Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   cant string polys (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=354430)

TheRebelofPrince 10-26-2010 08:20 AM

cant string polys
 
my eagnas hyper 60 wont let me string polys and then with syn gut the tension is way off wtf do i do!!!

Irvin 10-26-2010 09:22 AM

Why won't your Eagnas let you string poly?

Irvin

Radicalized 10-27-2010 04:30 AM

Yeah, you're going to need to elaborate.

Donny0627 10-27-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radicalized (Post 5147495)
Yeah, you're going to need to elaborate.

yea thats the only way we can help you

TheRebelofPrince 10-27-2010 11:38 AM

like i after i wrap the string up and go to tension, it wont like go. idk

dgdawg 10-27-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRebelofPrince (Post 5148199)
like i after i wrap the string up and go to tension, it wont like go. idk

Dude...like...what do you actually mean...like

Kyle7286 10-27-2010 12:04 PM

lol... ok.

Figure out exactly what your problem is and figure out how to explain it to us.

All of us will help you once we understand what the issue is.

Is sounds like you are having issues pulling a poly string.. but it could be due to many variables (Clamps, Usererror, Machine Defect etc..)

Narrow it down.. read your manuals that came with the machine. And also call your manufacturer.

coachrick 10-27-2010 12:04 PM

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no Eagnas 60, but if it's a drop weight, you just need to start the weight at 2 o'clock or so since the poly has so little give...think of it as Kevlar when you place the string in or around the gripper(slack, in other words) so the weight moves from 2-3 o'clock or thereabouts.

Irvin 10-27-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRebelofPrince (Post 5148199)
like i after i wrap the string up and go to tension, it wont like go. idk

The Eagnas Hyper 60 is a drop weight with a linear gripper. You don't wrap the string in a linear gripper. And it won't like go? Have you asked the stringer if it really wants to go? IS this the stringer you have or do you have any idea?



Irvin

Irvin 10-27-2010 02:27 PM

I am thinking that maybe the OP has no idea of how to use a drop weight stringer. Because the poly is so stiff and the arm will not drop as far as it does with a syn gut he is confused. If that is the case that is normal.

Irvin

coachrick 10-27-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 5148581)
And it won't like go? Have you asked the stringer if it really wants to go?



Irvin

You funny! :)

TheRebelofPrince 10-27-2010 02:46 PM

yeah im use to a babolat star 5 but now i use a eagnas hyper 60 and wondering why it wudnt pull polys

bugeyed 10-27-2010 02:55 PM

[quote=TheRebelofPrince;5148623]yeah im use to a babolat star 5 but now i use a eagnas hyper 60 and wondering why it wudnt pull polys[/QUOTE

You should probably just get rid of that machine.

Cheers,
kev

Radicalized 10-27-2010 06:24 PM

Right now I'm playing, Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown.

Just so you know, this company has had many issues with its machines, including tensioning.

But I'll try to generalize.

For proper tension, (which you can check) you need the complete weight (both sections). How do you know syn. gut tension is way off? Lots of issues can affect that.

Wipe down your polys in the event they are slick. Check the linear gripper and be sure it will be tight enough for the gauge when you run the sting through it. I'm sure there is the possibility of slippage.

As noted above, polys don't really stretch. If you put the string in the gripper of a dropweight when the arm is in the "up" position, and try to drop it, you may only get it to vertical or not much more. Try to make adjustments to drop the arm from, let's say, 45 deg. or so to start out. I don't know that particular machine to say. That may be your issue with, as you wrote, "wont let me string polys."

You may have to make machine adjustments between using polys and syn. gut. Angle the arm over first, as noted, and then set the gripper to grab the string. Then drop.

And I have no idea what the OP means by "after I wrap the string up." Wrap? The model # you gave, the Hyper 60, has a linear gripper with the dropweight. There is no drum, like some machines, to do any wrapping.

JavierLW 10-27-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radicalized (Post 5148976)

Just so you know, this company has had many issues with its machines, including tensioning.

Really? Where did you hear that from? The usual scatter of comments from people who do not even own a Eagnas?

It's a dropweight, there isnt much that can go wrong with tensioning.

It's likely the simple fact that he had a electronic machine and was used to just sticking the string on a gripper and hitting the button and now he has a dropweight and doesnt know how to string poly on it because like you said he needs to hold the weight closer to horizontal because poly does not stretch as much as other strings. He'll have that issue with any dropweight.

technoob10 10-27-2010 10:42 PM

Here, try this video from topanlego http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adMW3mARDV4

Radicalized 10-28-2010 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierLW (Post 5149088)
Really? Where did you hear that from? The usual scatter of comments from people who do not even own a Eagnas?

From the scattering of people who do. This isn't the only place for info in the world. I've been around a while, if not a member of the forum. It is simply a blanket comment covering the fact there could be issues beyond his control. The information is only a general response to his attempt to communicate the apparent lack of the ability for the machine to work for him (or perhaps just his ability to operate it). It was not an attempt to evaluate specific quality control issues with certain foreign-made products.

