youtek Extreme Paint Job

G

....genius :p

Fedace 08-01-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobFL (Post 4912962)
Well my friend has it and it is a great frame. The standard version was below average for me. HUGE difference between the two. I really liked it on serve! My serve was excellent. Btw, it does not swing that heavy at all (333).

is it still available somewhere to buy ???

ollinger 08-01-2010 07:18 PM

Easy to see the painted-over LM ridges and elongated (unlike the rounder Extreme) head shape in the photos from Bank of the West.

BobFL 08-01-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedace (Post 4912975)
is it still available somewhere to buy ???

Yes it is :) I have seen them here and on ebaU...

LPShanet 08-02-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejuice (Post 4912772)

It's not the only factor, but one of the reasons for this is simply the timing for when the Liquidmetal frames came out (2003). Pros in their mid-20's now would have started using the Liquidmetal versions in their teens. And we all know how loathe many pros are to switch frames once they're on tour when they don't have to (unless they have a specific aspect of the frame's play they want to change).

That, combined with the fact that the Liquidmetals were the last Head frames to be made in Austria, and that many didn't like the way the Flexpoint series played, meant that Liquidmetal were the most likely Head frames for players of a certain age to have used at a key time in their careers. At that time, Head players, if they weren't already on the Kennelbach pro room program (and therefore using older frames, such as the PT's), would most likely have used the Liquidmetals, and then wouldn't have had many other options worthy of consideration until the MG's came out, and were adopted into the new pro room program.

VSBabolat can speak to this with greater authority, but as far as I know, the Liquidmetal and Flexpoint molds never had as major a presence in the Head pro room, so many of the players who use them are using modified stock frames, rather than custom layups or the like. But the Liquidmetals were available out of the Kennelbach factory, and were the last frames to be part of the Austrian run.

Meriko 08-05-2010 08:57 PM

Just a kind of random question, but are the LM Instinct standard and LM Instinct Tour XL the same mold, or at least similar? When I compare pics of pros racquets( like Gasquet's Tour XL to Azarenka's standard), the head shape, etc. look the same, but am I wrong?

t-swede 08-06-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meriko (Post 4922321)
Just a kind of random question, but are the LM Instinct standard and LM Instinct Tour XL the same mold, or at least similar? When I compare pics of pros racquets( like Gasquet's Tour XL to Azarenka's standard), the head shape, etc. look the same, but am I wrong?

the standard and the xl are not the same mold , standard is 18/19 and the xl is 16/19 drill pattern .

Meriko 08-06-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-swede (Post 4922888)
the standard and the xl are not the same mold , standard is 18/19 and the xl is 16/19 drill pattern .

I knew that, but is that all that is different?