Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   UK TT racquetaholics and tennis bums (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=353491)

Dave M 10-19-2010 04:57 AM

UK TT racquetaholics and tennis bums

is gone, so we've set up one here if you wish to trade etc have a look here :
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125949967458392
so we can continue to discuss exchange ideas etc without anyone getting in trouble or getting banned..
Just click and join the group.
Oh and bring the polar bear pics with you!!!
Remember people no for sale posts on here but we could maybe let the chaps know that it' be nice to have a UK & euro page that we can easilly look at.

StJamm 10-19-2010 04:59 AM

I asked this in the Football thread: exactly where has the thread disappeared to, and why?

origmarm 10-19-2010 05:05 AM

It's gone??? Why?

Dave M 10-19-2010 05:34 AM

I don't know but as all the others are here i'd imagine some sort of policy breach?
Maybe........

NolemurraY 10-19-2010 05:39 AM

I thought it was just me being stupid this morning when I was looking for this thread. Obviously not......

forthegame 10-19-2010 05:59 AM

What?? Looked at my subscriptions and thought there must have been some mistake.

Can someone tell us why it's gone?

forthegame 10-19-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 5131387)
I on't know but as all the others are here i'd imagine some sort of policy breach?

Policy breach? There were no warnings!

Kam2010 10-19-2010 06:04 AM

If it was a policy breach then a warning should of been given, not delete the damn thread. Anyone noticed any other threads that have dissapeared?

baseline_monster 10-19-2010 06:18 AM

That is very gay!! One of the happiest threads here, everyone gets on and has a laff. Very harsh

mTm28 10-19-2010 06:44 AM

Well this sucks... Do you think it was because we were selling stuff between ourselves??

TW Staff 10-19-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam2010 (Post 5131424)
If it was a policy breach then a warning should of been given, not delete the damn thread. Anyone noticed any other threads that have dissapeared?

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseline_monster (Post 5131434)
That is very gay!! One of the happiest threads here, everyone gets on and has a laff. Very harsh

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthegame (Post 5131420)
Policy breach? There were no warnings!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mTm28 (Post 5131471)
Well this sucks... Do you think it was because we were selling stuff between ourselves??

Come on guys. This is NOT the classifieds. Many of you used that thread to buy and sell, with no moderation. It had become increasingly abused, and we do not have the time to continually delete posts clearly breaking policy. The thread will not be cleaned up nor restored. If you want to continue this thread, that is fine, but any users trying to buy or sell product will be permanently banned. There's your warning.

Spencer, TW.

baseline_monster 10-19-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 5131546)
Come on guys. This is NOT the classifieds. Many of you are used that thread to buy and sell, with no moderation. It has become increasingly abused, and we do not have the time to continually delete posts clearly breaking policy. The thread will not be cleaned up nor restored. If you want to continue this thread, that is fine, but any users trying to buy or sell product will be permanently banned. There's your warning.

Spencer, TW.

Fair do's, thanks for the response. Would it be possible to have a either a UK or Europe classified section as the main on is 90% American and hard for us to deal? I'm just throwing and idea out there TW. Take it easy

TW Staff 10-19-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseline_monster (Post 5131553)
Fair do's, thanks for the response. Would it be possible to have a either a UK or Europe classified section as the main on is 90% American and hard for us to deal? I'm just throwing and idea out there TW. Take it easy

I understand the concern, and it has been discussed with TW Europe. We just haven't worked out any logistics. I'll bring it to the table again, and see where we can go with it.

Spencer, TW.

StJamm 10-19-2010 07:40 AM

Thanks Spencer, that clears the issue up. And I would also like to voice my support for an EU buy/sell section - the previous thread was the only real way to efficiently buy and sell UK based items as they are too easily lost in the worldwide buy/sell section.

Dave M - this thread will likely build up some steam again and new UK users may not be aware of the breach of policy that was carried out in the previous thread. Therefore it may be a good idea to insert some form of notice (i.e Trading NOT Allowed or NO Commercial Posts) in either the thread title or your initial post.

baseline_monster 10-19-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StJamm (Post 5131588)
Thanks Spencer, that clears the issue up. And I would also like to voice my support for an EU buy/sell section - the previous thread was the only real way to efficiently buy and sell UK based items as they are too easily lost in the worldwide buy/sell section.

Dave M - this thread will likely build up some steam again and new UK users may not be aware of the breach of policy that was carried out in the previous thread. Therefore it may be a good idea to insert some form of notice (i.e Trading NOT Allowed or NO Commercial Posts) in either the thread title or your initial post.

Good thinking. Then us who come on here often can help police it lol. We can just use the facebook group anyway.

origmarm 10-19-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StJamm (Post 5131588)

Second this. It's a pity to see a lot of the discussions lost but understand the deletion now. Pity as it was very useful and the F/S section is basically useless if you are in the UK.

Orig

Kam2010 10-19-2010 08:49 AM

Personally I dont think it should have been deleted, only the post should of been deleted and them noticed should of been given and a thread so everyone in odds and ends can see that says no selling/trading etc..

Now its done please TW but a notice up as people have rightly said new members will not know no selling etc in odds and ends.

I also agree with the idea for a fs/ft trade section for europe,

Dave M 10-19-2010 08:55 AM

I don't seem to be able to add to the title but i've added to the first post, if there is a way of changing the title someone let me know!

StJamm 10-19-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam2010 (Post 5131721)
Personally I dont think it should have been deleted, only the post should of been deleted and them noticed should of been given and a thread so everyone in odds and ends can see that says no selling/trading etc..

Now its done please TW but a notice up as people have rightly said new members will not know no selling etc in odds and ends.

I also agree with the idea for a fs/ft trade section for europe,

Firstly, TT is a free service so I don't think it is right of us to expect the staff to spend hours of their time pouring through thousands of posts.

Secondly, TWs rules on posting items for sale in sections other than For Sale/For Trade are clearly displayed in 'Board Policies':

5. (....) For sale posts and messages are permitted in the For Sale forum only. Posts in other forums will be removed and may result in the user being banned. No for sale posting or commercial links in signatures or user profiles.

I think we need to remember that this is an excellent forum that is provided gratis and we shouldn't expect the world from those that have the laborious task of keeping the site moderated.

Dave M 10-19-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StJamm (Post 5131737)
I think we need to remember that this is an excellent forum that is provided gratis and we shouldn't expect the world from those that have the laborious task of keeping the site moderated.

Very true, it's a great forum with loads of info, I found the shop because of the forum i'm sure many of us have but there are policies and it is free for us to use.