Given the glut of Eagnas models at seemingly low prices, one looking at this board would think the American distributor would at least attempt to give itself a better face, if only for those posting on boards like this, who do have some sway with buyers searching the web regarding machines.

JavierLW 10-28-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radicalized (Post 5149560)
From the scattering of people who do. This isn't the only place for info in the world. I've been around a while, if not a member of the forum. It is simply a blanket comment covering the fact there could be issues beyond his control. The information is only a general response to his attempt to communicate the apparent lack of the ability for the machine to work for him (or perhaps just his ability to operate it). It was not an attempt to evaluate specific quality control issues with certain foreign-made products.

Given the glut of Eagnas models at seemingly low prices, one looking at this board would think the American distributor would at least attempt to give itself a better face, if only for those posting on boards like this, who do have some sway with buyers searching the web regarding machines.

This is aside from this guy's problem. (which again is that he doesnt know how to string poly on a dropweight)

But I doubt you KNOW that anyone is having tensioning issues. Especially by the simple fact that IT'S A DROPWEIGHT. It's not like you calibrate it or anything.

I just bought a machine from them with many of the same features and having never strung a racquet, Ive been able to string 5 already in a few days. It worked fine.

Im glad I didnt waste the extra $200-$300.

Apparently you'd just bought into the general rant about customer service in general, your final comment shows that.

This forum is better served by people who have honest experiences with products so buyers can make an informed decision, not by people who just spread what they've heard with no experience of their own with a product.

And again I have very good comprehension so it's not a communication issue to me, he's trying to pull Poly just like you would a multi and he's noticing that it wont stretch enough to drop the weight anywhere near horizontal.

Given that he has a linear gripper, that's the normal thing you would try to do given how that thing works and that he likely isnt aware of how a dropweight works with poly.

And I will be honest I do suspect that even if you know what you are doing, the linear gripper may make the job a bit harder the the rotational one with Poly, because you have to hold the string in it until it drops down. So while you are setting the string, you have to hold the weight in place with the other hand (so it doesnt fall down). That might be kind of cumbersome compared to the rotational kind where I imagine you just wrap the string around it and put it in the jaws while holding the weight.

Radicalized 10-28-2010 07:55 AM

The poly issue has been addressed already as you have noted regarding the position of the arm when using polys because of the lack of stretch.

I never planned to debate over Eagnas. It is MAXLINE's wallet. The issue I addressed in the previous post is not about what I believe, but a perception in general, regardless of reality--and I'm not addressing that now, that affects sales. And where dropweights have had issues, for example, have been with mislabeled/marked bars or grippers that don't hold for whatever reason. It was one sentence for one's general consideration. One can't assume mechanical perfection.

All I expected from the OP was a direct explanation of what he is doing that makes him feel this way about the poly. There is no point of forum members playing a guessing game. Also, he still has not explained what makes him think the tension on his synthetic gut is way off.

All I ever hope for from a poster is some decent grammar/syntax to start out with, and hopefully, the issue addressed in as much detail as possible. One can do better than, "my eagnas hyper 60 wont let me string polys."

JavierLW 10-28-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radicalized (Post 5149790)
The poly issue has been addressed already as you have noted regarding the position of the arm when using polys because of the lack of stretch.

I never planned to debate over Eagnas. It is MAXLINE's wallet. The issue I addressed in the previous post is not about what I believe, but a perception in general, regardless of reality--and I'm not addressing that now, that affects sales. And where dropweights have had issues, for example, have been with mislabeled/marked bars or grippers that don't hold for whatever reason. It was one sentence for one's general consideration. One can't assume mechanical perfection.

All I expected from the OP was a direct explanation of what he is doing that makes him feel this way about the poly. There is no point of forum members playing a guessing game. Also, he still has not explained what makes him think the tension on his synthetic gut is way off.

All I ever hope for from a poster is some decent grammar/syntax to start out with, and hopefully, the issue addressed in as much detail as possible. One can do better than, "my eagnas hyper 60 wont let me string polys."

Well too bad, you should be careful about what you say then. You wrote a very good post but you choose to throw one line in there that obviously you really have no firsthand knowledge about. Which only really confuses the issue.

You say you dont want to play a guessing game, yet you wrote a post where you threw every idea out there possible including ones that you dont know anything about.

And he didn't say anything about synthetic gut tension being way off at least not in this thread.

Im glad you admit that what you said is just perception. That's the problem, intelligent buyers want to know reality, they dont care about general perception so you shouldn't spread rumor's about things that you don't know anything about.

It's kind of frustrating that anytime anyone either has an Eagnas or asks about one, a bunch of know-it-alls have to sit and quote on the basis of "perception".

And that makes that one comment you made NOT helpful in any way whatsoever since after all this guy HAS boughten an Eagnas and you have no idea if they really have a tensioning issue or not.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse