Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather, Jr. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=349355)

aceX 09-19-2010 05:03 PM

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

This is the fight we all want, and wtf, Mayweather might be going to jail?

Who thinks this fight will ever happen?

rommil 09-19-2010 05:36 PM

All Mayweather father and son have shown so far is that you can have money but still be classless ignorant lowlives. If this fight happens at all, hopefully Manny will beat up Floyd he should have remained ******** .......I mean retired.

aceX 09-19-2010 05:43 PM

That Mosley fight was dodgy. Seemed like Mosley could have finished Mayweather early on.

aceX 09-19-2010 06:45 PM

Floyd Mayweather Faces Jail Time with 8 Charges

Floyd Mayweather faces up to 28 years in prison after he was just slapped with 8 charges.

The Floyd Mayweather saga continues. It was just announced that boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been charged with eight different crimes including robbery and domestic battery stemming from an incident last week involving his ex-girlfriend Ė and mother of three of his children Ė Josie Harris.

More

tin 09-19-2010 07:24 PM

I want to see this match for sure...and hope Manny beats up Floyd..=p

SuperFly 09-19-2010 07:42 PM

I would love to see it, but Mayweather's never going to agree to it. He's so scared of Pac that he's going to prison :lol:

But in all seriousness, Pac is the pound-for-pound best and Mayweather isn't going to prove me wrong.

Hot Sauce 09-20-2010 12:55 AM

Mayweather takes it, easily.

aceX 09-20-2010 01:15 AM

Mayweather is managing to dodge the fight as well as he dodges punches in the ring

Hot Sauce 09-20-2010 02:03 AM

Mayweather being afraid of Pac? Comical.

Pactards will never give Floyd any credit. The guy just beat Sugar Shane Mosley, far better than anyone Pac has ever faced.

aceX 09-20-2010 02:18 AM

Hey, all credit to Floyd. He beat Marquez who basically beat Pac twice. I'm not saying that Floyd isn't a great fighter, but I want to see this fight! Pac seems keen to fight, but I haven't seen that same level of enthusiasm from Floyd. Mosley is great, but he's not exactly in his prime. If Floyd goes to jail and never has another fight, everyone will always wonder "what if". Sure on both sides there will be people who would say "Floyd would have won for sure" or "Pac would have won for sure".

But I don't have any respect for fighter who beats a woman.

aceX 09-20-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Foreman
Well itís one of those fights that I hope never happens because Pacquiao doesnít need Mayweather in his life. Itíll be one of those life changing experiences for Pacquiao, especially. For instance, I didnít have to fight Muhammad Ali. I really didnít have to take that fight. I took the fight and it turned into more than just a boxing match. It became a political statement, one way and the other, and today weíre great friends but if I had to do it over again, because of all the other sprinkling on the pies, I never would have taken part in such a fight. I think Pacquiao had a nice name. Mayweather started to slander him, say things like he was taking drugs. When you start running into people like that, itís best that you stay away from them. Itís not even necessary to even have them in your life. But if the fight does take place, I think that Pacquiao wins because heís got the momentum, he has a real trainer, and heís willing to take the fight. Heíd probably beat Mayweather, probably. Not to say Mayweather isnít a wonderful fighter. He is the best fighter Iíve ever seen in my life, but he canít beat Pacquiao because there is something else going on in that fight business. Not the Xís and the Oís, but thereís something else.

Full interview

tin 09-20-2010 02:27 AM

Speaking of, I saw Freddie Roach last night!!!hahah

jerriy 09-20-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFly (Post 5068658)
I would love to see it, but Mayweather's never going to agree to it. He's so scared of Pac that he's going to prison :lol:

Haha!

But seriously. Why would Mayweather want to avoid Pac if he's the more likely winner (bookmakers favorite)?

Me thinks it is Manny who might have a need to avoid Floyd. Or more specifically "Pac inc" might have a need (since Manny is more dependent on endorsements and by avoiding defeat Manny can avoid being potentially less market-friendly)

rommil 09-20-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Sauce (Post 5068950)
Mayweather takes it, easily.

The beating, you mean..................

aceX 09-20-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerriy (Post 5069038)
Haha!

But seriously. Why would Mayweather want to avoid Pac if he's the more likely winner (bookmakers favorite)?

George Foreman begs to differ

TheJRK 09-20-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceX (Post 5069017)
Hey, all credit to Floyd. He beat Marquez who basically beat Pac twice. I'm not saying that Floyd isn't a great fighter, but I want to see this fight! Pac seems keen to fight, but I haven't seen that same level of enthusiasm from Floyd. Mosley is great, but he's not exactly in his prime...

Exactly. Mayweather fought an old, out of his prime Mosley. Early on in his career Mosley called Floyd out several times but Mayweather dodged him like the plague.

SuperFly 09-20-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerriy (Post 5069038)
Haha!

Me thinks it is Manny who might have a need to avoid Floyd. Or more specifically "Pac inc" might have a need (since Manny is more dependent on endorsements and by avoiding defeat Manny can avoid being potentially less market-friendly)

But Pac is just such an easy person to like. He's a monster in the ring, a gentleman off it and he's even a freaking congressman in the Phillipines. I'm pretty sure Nike could think up some advertisements even if he were to lose against Floyd.

GoodSamaritan 09-20-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJRK (Post 5070170)
Exactly. Mayweather fought an old, out of his prime Mosley. Early on in his career Mosley called Floyd out several times but Mayweather dodged him like the plague.

Actually Mosley dodged Mayweather a couple times

aceX 09-20-2010 07:02 PM

Even then Mosley nearly knocked out Mayweather in the second round. Mosley never went in for the kill, though =/

Spin-A-Lot 09-21-2010 03:32 AM

Unfortunately this fight will never happen...Floyd will never take second billing to Pacman...and besides, it'll be a boring one anway since Floyd will just be running away from Pacman in the ring ;)