Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   LaserFibre stringing speed (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=3420)

Craig Sheppard 04-17-2004 09:32 PM

LaserFibre stringing speed

This has probably been brought up before, but I don't recall reading about it:

With LaserFibre's unique drop-weight tensioning system that doesn't require you to level the arm, are their machines as fast as a crank machine?

I find myself wasting most of my time tensioning and retensioning the strings to get the proper balance of the weight with my Klippermate. If LaserFibre's machines can be rival a crank for quickness, I'd be inclined to upgrade.

Thanks all,
Craig

hangzhou 04-17-2004 10:11 PM

Craig:

I haven't used other stringing machines before my MS 200 ECO. I am new to stringing also, but with my MS 200 I can finish within one hour now. I am doing polyester two piece job, so it takes time to weave crosses. I haven't strung too many rackets yet, thus I spend extra time just to make sure I don't miss anything. I believe I can get faster once I get enough experience.

Right now I am faster than one of my friend who has an ATS machine for a while for polyester hybriding. How long do you take?

As Tim told me, the speed is not the major advantage of Laserfibre machines. The key is the consistant output, i.e. consistant string bed with right on tension. It's better to go with fixed clamps also.

It will be interesting to know how faster we can go with Laserfibre machines vs crank machines. It will be more intrigue to study the difference on the string beds produced by these types of machines in more scientific way. Has anyone done that before?

cantaloupe 04-17-2004 10:51 PM

all i know is that for speed and consistency nothing beats the babolat star 3. I duy i know can string a racket in 9 mins flat, and strings tournaments

topspin 04-18-2004 12:31 PM

The ms200tt will string as fast if not faster than manual crank machines.

JRW 04-18-2004 05:58 PM

I can string just as fast on my MS200tt as I can on the Star 3 I use at work(10-12 minutes for most racquets). FYI- I prefer to string my own racquets on the Laserfibre.

bendover 04-18-2004 08:48 PM

LOL, i have a gamma progression takes me 45 w/out TV on and hour and 20 min w/ TV on :)

Progressive10s 04-19-2004 07:53 AM

JRW

JRW,

I gather that you must really like the consistent results with the MS200 TT to use that instead of the Star 3.

JRW 04-20-2004 04:17 AM

"JRW,

I gather that you must really like the consistent results with the MS200 TT to use that instead of the Star 3."

Yes, but the main reason is the mounting system. While the Star 3's mounting is a little quicker I don't feel it is quite as supportive/safe as the LF's which is more important than saving a few seconds on a string job.

prince 04-20-2004 07:27 PM

i do familiar racquets at 45 to 50 minutes.

for harder frame jobs with hard to do strings or gut - i take my time up to 1 hour 20 minutes.