Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rogerís BLX90 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=347886)

Fabfed 09-11-2010 12:47 AM

Rogerís BLX90

Finally got hold of Rogerís actual, match-used BLX90! I will, as usual, post as many close-up and comparison pics (with my Roger K90s and the retail K90s and BLX90s) as possible, and also weigh it of course. Feel free to ask me anything, I will do what I can as long as it doesnít risk damaging the stick (you know my rules). Give me a bit of time to post the pics and respond to any queries as I will be tied up for much of next week, but I promise to get most of the pics up by next weekend. At this point, I also want to say thanks to posters like VGP, Yonie, JoelDali, Breakpoint, aimr75, Ericsson, TMCW140, drakulie, RFRF, Samster, Rabbit, MichaelChang, Jollyroger, Six.One.Tour.90FAN, Gino, Kenny022593 (where are you buddy?) and several others for making it worthwhile posting on these boards.....sorry about that, didnít mean to make it sound like an awards thank you speech :) Anyway, will come back soon with more pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lidoazndiabloboi 09-11-2010 01:08 AM

very nice FabFed!!!
how did you manage to obtain Fed's racquet?

2Hare 09-11-2010 01:08 AM

Wow lucky you! Thanks for sharing =)

Could you help us find out if it's really BLX by perhaps tapping on the racquet with a pen or something and compare that sound with K90? The difference maybe small though. But I think that's the safest way to determine if they are the same racquet.

jchl97 09-11-2010 01:51 AM

Try going with the retail version of the BLX90 and compare it with this one. And by the way congrats! You actually got his signed, match-use racket! And by how I would ask?

ericsson 09-11-2010 01:59 AM

Great stuff Fabfed, please post more, specs etc...

ps: do you know where the racket was used? from the sticker...

Automatix 09-11-2010 02:42 AM

FabFed does it again! GREAT STUFF! :)

origmarm 09-11-2010 03:45 AM

Thanks for posting again FabFed. Another win for a good cause also no doubt :)...

Cheers, Orig

geese_com 09-11-2010 04:22 AM

Awesome FabFed! Keep the info coming. Thanks again for posting these.

Fabfed 09-11-2010 06:56 AM

Here are a few more pics, will post the rest next week.

Fabfed 09-11-2010 07:15 AM

Got it from a charity auction, same as the K90s.

himynameisNIKE 09-11-2010 07:17 AM

thats so cool! 8)

Fabfed 09-11-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 5043038)
Great stuff Fabfed, please post more, specs etc...

ps: do you know where the racket was used? from the sticker...

Hey ericsson, the sticker only indicates the tension (I think) not the tournament where it was used, but I was told it was used at this year's Wimbledon.

safe 09-11-2010 07:31 AM

At Wimbledon.. No way you are amazing guy :) I want to know(if it possible) to know how much that racket?

samster 09-11-2010 08:00 AM

Glad to see you are back, Fabfed!

Pioneer 09-11-2010 11:05 AM

Wohoooooo. So is it a BLX6.1 mold?

larlarbd 09-11-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabfed (Post 5043340)
Hey ericsson, the sticker only indicates the tension (I think) not the tournament where it was used, but I was told it was used at this year's Wimbledon.

Wimbledon ? That's a Great man ... Once Again Thanks for sharing the Pics. I'm always interested to see real gear & the nifty details ... Your collection is amazing - as amazing as your willingness to show us these pics. That's some class man.

Is there anyway to know if this one is from the Finals ? ( if it was strung on Monday ...probably quarters , what'd recon ? ) That'd make this even more interesting...

himynameisNIKE 09-11-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larlarbd (Post 5044000)
Wimbledon ? That's a Great man ... Once Again Thanks for sharing the Pics. I'm always interested to see real gear & the nifty details ... Your collection is amazing - as amazing as your willingness to show us these pics. That's some class man.

Is there anyway to know if this one is from the Finals ? ( if it was strung on Monday ...probably quarters , what'd recon ? ) That'd make this even more interesting...

:confused: roger didnt make it to the finals LOL

pistolTY 09-11-2010 12:03 PM

I'll tell you guys something there's no way Federer would put up an actual racket of his own because the actual racket he uses is not the one you can buy in the shops. I know this because I know the guy who was given your auction racket to string up and hit with to make it look used. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news hope you didn't pay too much.

Seth 09-11-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolTY (Post 5044410)
I'll tell you guys something there's no way Federer would put up an actual racket of his own because the actual racket he uses is not the one you can buy in the shops. I know this because I know the guy who was given your auction racket to string up and hit with to make it look used. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news hope you didn't pay too much.

Lol, get real.

pyrokid 09-11-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolTY (Post 5044410)

Yeah, Roddick has no problem just tossing three of his racquets to the crowd, but Federer, who uses a racquet even closer to the retail version of the stick than Andy does has to switch them out before auctioning them off for charity.