Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Stringing Techniques/Machines Sticky [Consolidated] (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=349814)

diredesire 09-22-2010 03:12 PM

Stringing Techniques/Machines Sticky [Consolidated]
 
Looks like with the recent reorganization, it's going to start making a lot more sense to consolidate a few of the stickies into one thread. Please reply with other suggestions that you feel should be included. These are woefully out of date at this point!

YULitle Guide to String Tools

Mansewerz's Guide to Buying Stringing Machines

Stringing Machine Photo Project

YouTube "How To" Videos

Mains/Crosses broke.. can I keep the other?

Weave your crosses faster, by Irvin


Thread on the physics of a dropweight tensioner

Starting your mains, courtesy of Irvin.

Top stringing Tips

Irvin 11-16-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 5074906)
Please reply with other suggestions that you feel should be included.

'diredesire' how about adding this thread?

Weave your crosses faster

Irvin

diredesire 11-16-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 5188937)
'diredesire' how about adding this thread?

Weave your crosses faster

Irvin

Done, keep the suggestions coming, people. I'll eventually get around to completely revamping these stickies, but it's very low on my to do list :)

VGP 12-23-2010 10:17 AM

diredesire - how about the thread on the physics of a dropweight tensioner?

diredesire 12-23-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGP (Post 5272909)

Very Good Post, VGP. Added to the sticky.

beernutz 01-31-2011 06:15 PM

If no one objects, I'd like to add Irwin's videos to the sticky:

"I just created a couple of videos for starting your mains. Here is one if you have fixed clamps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HARPkXL6UyA

And here is another with flying or floating clamps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGo9X22vqGs

Irvin"

diredesire 01-31-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beernutz (Post 5390405)
If no one objects, I'd like to add Irwin's videos to the sticky:

"I just created a couple of videos for starting your mains. Here is one if you have fixed clamps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HARPkXL6UyA

And here is another with flying or floating clamps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGo9X22vqGs

Irvin"

Hey, do you have a direct link to the thread which this came from?

Thanks,
DD

beernutz 02-02-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 5390889)
Hey, do you have a direct link to the thread which this came from?

Thanks,
DD

Here you go:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...81#post5199981

diredesire 02-03-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beernutz (Post 5395023)

Done, thanks.

Irvin 02-04-2011 02:04 AM

DD you may want to change the titlle of the last video to starting you MAINS not crosses. Thank you 'beernutz'

Irvin

dancraig 02-13-2011 09:00 PM

__________

diredesire 02-14-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 5398320)
DD you may want to change the titlle of the last video to starting you MAINS not crosses. Thank you 'beernutz'

Irvin

Thanks! got it.

GlenK 03-21-2011 08:49 AM

This thread is awesome. Been playing tennis for years but just got into stringing. This thread is perfect for a newbie like me.
I have a lot to learn..

eliza 06-17-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlenK (Post 5508325)
This thread is awesome. Been playing tennis for years but just got into stringing. This thread is perfect for a newbie like me.
I have a lot to learn..

Ditto.
Thank you all of you, I do not know whether you realize it, but your efforts are truly appreciated!!!

When you are done with this project, may I suggest you another?
There is so much fighting over methods of teaching tennis, but I think debate is positive. Why not consolidating interesting threads, saving useful info and "cleaning"the nonsense?

XOXOXO

diredesire 06-17-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliza (Post 5753999)
Ditto.
Thank you all of you, I do not know whether you realize it, but your efforts are truly appreciated!!!

When you are done with this project, may I suggest you another?
There is so much fighting over methods of teaching tennis, but I think debate is positive. Why not consolidating interesting threads, saving useful info and "cleaning"the nonsense?

XOXOXO

I'm up for requests, I think debate is healthy, as well. Unfortunately, backers of various methods tend to fight and get personal. If you have ideas as to what you'd like to see in a sticky, feel free to e-mail me!

mixedmedia 03-04-2012 10:34 AM

Great consolidation. It was very helpful.

BlxTennis 03-13-2012 09:38 PM

Hi Irvin,

I got a question on one of the ways to start the main with fixed clamp. You pulled both mains and then clamped down one of the mains with a fixed clamp, then you loose both tensions and hand pulled one of the main string so that the fixed clamp stay at level with the main string before pulling with the machine. My question is , can you not just clamp one of the 2 main strings and then pull it with you hand to get the fixed clamp at level and then pull 60lbs with the machine?

diredesire 03-13-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlxTennis (Post 6389759)
Hi Irvin,

I got a question on one of the ways to start the main with fixed clamp. You pulled both mains and then clamped down one of the mains with a fixed clamp, then you loose both tensions and hand pulled one of the main string so that the fixed clamp stay at level with the main string before pulling with the machine. My question is , can you not just clamp one of the 2 main strings and then pull it with you hand to get the fixed clamp at level and then pull 60lbs with the machine?

Hey, you should start a new thread in the subforum with specific questions to members, this post is reserved for sticky topics :)

eddie.tan 04-16-2014 05:04 PM

Final racquet string tension
 
Can anyone advise whether the main string tension should be set higher than the cross or the other way round during stringing. Should the main string tension increase once the cross string is strung across the main. I am using the Eagnas flex 940 stringing machine and I've notice when I set the tension at 40lbs for the main string and 37lbs on the cross. Final tension I've measured on the main is 55lbs. Is there anything wrong? I hope someone can assist.

djNEiGht 04-16-2014 05:18 PM

What did you use to measure final tension?

IMO those items that measure tension are most helpful with measuring tension loss and not as good as giving final tension off the stringer.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse