Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Now that Rants and Raves is gone... suggestion for TW (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=350088)

fed_the_savior 09-24-2010 08:31 PM

Now that Rants and Raves is gone... suggestion for TW

I think posts in Odds and Ends should count in the post total. We don't have people spamming like in R&R.

GregOz 09-24-2010 10:06 PM

I think your signature indicates why we should do away with post count altogether. It's a totally irrelevant statistic that does nothing more than attract people who have nothing valuable to contribute but get off on having some meaningless recognition attached to the rubbish they post.

fed_the_savior 09-24-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregOz (Post 5079504)
I think your signature indicates why we should do away with post count altogether. It's a totally irrelevant statistic that does nothing more than attract people who have nothing valuable to contribute but get off on having some meaningless recognition attached to the rubbish they post.

I've worked really hard to produce quality posts. :cry: I think Odd and Ends has had some higher quality posts than General Pro Player.

Plus, what's wrong with having a goal in life... every tennis player wants to be a level higher. Sure, spammers are gonna spam, but everything is meaningless recognition if you really want to be cynical.

If you want to pick on someone, why me? I don't have over 10k posts like a lot of '***** do.

HiroProtagonist 09-25-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fed_the_savior (Post 5079521)
I've worked really hard to produce quality posts. :cry: I think Odd and Ends has had some higher quality posts than General Pro Player.

Plus, what's wrong with having a goal in life... every tennis player wants to be a level higher. Sure, spammers are gonna spam, but everything is meaningless recognition if you really want to be cynical.

If you want to pick on someone, why me? I don't have over 10k posts like a lot of '***** do.

I could not agree more Pro Player Discussion is a complete cesspool and is one huge ugly running joke about who can make the more ridiculous thread and the self appointed trolls that dont get it and try to tell them(yes some lolz are to be had) how ridiculous it is. Odds and Ends is far more enriching to the TTW community, GPP is valuable only in the fact that it keeps *******s and Nadalcoholics mostly distracted and thus other boards are all the better for it. Just my 2 cents :)

fed_the_savior 09-25-2010 12:53 AM

:arrow: Right on, Hiro. Posts in General Pro Player shouldn't count! :)

ollinger 09-25-2010 08:57 AM

A high post count is an embarassment that you should want to avoid. It signals others that you have no life. I wish I knew how to reduce mine. Perhaps posts in Bartelby threads could have a negative value.

Legend of Borg 09-25-2010 09:02 AM

I wonder if other tennis boards have similar problems as ours like troll threads, spamming and a single user trolling under multiple accounts. I think I'll go visit ATP Men's tennis forums for a while.

Bartelby 09-27-2010 07:40 AM

No. They get double points. You need to stop listening to the Koch brothers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 5080020)
A high post count is an embarassment that you should want to avoid. It signals others that you have no life. I wish I knew how to reduce mine. Perhaps posts in Bartelby threads could have a negative value.

magogami 09-30-2010 07:45 AM

I thought it was bad that my post count was so low... Like I'm not experienced/advanced enough. But I guess it's actually a good thing!

scotus 09-30-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 5080020)

Priceless! :)

Bartelby 09-30-2010 09:19 PM

Yes, I agree, completely without any value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotus (Post 5090304)
Priceless! :)