Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   One Handed Backhand vs Two Handed Backhand (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=344778)

Dechizen 08-23-2010 06:51 PM

One Handed Backhand vs Two Handed Backhand
 
Which backhand is better?

drakulie 08-23-2010 06:57 PM

Ahh, I see my favorite TV show on TW talk Tennis Tips and Instructions is on. Let me pull up my seat for the show:


Manus Domini 08-23-2010 06:58 PM

Definitely the One-Hand, much more elegant and precise. Also enables more natural slicing and net-play imo

Dechizen 08-23-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manus Domini (Post 4981723)
Definitely the One-Hand, much more elegant and precise. Also enables more natural slicing and net-play imo

agree on everything except for the precise part, isn't the two hander better for control because your using two hands???

DevilsChildXD 08-23-2010 07:13 PM

I personally like the 2hb and im currently learning it but the 1hb is really nice too its just sometimes hard to get set up correctly. Oh and im learning 2hb for serve returns using just 1hb for serve returns can get a little frustrating lol but both is good just depends on your own personally refrences so go out and try both of them =)

GetBetterer 08-23-2010 08:30 PM

Let's stop this thread right here before we get Ultra2HolyGrail in here...

And for those of you who don't know him...apparently you haven't heard...






















































darthpwner 08-23-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetBetterer (Post 4981942)
Let's stop this thread right here before we get Ultra2HolyGrail in here...

And for those of you who don't know him...apparently you haven't heard...





















































That a bird bird bird, bird bird's the word.

darthpwner 08-23-2010 09:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

nomie 08-23-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dechizen (Post 4981711)
Which backhand is better?

You did not complete your question? Better at what?

Blake0 08-23-2010 09:38 PM

They have their ups and downs. It just depends on what suits your game/your ideal game more.

GuyClinch 08-23-2010 10:25 PM

Personally I think the one hander is the more entertaining shot to hit. Its really delicious to hit a nice one hand backhand for some reason.

That being said the two hander is probably the way to go. Why? it just seems more people can hit them better. Its much like slice shots.

Sure slice forehands/backhands can be powerful weapons but most people can't hit slice well enough to make that work.

boojay 08-24-2010 11:02 AM

Everyone knows the one-legged backfoot is the superior stroke. It's only weakness is when the ball comes over, otherwise it is flawless.

LeeD 08-24-2010 11:07 AM

Chicken or the egg?
Immaculate conception.
Why are we here?
To be, or not to be.

Kunohara 08-24-2010 11:08 AM

There's a reason the 2HBH is widely more used than the 1HBH in today's tennis: it is a more consistent shot.

LeeD 08-24-2010 11:13 AM

Bingo, you are WRONG again.
The reason the 2hbh is used more often in pro tennis is because all the little kids who were learning tennis as little kids could not swing a 1hbh with control and power.
As the little kids grew up, they stuck with their 2hbh's, not changing to 1hbh like Sampras.
Just like they stuck with their baseline game, choosing not to come to net unless forced to move forwards.
Why adopt anything new, have to relearn new things, when what you're already doing sorta works. Works for #1 anyways.

rk_sports 08-24-2010 01:03 PM

I use SHB, so goes my vote :)

ok, so topspin being the focus..

SHB - Positives:
-- is more effective to create more options
-- looks better (obviously that's a biased view)
SHB - Negatives:
-- may require longer learning curve
-- high jumping/kicking balls are hard to deal

DBH -- Positves:
-- Stable
-- can tackle most types of ball (incl. jumping/kicking balls)
DBH -- Negatives:
-- Requires more running to get in position (though this could be debatable)
-- not as cool as SHB (again ;) )

darthpwner 08-24-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sports (Post 4983582)
I use SHB, so goes my vote :)

ok, so topspin being the focus..

SHB - Positives:
-- is more effective to create more options
-- looks better (obviously that's a biased view)
SHB - Negatives:
-- may require longer learning curve
-- high jumping/kicking balls are hard to deal

DBH -- Positves:
-- Stable
-- can tackle most types of ball (incl. jumping/kicking balls)
DBH -- Negatives:
-- Requires more running to get in position (though this could be debatable)
-- not as cool as SHB (again ;) )

I think two handed backhands are cuter...and I have a one handed backhand 0.o

Fugazi 08-24-2010 01:20 PM

Just imagine how good Sampras would have been with Agassi's or Safin's 2HB...

Fugazi 08-24-2010 01:22 PM

Even Federer, who has a more than decent 1HB, would probably have been better off with a solid 2HB. Maybe his slice and BH volley wouldn't have been has good though... Hard to tell.

rk_sports 08-24-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthpwner (Post 4983592)
I think two handed backhands are cuter...and I have a one handed backhand 0.o

Talking about cute.. I agree about that for women...somehow girls with SHB is not cute ;)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse